Paranormal Activity 2 Discussion and Grading

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I agree a better description for the end is a bookend...this whole movie is like a companion piece for the first and sets up which will be the sequel proper in the inevitable third film. I don't think the decisions made in this movie were any more irksome than the decisions that Micha made in the first movie...the most bothersome would be Dan's decision to bump the demon to Katie stands out for obvious reasons. He's trying to protect the woman he loves at the expense of her sister who she's close to. I think Kristi would have been pissed at him had she found out what he did.

2. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I enjoyed it, maybe not as good as the original, but not by much. I enjoyed the ties to the first, even Micah being fascinated by the camera. I do think another movie would be interesting, I guess it would be about Ally trying to rescue her brother. I was especially creeped out by the focus on the baby, given that my very young nephew has the same name.

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I enjoyed it mainly for the audience reactions to it. It was nice to see it tied together but besides the occasional jumpy moment I was fairly bored, as was the guy sitting a couple of rows over by the sound of his "This is shit, might as well be watching Big Brother" half way through the film.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral