TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. 99neesie

99neesie Ensign Newbie

Hello all! I am a newbie with an onsession for Will Riker. I love everything about him (except his wife! JK, she's actually pretty cool) Seriously, anything I can get on Will is welcome! Pics, videos, stories...I love it all. I am a 30-something mom working on a Master's degree in Public Relations. I am originally a Kirk fan, but I adore TNG so much. Data is a very close second favorite. I am working on getting my kids hoooked and so far it's going very well. We're planning a trip to Vegas and the ST experience in May!

2. DostoyevskyClone

DostoyevskyClone Captain Captain

I'm brand-new to the forum but a huge TNG fan. I enjoy defending Riker and generally discussing why he is so cool. I also like discussing overlooked episodes, such as "The Outcast" but also the merits of such creative episodes like "Parallels". I signed up for the forum because I look forward to talking with people who have the same knowledge and appreciation of TNG that I do...

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Welcome to the TrekBBS, 99 and DC :)

4. CaptainJon

CaptainJon Captain Captain

CaptainJon: Hi. I'm Jon.
    TNG Fans: Hi, Jon.
    CaptainJon: And I'm a TNG fan.

TNG fans applaud

5. darthvincor

darthvincor Commander Red Shirt

Hi, I'm also new to the forum, name's Vince.

I'm a former heathen: who was once a star wars fan and hardly acknowledged star trek. I didn't start watching ST until the age of 16 or so.
    But then I started watching TNG and have been hooked ever since, and am proud to report having had no relapses into star wars.
    Though my favorite show is DS9, TNG will always have a special place because it was the first I watched.

And I regretably don't own a ST uniform.
    I'm 29.

6. USS Valkyrie

USS Valkyrie Commander Red Shirt

Hi, my name is Ken.

I have also lapsed into the poser sci-fi that is Star Wars but have seen it for what it really is and have since abandoned it. Though I am I also more devoted to DS9, I still love TNG. I am currently having a Polar Lights 1/350 scale Refit Enterprise built with all the bells and whistles and will have a Studio Scale, 38 inch Defiant NX-74205 model built next year. I am currently shopping for a uniform.

7. K-Star

K-Star Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Uh, hi. I'm new to this site. I've been looking for a good Trek forum and I think this one might be worth staying at considering how many people there are. Anyway, y'all can call me K-Star (that's my s/n everywhere that allows hyphens).

TNG is my favorite Trek series, and I absolutely LOVE Data! He is just so awesome! And even though he doesn't understand humor somehow he manages to be one of the funniest characters in the show IMO, mostly because of how naive he can be. Even I'm not that clueless sometimes! But yeah, he's just totally awesome, and my favorite episodes tend to be the ones where Data has the best parts.

Here's a bit of irony for you: When I was younger, I HATED TNG. Dad would watch it all the time and I was so little (it came out in '87, I was born in '88) and it made no sense to me after I grew old enough to actually watch tv. Now, I'm in college, and I can't get enough of it! Too bad I'm usually in class during Spike's reruns and we don't get G4 up here.

8. DizzyMan

DizzyMan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi. I would like to introduce myself.

I'm a 30-year old Trekker from England. I actually come from a village about 5 miles away from Mirfield, where Patrick Stewart is from. I talk quite a lot like him, actually (only like a younger version).

My love is TNG, and also DS9 (season 3 onwards). I have a great respect for TOS, although can't claim to enjoy it anywhere near as much as later versions. When I finally get my hands on the high definition discs, I promise I will watch every single TOS episode, and no doubt enjoy them. For me (a picture quality freak), high def will make them more enjoyable.

Actually, I've never bought any DVDs of anything as I always knew high def would be on its way. (With the exception of TV shows shot on videotape.) I am going to patiently wait for TNG and DS9 to be remastered into high def. (I'm sure I'll have a long wait!) But I just find high definition so much more enjoyable than standard definition.

I have little respect for VOY, although don't get me wrong, I watched every episode and enjoyed many of them. I don't personally consider Enterprise to be part of the Star Trek universe. Although I know it is, really. I just found it very boring, and stopped watching it after the first couple of seasons.

