Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I don't for see that ending well for Maul and Opress.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, Maul is conspicuously absent in ROTS. ;)

4. Zardoza

Zardoza Ensign

How did the mando's reconquer the planet and did not kill anybody? It would look fishy to most mando citizens.

5. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whats the next 4-parter about?

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The next four parter stars Jar Jar, Cad Bane's Seth Green droid, and General Frog Guy :lol:

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

And we find out Ziro the Hutt isn't actually dead.

8. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh, shit! A picnic on Mortis! :D

Episode titles for the final four:
    17.Sabotage
    18.The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    19. To Catch a Jedi
    20. The Wrong Jedi

I hope it's light on comedy, we've endured enough poorly executed attempts at being funny this year.
    It would also be nice to maybe see a bit of Anakin and Obi Wan together as well.
    I didn't realize we were only getting 20 this year! Times must be tough at Lucasfilm. ;)

EDIT: Found a synopsis for the final arc! Spoil yourself, if you so desire:
    "Anakin and Ahsoka investigate an explosion at the Temple, suspicious that a Jedi-turned-dark is responsible." Sounds like Ventress gets involved and somehow Ahsoka is implicated as the guilty party.
    I can get into that.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  9. CaptainWacky

CaptainWacky More than meets the eye Rear Admiral

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Sidious just threw down on Maul & Savage

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

12. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That was a pretty good episode, though the whole arc was too rushed. I wasn't expecting Satine to die and not like that. They really did a good job showing Obi's heartbreak and Maul relishing his pain.

The Mandalorian civil war was handled pretty well, though the highlight of the show was the Sidious-Maul-Savage duel. That was epic. The dialogue wasn't quite what I wanted it to be, but the action was great. I've got mixed feelings about them not killing Maul off. I wonder if Disney plans to use him for the next round of movies.

I also wonder when Palpatine learned of Maul's return? I also wondered why he didn't do something about it sooner if he had in fact learned about Maul's resurrection soon after the Jedi found out.

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

See, her problem was that she didn't use the right invocation. When you send him a holographic distress call, you're supposed to say, "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope." Everyone knows that. ;)

Speaking of missed ANH references, why the hell didn't Obi-Wan use the Jedi mind trick on that guard? "You don't need to see my authorization." Easy.

I can't really agree. Sure, there was some impressive fight choreography and whatnot there, so it was technically proficient, but there was nobody to root for, so it didn't engage me emotionally.

Also, it bugged me that they used Darth Vader's theme at some points in the sequence of Sidious's arrival. Okay, technically it's "The Imperial March," but it's always been associated specifically with Vader. And the show has used hints of it before in scenes that are suggestive of Anakin's emerging dark side, which is an appropriate use. So hearing it here was just jarring -- particularly since they also used the Emperor's theme, which is what they should've used throughout.

Just as a point of order, I don't think it's correct to use "Disney" there. Disney is a corporation that buys up these other entertainment companies like Pixar and Marvel and Lucasfilm in order to gain the profits from their creations, but they don't actually dissolve the companies; Pixar and Marvel and Lucasfilm still exist as distinct production companies, and it's their people who make the creative decisions. So it will still be Lucasfilm that makes future Star Wars productions, just as it's Marvel that makes the Avengers-universe movies and Pixar that makes Pixar movies and shorts. They're all distinct entities from the actual film production company called Walt Disney Studios. In other words, the person creatively in charge of new SW movies will be Kathleen Kennedy, not John Lassetter.

The impression I got from that shot of him on Coruscant was that we were seeing him "sense a presence in the Force" at that moment. Perhaps Maul's rage at facing Obi-Wan was sufficient to send ripples through the Dark Side that Palps could pick up from halfway across the known galaxy.

14. Mr. Adventure

That was pretty badass there. Palpatine rocked the sabers but I can't picture Maul being one to cry mercy, seemed out of character. I thought that mural they fought against was a really cool touch.

I was shocked at Satine's fate! I thought she was an interesting character and I liked that her face wasn't so generic. Obi-Wan doesn't seem as easy to sway to the dark side as Anakin and his kin. Unfortunately I think Ahsoka is going to meet an untimely end to help set Anakin off which will seem more natural than the movies I reckon.

Did anyone not add "you're my only hope" to Satine's message? :)

15. Set Harth

Root for Sidious. :evil: I did.

Except when it was used at the end of AOTC.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I felt a great disturbance in the Fanbase, as if millions of voices cried out in geekdom and simultaneously referenced.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I was rooting for Palps/Sideous to kick Maul's ass and he did. Awesome. Savage Opress...who gives a shit. As soon as Satine's sister was mentioned I knew it was the Deathwatch babe. I'm guessing that Maul will be back at the end of the season.

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know I did. I was actually kind of disappointed that she didin't, but that might have been to blatant of a reference.
    I really enjoyed this episode. The Madolorian Civil War stuff was pretty interesting, Satine's death was shocking, and the Maul/Opress/Sidious duel was awesome.
    I'm very curious when we'll get to find out what Sidious's plans are for Maul.

19. Set Harth

Wasn't Satine's death spoiled by Shadow Conspiracy?

20. Mr. Adventure

I should have seen that coming but I didn't.