World Of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jetfire, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Manticore

Manticore Manticore, A moment ago Account Deleted

They don't; that only comes with the original. :/

2. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

The question is does Rift have long term staying power? Rift may have a lot of ex-WoW players now but will they have close to this many people 6 months from now? a year? for an expansion? Warhammer online remember had close to a million subs too and now they are down to a meagre 2 servers!

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started playing WoW in BC and played steadily until about January this year. I felt like I had finished Cata and everything was annoying me. They nerfed the stuff that was most important to me and the potentially huge waste of time the game was really started to get to me, especially as stuff I had spent weeks grinding became super easy. I know it's a cliche but everything getting easier and easier was just death to me.

But. In the last couple weeks I have been really missing my character. I loved my main and I'm thinking I will just play again for a bit, just mess around making gold and maybe doing the boring-ass arch just so I can hang out in Azeroth on my orc again. It's like if I never play again I never get to see this favorite character.. which of course will be the case the day WoW disappears forever.

And I'm definitely playing the SW game when it comes out. My kid has been playing Star Trek online and much as I love Star Trek that game looks boring as all crap. I never wanted to be a captain and I certainly don't want to play one in a game. Everything about the SW one excites me.

4. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree with you. The lack of difficulty in the game makes it dull and the higher difficulty in the heroics makes it tough to find a group that knows what they're doing. And the group finder tool is obnoxious, especially as a DPSer (my main is a rogue, my alt a ret pally). But I've really been hankering to go back myself after cancelling in February this year. And archaeology is SO boring, with minimal rewards for it.

Star Trek is exactly as boring as it looks and I even gave it another try this February.

Star Wars is going to be fantastic. I think people are vastly underestimating Bioware's ability to make a fun, competitive game. I'm not claiming it's a WoW killer, but I bet it's competitive.

5. teacake

Well I have no intention of paying for two MMO's so it will be a WoW killer for me, for a time at least.

I know Arch is dull but there is a great weapon for DPS Melee you can get.. and I will be able to just tool around visiting old world and chatting in guild, LOL.

I'm going to nag mairbeariepie to play with me, it's kind of fun running someone through stuff.

STO did have a lot of character creation as far as how they look but.. I think the characters have less possible development as they are all captains. No rogues there. Being able to have a really long neck doesn't exactly make up for that. And the whole thing is very monotone, not much color oddly.

6. teacake

Logged on again tonight for the first time since January. My account was frozen. No idea why, couldn't find any notices about it that weren't spam. Everything was there though.

eh.. I think I need someone to play with somene who finds it all exciting again.

I also read up on Rift and watched all the videos. Uhh.. what does this remind me of.. geez. If they have a trial at some point I will have a go at it though having only one race not in WoW is kind of weird.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  7. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Seriously, Rift is WoW. I played the beta and couldn't justify it. If I was getting tired of playing WoW, why would I go play a WoW that looks worse (IMO).

8. teacake

I was amused watching the Rift videos how the developers kept saying excitedly about all these cool things in the game as though they were some great game development and they were all in WoW.

I'm running around Dal right now, can't think of a thing to do. I think I will go for some more RP goals for a while.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I hardly get to play WoW and hopefully will be back on next week. I wish I could upgrade up to CAT. Getting through BC should be enough for the moment...then hopefully WoTLK.

10. teacake

I still love BC best. The zones, the story lines, the hilarious and dramatic gear. I have a bank full of that stuff. You are in for a treat, the dungeons are very colorful and diverse. Lots of humor too.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I got BC today and did a 10 day trial of WoTLK...but DAMMIT!!! I forgot about this new patch...I downloaded the easter stuff earlier and now the patch is downloading. :sigh:

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Patch 4.1. Lamest. content. patch. ever.

13. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't played in a couple months. What's so lame about 4.1?

14. teacake

Is the patch out now??? I returned and then didn't come back again, LOL.

15. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I know it's a remix of a lot of old content (all the old Troll dungeons), I could see some people being annoyed about that.

16. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

the WOW card game is popular here, anyone play?

17. P0sitr0nic

P0sitr0nic Vice Admiral Admiral

I still play WOW. For me its a socially fun thing.

18. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

The new ZG is quite different than the original version, but ZA is about 85% the same. It's still fun though, IMO.

19. teacake

Someone told me all the BC rep is nerfed but a 2 second search hasn't given me any facts.

If that's the case I will probably devote my WoW life to crashing the AH or something equally meaningless.

20. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

What's this about BC rep getting nerfed?