My favourite character is Data (wow, how original!) and my favourite episodes are (probably):

• Yesterday's Enterprise (season 3)
    • Future Imperfect (season 4)
    • Cause and Effect (season 5)
    • Ship in a Bottle (season 6)
    • Frame of Mind (season 6)
    • Tapestry (season 6)
    • Timescape (season 6)
    • Gambit (season 7)
    • All Good Things (season 7)

9. Lowcuteass

Lowcuteass Cadet Newbie

I can't get the site to send me an email with PW since I reformatted. Maybe I'll keep this name anyhow.

10. TheBishop

TheBishop Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi there, a 22-year-old TNG fan from Brighton, England signing in here. I'm glad I found this place. My other interests include Ghostbusters (both the films and the original cartoon series), Monty Python, James Bond, cartoons, and motorsport. I probably won't spend loads of time here but I'm here all the same. :)

11. that1guy

that1guy Commander Red Shirt

Hello fellow trek fans! I'm That1Guy, and I'm 21. I've been a TNG fan for as long as I can remember. As far as my favorite subjects go, I'm pretty into the more technical side. Granted, I'm not the biggest nerd when it comes to that stuff. But I enjoy a good technical read.

My favorite character is easily Data and Q being a close second. I think Data's quest to learn and become as "human" as much as he can is incredibly interesting.

Anyway, hi! I look forward to [strike]arguing[/strike] hanging out with you all! ;)

12. USSGloucester

USSGloucester Cadet Newbie

My name is Dean i live in Gloucester and i'm 19 years old and i've been a fan of TNG since 2000 when i watch it on Sky.

13. sandyevison

sandyevison Cadet Newbie

Hi, all new to me thought i was too old for forums!! i like voyager best. for me it had lots of scope for new encounters. i would have liked to have seen less two arm, two leg aliens and more 'life like but not as we know it' :eek:.

14. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hi, I have enjoyed TNG since the very first episode and of course all The Next Generation movies.

15. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

Welcome to all the new posters in TNG. :)

16. Kurtman

Kurtman Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello fellow Trekkers!

My name is Kim and I'm 17 years old, male and resident in Sweden.
    Last autumn the channel TV6 aired episodes of Star Trek - TNG. I figured that I should try watching it, as I loved the occassionally aired OS episode when I was younger - So I started watching, and I haven't stopped since.

Recently I've aquired some of the games, seen all of the movies and experienced every episode of TNG and DS9.

Favourite TNG Characters are Data, Worf and Picard.

Favourite TNG Episodes include "Time's Arrow", "Ship In A Bottle", "Darmok", "Elementary, Dear Data" and "Brothers".

17. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Commander Red Shirt

Hi I am poundpuppy29 and I am 31 female from Ma USA and I loved TNG I watched it religiously (sp)Data, Deanna, and Worf were my favorites.

18. RustyHicks

RustyHicks Ensign Newbie

Hello, I am new fan to the forum. TNG is my favorite show, I also love TOS as well. My favorite characters are Riker and Crusher. I am a copy writer.
    Fav TNG Episodes: The Naked Now The Best of both worlds Time's arrow, I borg and A new phase :vulcan: :thumbsup:

19. kitsune

kitsune Captain

Greetings,

My first exposure to Star Trek was in grade school. I remember watching TOS reruns with my parents, not realizing that the series had been canceled long ago.

TOS, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise were ok, but there's a special place in my heart for TNG. During the last half of TNG's run, I didn't really have much to look forward to but new TNG episodes.

My favorite TNG characters are Picard, Data, and Ro.

My least-favorite are Wesley, Troi, Dr. Crusher, and Pulaski.

I'm not sure what my favorite episodes are, but BOBW ranks up there. I remember accidentally stumbling upon part 2 for the first time sometime in 1990, after midnight, on a 5" black-and-white TV when I should've been in bed, and it rekindled my interest in Star Trek.

However, I hated just about every episode that involved holodeck malfunctions, telepathy (especially those three or four mental-rape episodes), or the "particle of the week". Real drama cannot be created with technobabble and contrived situations.

20. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

^Are you nuts? Everybody here loves Wesley and Pulaski! :D

welcome :)