Duras Sisters surviving Generations

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Noddy, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Don't know about anyone else here, but I've always kind of wished that Generations had gone with an earlier script, and had Lursa and B'Etor's BoP not destroyed by the Enterprise-D, but also crash-landed on Veridian III, with the sisters surviving.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree but it was a glorious death!!

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe they beamed out into an escape pod. I always got the impression the sisters always had an escape plan in mind for most eventualities--or maybe just one of them escaped and she is planning her revenge as she recovers.

4. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Or they beamed down to Veridian III, and were rescued later.

5. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Possibly, I suspect they had more supporters than just the crew on their BoP. I'd love to see them make some kind of return.

6. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Me too.

7. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

I still like to think that more than half of Generations didn't happen, which would make them kinda alive. Kirk didn't go on a LSD-induced holodeck time trip and didn't senselessly die a second death on a bridge on captain incident, and the mentally-deranged Sauron didn't go switching off stars around the quadrant for completely ridiculous reasons. No. That didn't happen. Never. Lalalalaa, I can't hear you. Didn't happen.

8. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

They would probably try to make a deal with the Dominion. Too bad they died around the time the Federation made contact. :lol:

9. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

I can hear you loud and clear and I feel the same way about Generations.

10. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Me three.

11. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It always felt like a shame to me that they just decided to blow them up like they did. Given the Duras sisters had been a semi-regular menace, and they also had this whole, rich backstory with Worf. But in GENS, they were just treated like generic Klingon bad-guys (or should that be "bad-girls"? ;)). It was regrettable IMO. Would have been much more satisfying if they'd lived to fight another day, especially after Worf moved over to DS9. So many story possibilities lost there...

12. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Yeah, they should have run to the back of the bridge just at the explosion started, beaming themselves onto the Enterprise, disguising themselves as crewmembers, riding the ship through its crash landing, then challenging the heroes one last time amist the rubble in front of fans.

Wait.....

13. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Activate the Omega Thirteen!":rommie:

14. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I loved the massive, TMP effect for the ENT-D's torpedo, with the great shards of light.

15. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

As Sigourney Weaver once said...nobody dies in science fiction. So I can envison the Duras sisters still alive.

16. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Tolkien crossover?

17. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Saw that too, but figured I'd leave it alone. Do we have any other LOTR crossover than Karl Urban?

18. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Benedict Cumberbatch as the voices of the Necromancer and Smaug!

19. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

They were piss-poor villains for a feature film. Good riddance, I say.

20. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

The interesting thing is that we simply don't know what happened to them. The CLAIM that the sisters were killed, but the fact is that we never saw their BoP explode at all! What we saw was actually the explosion of ANOTHER bird of prey, namely the one commanded by General Chang, which was destroyed nearly a century prior! What are they trying to hide? Why are they trying to deceive us? What secrets are they hiding from us, and what is the truth? What could they gain by faking the deaths of the Klingons aboard that ship?