The Invaders (1960s tv) questions.....

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Grant, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Hey.

I just got Invaders IN COLOR from my local library and i have watched 6 episodes and I like it okay so far.

I have a few questions if anybody knows the answers........

Did the show have any other recurring characters?

Were there any two-parters?

Was there a wrap-up?

Any true classic ("City on he Edge..") episodes/

And was there ever a follow up in any form or remake?

Thanks and try to keep it major spoiler free!!

2. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

There is a sequel miniseries from the 90s, starring Scott Bakula and also featuring Roy Thinnes. It was pretty lackluster though.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112018/

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

It gains a second regular character, Edgar Scoville (Kent Smith), in the latter half of the second (final) season.

There's one, episodes 9-10 of season 2.

I don't think so.

4. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

There is a good two parter late in the series, yes. In the second season they start tio get away from the 'lone witness' angle; which IMO made the show better imo.

5. MANT!

MANT! Vice Admiral Admiral

But no wrap up.....the 3rd season planned was "supposedly" going to have members of the US military covertly helping Vincent as a unit..but as that season wasn't greenlighted, we'll never know...

6. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Thanks people.

It sounds like it improves in season 2 which is good to know.

Really like Thinnes----he does well with an underwritten part (after the first 8 episodes anyway.)

7. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

about halfway through the second season things start to change. goes from just Vincent working alone or with a guest star to working with a group of people. just finished the 4th disk earlier actually.

8. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

A couple of exceptional episodes are the first season "The Innocent" in which Michael Rennie plays an alien who tries to convince Vincent that alien rule will be beneficial to mankind and that their goal is to turn Earth into a Utopia.
    Also the second season's "The Ransom" in which Vincent manages to kidnap an important alien leader (Micheal Rennie). In an effort to get him to the authorities, he becomes surrounded by alien forces in an isolated cabin with a misanthropic old poet (Laurence Naismith) who is apathetic about the situation. I selected "The Ransom" as one of my top fifty television episodes of the 1960's, but I could as easily have picked "The Innocent" in it's spot.

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

while Michael Rennie did return in Season 2 it was in the two part 'Summit Meeting' not 'The Ransom'.

10. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My bad. I meant to say Alfred Ryder.