Angel: Cordelia's Tramp Stamp

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mal, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

In 2x20 Over the Rainbow, when Angel & Co. cross over to Pylea, the book is left behind - Wesley guesses that it might only exist in our dimension.

Is the same true for Cordy's tramp stamp, because it's missing in 2x21 Through the Looking Glass?

compare:

[​IMG]

with:

[​IMG]

2. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think they did what they did with Angelina Jolie and Megan Fox's tattoos, at least the ones that they didn't say the character really has... put make up over it

Although did she always have her tramp stamp and the wrist tats when she was doing Angel or is that a later addition? I don't recall ever seeing any tattoos on her in Angel or Veronica Mars and she was in a bikini during most of her time on Veronica Mars

3. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

I think remember hearing in a commentary (first season I think) where they accidentally showed Carpenter's tattoo. So, I'm assuming that Cordelia was not supposed to have the tattoo.

4. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Which is kinda interesting... why all these young actresses feel the need to tattoo themselves up and yet when they actually get jobs... they're forced to cover them up. You think they'd almost try harder NOT to get tattooed, so they can get work. I mean I suppose the tramp stamp is easy to cover up, but the wrist tattoo isn't. or hell even Megan Fox's stupid ass Marilyn Monroe tattoo on her forearm. I have to admit, that really looks ugly... at least Cordy's are somewhat more stealthy, of course why NOT let Cordy have it? I mean, it would have fit her character.

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

In the Angel ep Season 4 ep "Orpheus", at one point you can see Alyson Hannigan's tramp stamp. Which doesn't seem like the sort of thing Willow would have
    Maybe she and Tara were feeling rebellious one day?

For the record I personally hate seeing those tatoo's on women. They look horrible to me. What's it even supposed to mean, a way of saying "Look at me, I take it up the arse"?

6. Michael Chris

"There was just a shot where you got a brief glimpse of the tattoo on Charisma's lower back. This was edited as much as we could, I believe, so that you couldn't see it. Because it was generally felt that that would not be something that Cordelia would have, would be that tattoo. So it's generally hidden, every now and then you get a glimpse of it." - Jane Espenson on the commentary for Rm w/a Vu (Time Code on R1 DVD: 35:37 - 38:00).

- Michael, bored transcriber.

7. Michael Chris

And seriously, how fast is google? I did a google search to see if anyone else had transcribed it. It came up with that post I made less than five minutes before.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well that would certainly cut down on guesswork if that's what you're into. :lol:

9. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Not a fan of 'em, either, but seems to me that just about every woman in my age group has a tatt somewhere on their body.

Of course, I will always remember one girl in particular, she had her own name tatt'ed in three inch high letters & multi-colored from one hip to the other above her ass. When I asked her why she'd have her own name tatt'ed, she said, "So you can remember which name to call out when you're fucking me."

:eek: :wtf: :eek:

10. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I've got nothing against anal sex btw, just I don't think it's amazing to around advertising you do it or at least love it from behind.

And what's it meant to be for? So the guy banging you from behind can look at it while he's doing you?
    How does that work? The guy is thinking "yeah, yeah, fuck yeah, this is awesome. whoo!... yeah... actually this a bit boring... oooh what's this on here. A tattoo? Ah this will keep be entertained until I cum. Hmm, just some random meaningless squiggles, or something in Japanese. Wonder what it means? How interesting"

It might make be an ass, but I'd think less of a girl I liked and got to know and then found out she had one.

For me, I like naked female flesh, ideally I don't want it covered by some permament crappy scrawling. Maybe I just like girls to look "innocent" :devil: :D

11. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    I'm not a huge fan of those tatoos but at least they're more feminine than some of the otherwise attractive women I know with full sleeves. There's one woman in particular, a good friend of mine, as sweet as can be, that has these weird, hideous circles all over her arm. I don't know if they're supposed to be alien heads or what.

Weird, because I'd think it might be something Cordelia would have. Maybe not but it's not totally out of character.

As for Willow, I certainly wouldn't expect to see any tatoos on Willow during Seasons 1-4. But after that, I could see her & Tara getting really crazy in some kind of stereotypical lesbian rebellion. More likely though, it would have been Kennedy's idea.

As for the other ladies on the show:
    Buffy- I don't think so. If she did, I think an episode would have outright mentioned it.
    Anya- No, unless that's what she thought Xander wanted.
    Dawn- I think she'd want one but I can't see Buffy or Joyce letting her get one.
    Jenny Calendar- I hope so! :drool: (Anything to make her seem kinkier.)
    Faith- Pretty much a requirement.
    Fred- No way.
    Eve- She seems like the type. After all, she went to UC-Santa Cruz.
    Darla, Drusilla, Lilah- Sure. Why not?

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting posting over at snopes.com on this subject:

Link

13. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

I don't mind them, but then I am a fan of tattoos in general. I will admit that the tramp stamp has become a bit too common and meaningless (the female equivalent of tribal armbands on men.) As for the "I do anal" connection, I don't get that. I think the thought process for most (young) men is more generic, something like this:

1. She has a tattoo.
    2. Good girls don't get tattoos.
    3. She must be a bad girl.
    5. Bad girls often make bad decisions.
    6. Maybe she will make a bad decision with me.

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Maybe they just get them because they think they look cool and there's no more to it than that ?

It's her body, she can do what she likes with it.

15. Mal

Mal Commodore Commodore

here's Cordy in S3 (back from Pylea) with her tat:

[​IMG]

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was watching S3 recently and I'm not sure there's an episode where you can't see it; it's constantly on display and I don't mean little slips either.

17. PluckyNinja

PluckyNinja Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've recently started re watching Angel from start to finish. Mid season two right now and I've seen the tat maybe half a dozen times. Theres no way they are even trying to cover it.

18. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I tend to agree except for Cordy. When i saw the magazine spread years ago I thought no way the Cordy of BTVS reminded me of the cheerleaders of Bring It On. Even if she wanted one she would not do it because if fashion changed there was no going back. The Cordy who failed in her childhood dreams and who went to work with Angel, yes they fit her.

19. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You guys care about an obscure actress' tramp stamp? :lol:

20. Chekov's Phaser

Chekov's Phaser Waiting to be relevant. Fleet Captain

I just recently re-watched Angel, and I remember seeing it by season 2 or so. Don't really remember them trying to cover it up.

You realize this is the internet?