Favorite Star Trek Series/Show.

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by CmndrSela318, Jun 11, 2010.

?

Favorite Trek Series.

1. Star Trek

26.5%
  2. Animated Star Trek

0.7%
  3. Star Trek: The Next Generation

21.1%
  4. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

38.8%
  5. Star Trek: Voyager

6.8%
  6. Star Trek: Enterprise

6.1%
  1. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

1.DS9
    2TOS
    3TNG
    4VOY
    5 ENT

2. whatamacallit

whatamacallit Ensign Newbie

OMG, it's difficult for me to choose one the best ST series. I love TOS as much as TNG, I love TNG as much as DS9. I haven't watched VGR and I've seen only 1st season of ENT.
    What I can say - ENT was a little bit worse than other series which I'd watched.
    TOS is classic, it's special, other, it's got a spirit and I can't look at this in the same way as I look at TNG or DS9. I love TOS - this series made me Trekkie.
    TNG and DS9 are great and I can't tell which is better.

3. Gul Re'jal

Gul Re'jal Commodore Commodore

Gul Re'jal is suspecting she's on the wrong space
    You have the same problem with TNG and DS9 as me, whatamacallit. I love both of these. TOS has its special charm and special place in my heart.

I liked Voy too. I didn't like ENT at all. The only good thing they did was developing Andorians :)

4. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I like all of the Star Trek universe, and all of the shows have their plus points, but if I had to rank them:

1)Deep Space Nine: Great characters, storylines, recurring cast, everything you could want.
    2) The Original Series: Iconic characters, entertaining and action packed SF parables.
    3) The Next Generation: Some of the most 'hard SF' storytelling in the whole saga. Very intelligent scripts.
    4) Voyager: Always entertaining, action packed, good cast. I like it a lot more than most people here do.
    5) Enterprise: Had a slow start, but seasons 3 and 4 were very good.
    6) The Animated Series: The actual animation has dated badly, but the stories are very smart for a 1970s cartoon series, and some may have worked on TOS.

5. skylark14

skylark14 Lieutenant Red Shirt

TOS (the beating heart of all Trek in my opinion)
    DS9 (loved these characters but the story arcs got a little too long and convoluted for me sometimes)
    VOY (liked a lot of what I saw though I missed many of these episodes)
    TNG (never could develop a real bond for any of the characters here though some of the concepts were thought provoking - made me wish I could have seen them carried out by the original crew)
    ENT (though I've only seen a minority of episodes so that might change - I originally loved the concept)

6. Roberta Lincoln

Roberta Lincoln Commander Red Shirt

TOS for me

DS9 for my father

But I will watch any of 'em!

7. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

1.TNG
    2.TOS
    3.DS9
    4.VOY
    5.ENT

8. Eddie Roth

Eddie Roth Commodore Commodore

I will never be able to answer these questions in a way that would hold up over time. I love them all, in their own way, and I've recently noticed again how I cycle through the shows in phases. Last year, around the time of STXI's release, I wouldn't have let any non-TOS Trek into my DVD player.

Now, I have stocked up my collection considerably and like to watch episodes across all series, but I find myself gravitating towards TNG and VGR mostly. Somehow I have no desire to watch DS9 whereas I'm discovering a lot of gems in VGR that I had previously overlooked, apparently. Which is why I've given my vote to VGR this time, if only so that it gets some support. Right now, it's my favorite, but that'll change again. Historically, my #1 remains TOS.

9. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't it unfair to mention TAS as a different show? I mean, I know it is, but the show itself pretty much follows TOS, and DC Fontana herself considers it "the fourth year'. Even if thats not the case (for me it is, but others might disagree), it still should be as the "unofficial" fourth season, as it has the same characters and actors to do the voices.

I know many will disagree, but thats what I think, IMO.

10. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

It is a little unfair to poor ol' TAS isnt it? Either it should be included with TOS, as its fourth and fifth years, or just omitted for the purposes of this poll. I consider TAS canon (it was on screen, I saw it happen. And its a lot more true to the spirit of TOS than some of the spin offs, and even some of the TOS era movies. I mean, if we go by Roddenberry's word, TOS, TAS, and STV and VI are non canon too). As Picard might say 'THERE ARE. SIX SERIES. AND ELEVEN MOVIES!' :P

The animation may have dated a lot, but the stories are mostly good and may have worked on its live action parent.

11. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

TNG and DS9 for me. Voyager was good, but TOS and Enterprise were weak.

12. Elzie

Elzie Lieutenant Red Shirt

1. TOS
    2. (very closely behind) TNG
    3. DS9 (although I haven't seen much)

It's hard to continue the list much; my VOY experience is neither positive nor negative, I've never cared about TAS much, and have seen...2 episodes of ENT

I have a DVD set called something like 'Mirror Universes and...'can't remember. Anyway, I decided to watch even the ENT episodes, though I did leave them last. I had been watching this one ep for...maybe five minutes, when the disc went crazy and I had to stop watching. I tried to clean the disc and try again but it didn't work.
    Destiny, perhaps?

13. ambessalion

ambessalion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

wow....i almost completely disagree with u....

TNG is best, wholeheartedly agree there....but everything else....no

DS9....conflict, the Israel thing....jadzia (nuf said)
    TOS....miniskirts, klingons, kirk, spock, "i'm not a doctor...."
    VOY.....Seven, Hirogen, the Doc, etc...
    ENT....the 4th season was the best (and from what i've read the 5th would have been even better, but by then the damage was done and too little to late)

can't rank TAS since i haven't seen it

14. Sam_I_Am

Sam_I_Am Captain Captain

Deep Space Nine is the best concept, has the best stories and is the most complex, but TNG is the most 'comfortable' show for me, and I'm more familiar with the crew.

I voted for DS9 all the same.

15. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Commander

I have the same problem, except including Next Gen :D

Sorry, I just like them all. They all have their good episodes.

16. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My favorite Trek Series:

1. The Next Generation
    2. Voyager
    3. Deep Space Nine

17. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Up from the deep blue depths, huh?

DS9 #1, followed somewhat closely by TOS. Then more distantly by TNG - hasn't aged well - and even more distantly by ENT and then VOY. ENT gets the edge because it had one good season which is more than VOY can say.

Sorry TAS, never watched ya.

18. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

DS9
    TNG (closely behind)
    TOS
    ENT

Going for a run...
    napping...
    watching almost anything else...
    TAS
    watching paint dry...

VOY

19. Maxillius

Maxillius Commander Red Shirt

DS9. Not for the plots. Not for character development. But because as badass as Sisko is, Kira is more so. But not that. DS9's computer and red alert sound.

Yeah, I'm weird. :cardie:

20. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice poll results!