Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I'm not suggesting he make a personal appearance, or even referred to by name--because they don't even know he exists yet--but if a guy croaks after he gets shanked by the "sceptre of death" then comes back to life...well that seems just too good for a writer to pass up! It's entirely possible to work this angle while keeping the characters mostly in the dark and simultaneously tease the audience for 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.

Maybe that thing sent his "soul" to Niflheim (or is it Helheim?) and Thor had to get him back? Maybe the memories were so traumatic they had to be suppressed hence the Tahiti related post-hypnotic suggestion/conditioned response he keeps parroting.

Or maybe it's like that glove in Torchwood (I know, not the best example) or maybe he's being sustained by some "magic" like say the tesseract...you know, the thing that powered the sceptre he was stabbed with? ;)

Small aside, but didn't the Chitauri all drop dead the second their connection to Thanos was lost...? I forget if it happened when the nuke took out that mothership/space station or when the wormhole closed.

Oh and Agent Ward is neither Batman nor Bond. He's clearly more of a Jason Bourne type (pre-memory loss.) :p

Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I hope they do some kind of indirect tie-in to every movie that comes out. Not necessarily having movie characters guest-star, but dealing with the destructive aftermath of the movie and doing some kind of foreshadowing to the movie's events.

3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fury also called the Helicarrier a boat which whilst it technically is, he said it whilst they were flying.

4. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

They're definitely working an angle about that in some way, since there was that line about "he must never know" when the subject of him having been in Tahiti to recover comes up - I'm guessing at the very least it was more complicated than being in Tahiti, and maybe he's not the original Coulson.

Just so long as it doesn't involve a song about him having been pulled out of heaven.

5. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given that the Cinema'Verse is playing the Asgardians as a highly advanced ET species, journeys to Niflheim, Hel and Valhalla as depicted in the comics would seem to be ruled out.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^That's why I put the word soul in "quotation marks." ;)

Indeed, for all we know that place Loki kept communicating with may have been one of the two underworlds as I do recall something that looked like a dark version of the yggdrasil nebula being in the back ground. Remember that the last time we saw Loki he was falling to his apparent death from the bifrost. Where else would dead, fallen Asgardians/Frost Giants end up? In top of that it *is* the home of the Marvel version of death incarnate, no?

Of course that would mean that the plot of Avengers was really about an undead villain opening a gateway to hell and unleashing it's hordes upon the Earth...which is totally not something Joss Whedon has ever done before. ;)

7. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Synopsis for 1.05, "The Girl In The Flower Dress"...

While the description says "Asia", the episode is supposedly introducing an obscure Savage Land character from the comics named "Raina". (Unless this another "Mike Peterson" situation where they just happened latch on to a similar name.)

I would love to see the Savage Land brought to life. I wonder how expensive it would be to do an episode filled with dinosaurs?

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Isn't the Savage Land an X-men thing? That's what I thought at least but I guess not of they're allowed to use it on this show.

9. Turtletrekker

The Savage Land and Ka-Zar (At least the modern version of the character) were introduced in X-Men 10, but I'd call it less of an "X-Men thing" and much more of a "Marvel thing". I doubt it would have included with the X-Men franchise rights.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I wonder if a visit to Asia means that Chloe Bennet will get a chance to speak Mandarin.

11. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Whoa, whoa, whoa slow down there guys.
    I was just playing along with LaxScrutiny, seems it was taken way, way too serious by a few of you.

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Synopsis for 1.06. "The New Adventures of Old Lola"

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Cabin in the Woods.

Specific genres rely on the inclusion of specific archetypes.

I want Julia to play Madame Hydra, when she had to wear that angry octopus on her head as a wig to stay living and breathing.

(Emily Rutherford next please.)

14. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Sorry, I meant the generic/indefinite "you," as in the less pretentious version of "one." Nothing personal was intended.

15. Guy Gardener

I create more enemies that way...

It's like when they were inventing English, that this odd flaw is a pomposity valve that attracts unnaturally angry persons to punch (indefinitely) you in the face.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

17. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The pomposity valve gets shut by using "we" instead of "one".

18. Guy Gardener

"Punch "we" in the face"?

19. Turtletrekker

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm curious if we will start to get any direct tie ins as we get closer to the movies. If they are going to do that for any of them, I'm thinking CA: The Winter Soldier is the most likely one to do since it's going to be very S.H.I.E.L.D. heavy. I think pretty much all of the main characters in it are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.