Voyager Essentials Collection

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Defiant Obrien, Jul 31, 2013.

1. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

it's really good! One of my favorite parts is at the end when he's dying and seven says "you are hurting me"

2. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

OP, you clearly have no grasp of which of Voyager's episodes are filler and which aren't (although you could argue all are..)

3. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

what's funny is that you could argue that ALL of the episodes are filler. Voyager is about being stranded in the Delta Quadrant, so you really only need to see Caretaker (they get stranded) and Endgame (they get home) :rommie:

4. Defiant Obrien

Defiant Obrien Lieutenant

Thanks VERY much you guys! this is exactly what i was looking for.

On this list i have most of these except i think Drone, 30 days and Bride of Chaotica... These eps worth the re-watch huh?

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

God, how can anyone look at Drone as "filler"? :confused:

"You are hurting me." :(

"You will adapt." :weep:

6. Defiant Obrien

Actually I take that back. I did did see drone
    (he called himself, One i believe)

I am rememberying the TNG episode where Data and Geordi disconnected the borg Hue from the collective. It was remenicsint.. But seriously if i had to compare the two, id go with the TNG episode..

(yeah yeah, i know they are different story lines)

And i guess by filler, I mean "if you never saw the epsiode, you'd not be missing something critical to the series"

ie:
    Kes Leaving
    Tom and B'llana getting married
    Paris being demoted
    Janeway's hairstyle changes LOL

7. Defiant Obrien

by filler, doesnt just mean an episode that doesnt add any depth to the characters or story.. It can also mean a boring episode...

Take the TNG episode Darmok.. This episode was done so well
    and was so epic that even tho nothing "changed" in the storyline, you'd be nuts not to have watched it at least 3 or 4 times.

I honestly cant say that about most of the voyager episodes

8. Defiant Obrien

Actually I have seen timeless, drone and counterpoint (i realize ive seen MOST of the season 5 eps).

Tsunkatse was a guilty pleasure episode.. I honestly only watched it because of the rock.

(the way he tossed 7 of 9 around was kinda hot... in a WWF BDSM kinda way)

9. Defiant Obrien

I cant mate.. believe me I stuck it out for 5 seasons (probably missed all of 5 in S5) and I just cant take it anymore.. Its not holding my interest.

10. Defiant Obrien

Your previous response was out of scope mate. You really think i need a snarky retort? If you cant be productive, you're wasting both our time.

11. Defiant Obrien

Totally agree about 7 and the doctor. (they are way better together than say him and Kes).

Probably because the doctor wasnt very developed (as a hologram).. When 7 rolled around, he found someone more socially dysfunctional than he was so he was able to shine.

From your list, the only episodes i skipped were:

Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy

(The rest are all in season 7 i believe. And i JUST now started Unimatrix 0 part duex)

Thanks much for compiling this!

"Never sleep in your car next to the goodwill dropbox.. The other transients hovering around will give you no peace"

12. Defiant Obrien

Im sorry dude but Bride Of Chatoica was a bullshit episode. There was no sense of danger..The dialog was way WAY over the top (even for a b-side)... It was like reading an Archie comic book.

I totally understand what you mean about old movie serials.. (i used to watch the scarecrow and lone ranger and flash and buck back in the day).. Operative word "BACK IN THE DAY"..

Its no more than more guilty pleasure pandering and just shows that they were REAL short on ideas.

Look at the TNG episodes that featured picard as Dixon Hill. Its the de-facto standard for the nostalgia feel being portrayed and works flawlessly

13. Defiant Obrien

Season 5 was pretty much where I started to lose interest completely in voyager (i think i had just finished bride of chaotica when i made this post).... I really want to finish the series but going through so many of those filler episodes was starting to feel like work instead of being entertained..

and I did watch threshold (tom gets transmogrified into some kinda iguana thing and knocks up the captain)

Addams family!!! Absolutely.. forgot about that one.. and the munsters.. BOC totally had that feel

I agree with you, Voyagers inherent feminism feel (and im not knocking that approach..).. just felt "forced".. Janeway was trying too hard to be the bad ass captain that inspires loyalty.. And something i noticed this time around was that Kate Mulgrew REALLY overacts some of her parts.. Robert Beltran too.. but i honestly think the chakotay character should have been played by a much older actor..

If you want to talk sexist, look at how all the main male characters played second string to their female counterparts

(Chakotay -> Janeway)
    (Tom -> Blana)
    (Neelix -> Kes)
    (Doctor.. -> practically everyone cept maybe 7)

14. Defiant Obrien

I totally agree man. Like i said, i suffered through 5 seasons already.. Season 5 i only skipped like.. 4 or 5

15. Defiant Obrien

And I appreciate it! I have already seen every episode in S1-S4.. i only started skipping in Season 5

AND I LOVED FUTURES END!! That is a star trek hall of famer.. Flawless execution and memorable lines..Equal to any of the TNG or DS9 back in time episodes..

You're right, S1-S4 (which i think is where kes left) seems to be a completely different series than S5+

16. Defiant Obrien

Thanks McCloed.. Ive seen most of these as well. Good thing about putting this post together was it looks like my initial choices agree with the majority of the responses..

17. Defiant Obrien

I just know how to recognize good writing and execution my man.

And you know what? I think janeway looks way sexier without all that old lady makeup (i just finished Unimatrix 0 and am watching the ending where she is in recovery.. Freakin hot..

18. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

You're welcome!

Any reason you wish to skip Tinker Tenor Doctor Spy? It is one of the most "humorous but in a good way" episodes that feature the Doctor, IMO. But I love VOY's humor. :lol:

19. Defiant Obrien

I will probably go back and watch it since you mention. So many of these episodes can be watched out of order.

20. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

30 days is when Tom gets demoted, and it adds insight into his character which is what I believe you were looking for.

Bride of Chaotica doesn't add anything, but it's just a good fun episode.

Drone adds character insight