Starship Pegasus

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by erifah, Feb 15, 2011.

1. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Here's a little something I tossed off last night over the course of about an hour: The Starship U.S.S. Pegasus.

She's still very much under development.

She's a bit long, I know. But I was operating under a self-imposed constraint: the major shapes had to fit within 4 identical circles.

I imagine she's another very flat design, even the warp nacelles - I see them having the proportions of a York Peppermint Patty.

[​IMG]

Expect to see some variations that abandon the 4-circle rule. I did a manipulation with the struts & nacelles much closer to the saucer, and it don't look half-bad!

2. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

3. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

4. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Very cool, I really like your designs!

5. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Explore this new development, or be destroyed, Earthman!

6. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

I'm studying this design, and the stuff that reveals itself to me as I draw.

That COULD be a nav deflector dish embedded on the top of the saucer. If it IS, I think I'm going to postulate that the bridge is embedded deep within the saucer, like the CIC on a Battlestar Galactica battlestar.

But I think that dish-looking thingie is actually probably the bridge module, up topside, pushed close to the edge, but NOT the highest point on the saucer, surrounded & topped by other decks and structures.

I don't know for sure, really - I'm just the designer, after all.

7. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I love the nacelles. They'd look badass modeled. A lot of interesting shapes on the saucer too. Can't wait to see more.

8. Birdog

Birdog Commander Red Shirt

Yup, she's flat. :lol:

9. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Here's an update.

I ditched the 4-circle design 'cuz I liked where this one was going. I think she's going to end up as a tall ship. (But I don't know if she's going to be a BIG ship - I am wrestling back and forth as I add details, and the details push the impression of size up and down as I add them.)

And, I went with the "bridge-forward" design.

I purposefully pulled in echos of the Enterprises "A" and "D" to try and ground my sometimes-crazy shapes to some traditional Trek design normalcy.

I don't think she looks bad for 2 evenings of work, about 2 hours, start to finish, invented and developed directly on the computer.

[​IMG]

10. LordSarvain

LordSarvain Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just keeps getting better. Certainly has the look of a taller ship now. So will there be an arch over/behind the bridge? And if so, what goes there?

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks good to me :) :techman:

12. Herkimer Jitty

Great minds think somewhat alike, eh?

I like the return to a tall ship, yet with lots of horizantal bits and bulging curves. Takes us away from the angular late 90s/2000s modern designs, and harks to something more Ferrari Dino-esque. I can't help but feel, though, that the nacelle pylons should be a bit wackier.

13. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That is a sexy ship given the Robert Blackman treatment and strapped in a sexy spatial corset

14. Herkimer Jitty

Whoa, easy there tiger.

15. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

WTF? You want MORE wackiness?!? Baby, PLEASE! I am NOT from Havana!:p

16. BlobVanDam

BlobVanDam Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm loving the shorter secondary hull. The warp pylons are looking great, and I also like the way the saucer sweeps into the body.