"Shaping a Cardassian" - characters

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Gul Re'jal, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

My, my, he has QUITE a grin on his face!!! I love it! If I saw someone smile like that in real life, I'd want to chat with him. :) You did well with the lines around his mouth, and the shape of his eyes, both of which hint at a smile without even looking at his lips.

His hair almost looks like it was deliberately spiked...did he do it on purpose or did he just get up, take a shower, and then wipe his hair with a towel and let it dry? Either way, I think it's such a fun look! :)

2. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    I think his hair in a bit curly--rather an anomaly for a Cardassian--and after he combs it, it starts to do what it wants... I can almost hear a sound a spring makes when popping out of an old mattress when this happens :guffaw:

It wouldn't be a problem if his hair were longer but...I think he likes it that way :lol:

I also added wrinkles under his ridges. I assumed that this also could be a place where, with age, skin gets deeper lines, as ridges have limited flexibility but still are in place and when a Cardassian face changes its expressions, the skin wrinkles there and with time that leaves signs.

3. Nerys Ghemor

LOL, nice!!!

Even cats have a mutation like that once in awhile (wavy or curly hair), so why not a Cardassian? ;)

It's his trademark! :D

That makes sense. At least in my universes, what's under the ridges is cartilage, and only that upper part of the eye ridges has any mobility--limited by human standards because of the cartilage, but serving the same purpose as a raised eyebrow.

BTW...what actor do you see as playing Albek?

4. Gul Re'jal

There's something about dishevelled men for me today :lol:

Captain Asu Ronus

[​IMG]

5. Gul Re'jal

While for the drawing I just used random photos of smiles, hair, wrinkles and everything... if I had to choose an actor, it would be David Morse. He's much too tall, but he has a nice face and Albek is supposed to have a nice face too.

David Wenham would make a perfect Ronus (after dying his hair to light brown ;)).

Hmm... a day of dishevelled characters and men named David :lol:

6. Nerys Ghemor

Nice! :) I'd forgotten that Ronus had facial hair.

He definitely comes across in that photo as more reserved than Jadzia Dax. ;) Not standoffish, though--I just imagine he is quieter in the way he speaks and moves.

7. Gul Re'jal

He is a quiet and very composed person. Definitely not a party animal.

Initially it was supposed to be Ronus to comment Albek's hair, but I couldn't make them meet. If I could, it would be quite..."inappropriate" if Ronus called Ablek 'dishevelled,' wouldn't it? ;)

8. Nerys Ghemor

"Dishevelled' would definitely be insulting. It would suggest he rolled out of bed and didn't properly get himself ready for the day.

Kind of like the kids, when I was in college, who came to class in their pajamas. I might be one of those kids. ;) (Although I at least bothered to change my pants so nobody would know right away that was my pajama top.)

Maybe he could say Albek's hair is very "unique" or "distinctive"?

9. Gul Re'jal

How about "standing out?" :guffaw:

10. Nerys Ghemor

Think the pun would translate? How would Albek like that? "Stands/sticks out from the crowd..." :lol:

11. Gul Re'jal

I'm sure he would love not to be a plain simple medic :lol:

12. Nerys Ghemor

In your universe, the words "plain, simple" are not words I want to hear. Ever. Unless a certain "plain, simple" individual is at the gallows. :evil:

13. Gul Re'jal

Shall I send Ma'Kan to hunt him down? :evil:

14. Nerys Ghemor

OOOOH!! OOOOOH! I WANNA SEE, I WANNA SEE! :evil: He was in the Orias system. In your universe, in my opinion, that is evidence enough.

(I only want to see if justice is served in Cardassian fashion and the good guys win. ;) )

15. PikeFan

PikeFan Commander Red Shirt

Awesome Re'Jal!

*currently hiding under cowboys bed. I'm a red shirt AND a Maquis)

16. Gul Re'jal

Thank you, Pikefan.

A redshirt! Woohoo, target practice! :devil:

17. TerokNor

TerokNor Captain Captain

Oh I love the doctors looks, he has a beautiful face. The hair does take a bit getting used too though, but the more often I look at it, the more I like it.

And thats Ronus? Good drawing and nice blue eyes. But I find your Cardies more attractive than him. Do I need to worry? ;)

TerokNor

18. Gul Re'jal

^Absolutely not! Everyone knows that Cardassians are most attractive and no Trill can change that :D

19. Gul Re'jal

This is ancient armour worn by the Cardassians in Hebitian times and shortly after, when it was modified several times to become what we know today (it is mentioned in Episode 2, Chapter 9 of Strength without Sarifice is Useless story). The drawing was created for another story, but seems like someone lost interest (tsk, tsk), so since it is still a canon for my universe, here it is:

[​IMG]

This is more a sketch than a finished drawing, but should give you a general idea.

20. Nerys Ghemor

Interesting...that's the outfit Demok and Av'Roo were talking about? Almost seems Roman!