Teen Wolf, Season 4 (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gryffindorian, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Tonight's episode was pretty good for the most part, though the storytelling was kinda sloppy. Since when did Melissa McCall go broke and get delinquent on the electric bills? I thought that was a just a silly plot element to explore how Scott would react to finding Garrett's stash of money.

Garrett kidnapped Liam and tried to blackmail Scott into helping him rescue Violet, who was being transported by the authorities, but Kate got to Violet first. Why Kate wanted the Orphans dead wasn't clear to me, but I imagine it was vengeance-motivated and had nothing to do with the Benefactor.

Derek and Malia went looking for Brett's pack in the woods, but again, why was that important? What were they hoping to accomplish? It had nothing to do with finding out who the Benefactor was. They were looking for Buddhists. :rolleyes: I'll tell you where to find them. Come to Oakland Chinatown!

Stiles and Lydia went with Deputy Parrish to see Meredith and ask for her help to decipher the third list. She couldn't and she later hanged herself, and Lydia was able to unlock the third list. These were the only characters on tonight's episode with clear motives.

2. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

She didn't want Violet dead. She wanted to know where she got the tape. However she can't control her anger.

3. Gryffindorian

Ah, yes. At the beginning, when Kate and her Berserkers massacred the group of hunters, she wanted to know where one of them got the cassette tape. I suppose that would lead to the identity of the Benefactor.

4. Gryffindorian

I haven't seen Frozen, but I'm assuming the ice queen is the villain.

EDIT:

Wrong thread.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  5. Gryffindorian

The PSAT administrator infected Scott and company with a potentially fatal virus that could kill wolves. But how convenient that Dr. Deaton quickly figured out the disease and cure, and Derek happened to have a bottle of the reishi mushrooms in the family vault where Scott and company were hiding. :lol:

I liked Satomi's character. That grandma can still kick ass!

6. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

Neo-grandma was awesome!

I liked this one although I'm normally not a fan of deadly disease infects everyone and is stopped within the last 5 minutes episodes...

7. Aeolusdallas

I love how Scott's plans never work out the way they are supposed to

8. Gryffindorian

Interesting development. Looks like Lydia's grandma is still alive (and also a banshee), and may be the Benefactor.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was a pretty great twist IMO. It would definitely explain how they knew everyone who had died's names to use for passwords.
    So does the scene with Kate and Peter mean that they've been working together, or was that probably just a one time thing?
    Did they explain yet why Talia took Peter's memory's of Malia's mother?

10. Aeolusdallas

Peter had approached Kate in an earlier episode and suggested an alliance

11. Gryffindorian

And the identity of the Benefactor has now been revealed. And it is ... Meredith. :wtf: :confused: She's alive! That was totally unexpected. I was convinced toward the end of the episode that it was Eichen House attendant.

When Deputy Parrish was tied up and set on fire in his patrol car by a fellow officer, I thought, "Geez, how could they kill him off just like that?!" He's actually a likeable character on the show (and not just for being an eye candy), and I'm sure millions of viewers screamed when they thought he was a goner. So how did he survive? Is he a phoenix? A dragon?

The episode shed some light on the background of Lydia's grandmother Lorraine. She, too, was a banshee confined to Eichen House and was murdered by the attendant (who, as we know now, was acting under Meredith's orders) and made to appear like a suicide. I wasn't clear on her involvement, though. Did the grandmother write the code and Dead Pool?

12. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

The way Parrish returned to the station and directly to Haig made me think he was some kind of Revenant. But I doubt if that's going to be the case.

Also, how old is Meredith supposed to be?

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

My guess? Parrish is a Phoenix, which means he's fireproof.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the idea of Perrish being a Phoenix.
    I have to admit, I honestly thought that were killing him off when the other deputy started him on fire.
    I totally did not see Meredith being the Benefactor, that was a pretty great twist. So I'm wondering if the crazy thing has all been an act, because even in that little bit we saw her at the end, she seemed a lot more with it than when we've seen her in the past.

15. Beagleman

Beagleman Commodore Commodore

The way he walked in made me think of a Terminator.:D

16. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

A phoenix isn't fireproof, he dies, burns and is then reborn from the ashes.
    So if he's a phoenix Parrish technically died, the deputy should have gotten his 5 million bucks, he just forgot to confirm the death, if he had done that he could now afford a good lawyer.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Traditionally yes, but TEEN WOLF tends to reinvent things. Lydia is hardly a traditional Scottish banshee, and do most kitsune have electric lightning powers?

18. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Yeah, I'm just not buying it.

19. Aeolusdallas

Thunder Kitsune do. Which is what Kira's mom calls her. But I agree with your point

20. Gryffindorian

Tonight's episode confirmed what I suspected: Peter Hale is the Benefactor, although it was Meredith who carried out his plan to get rid of the other supernaturals and recreate Beacon Hills in his own image. Meredith heard Peter's primal thoughts when he was in a coma many years ago after the Hale estate fire. What I don't get is how they came up with the antiquated computer server at the lake house that pretty much created the Dead Pool. Was it Lorraine, Lydia's grandmother who put it together? For that matter, what was Lorraine's involvement, apart from being murdered by Brunski?