DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This all has to do with the upcoming Trinity War I believe, in case some are wondering.

2. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

He might be vulnerable to the sword, but couldn't he just take it away from her? He does move at super speed. Or just blow her away with his super breath. Or heat vision. Etc.

If playing by the rules they have established: Supes cleans the floor with, magic sword or not.

3. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Did somebody just register this? www.trekbbsofamerica.com is already OWNED!!!!

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed so. The Justice League could dominate most of the Justice League of America...in pure power. I'm not arguing that. Not every member of the Justice League though thinks strategically with their powers though (perhaps Diana, because's a warrior and been trained to think that like) but that's why they have Arthur and Bruce coordinating. It's an interesting roster nonetheless. Trinity War has potential to be fascinating.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Justice League 17: good ending, first well put together storyline for that book.

JLA 1: did not impress, mostly because it was that the ole underwhelming "people sit around talking about all the team members but they don't meet or do anything" introduction.

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

The hand goes back to the Silver Age GL series. It also shows up in COIE where it's the Anti-Monitor's hand. (the Spectre shows up the arm wrestle him).

Of course that was then, as was the version seen in Zero Hour, and this is the New 52, so past continuity doesn't matter much.

7. theenglish

Because the reverse Flash changing Barry's history shattered everything going back to the Big Bang?

8. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You didn't read Flashpoint at all did you? First, Prof Zoom did not change history. Barry did. And then when he changed it back to create the New 52, he entirely changed things by bringing in two other timestreams. And DC has said that none of the Crises happened in this continuity, so, that means it probably wasn't the Anti-Monitor anyway.

9. theenglish

Yeah, I read it--just being sarcastic.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Would you prefer Superboy punching the wall of reality so hard even the Marvel Universe had to change?;)

11. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is THAT how Tony Stark's comic origin got shifted from Vietnam to Afghanistan?

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Stark started drinking in Vietnam, but by the time he came out of it, it was Afghanistan.

We've all been there.

13. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I would like to think that Superboy Prime somehow survived Flashpoint and is living happily on his own Earth right now.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Ah, Superboy Prime's punching reality to pieces. God love teenage angst. But it did give us Redhood so there's that... ?

Read JL, good end to "Throne of Atlantis" be interesting to see where Aquaman goes from here as he's taking his throne. Art in this book is good, though I noticed a couple of times Wonder Woman was given "Liefeldian Scoliosis." I might consider making JL a pull, I like what I've seen in these books with the ToA arc.

Supergirl: The penultimate chapter in the "H'El on Earth" storyline, and it was pretty decent. Featuring a battle between Wonder Woman and Supergirl, Wonder Woman using her lasso to help Supergirl realize what's going on. The final showdown between Supergirl and the JL against H'El next week in Superman should prove interesting.

15. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I have found the H'El story pretty interesting so far. I have especially enjoyed seeing just how vast Supermans fortress is. Of course it really is incredible that he could have gone and collected everything in it in five years, but the less mention of the stupid time frame the better.

16. Trekker4747

Well, it is five years in the DC universe. Look how many catastrophes Metropolis has faced in just a little over a year of the New52. They must have the most overworked public-works department in the history of ever. ;)

17. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

JLA#1... the art felt scrunched and hard to look at, and the dialogue... What a bad issue. And I sorta hate what they are doing with Hawkman. No. I don't sorta. I hated it. I can't say I'm interested in JLA#2.

And I still think Wonder Woman is the best of the best of the rebooted books. If, and when, they were to make a Wonder Woman movie (before or after a Justice League one) I would like to see this as a template. Urban Fantasy meets Super Hero. It's great fun.

18. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

In my head as I'm reading the Lantern books, the First Lantern sounds like John DeLancie. Now he will sound like that for all of you, too. You're welcome.

19. Trekker4747

Good thing I don't read the Lantern books then. ;)

Interesting to note: About half way through Supergirl, H'El sucker-punches Superman, in a splash panel we see Superman flying from this punch, in the panel he has on the red trunks and yellow belt. (But the design of the armor is still very much the Krypotnian/New52 vesion.)

20. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

:lol: Is that a side affect of being a brony? ;)