General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

So, it's a time honored tradition because every guy who has one (mostly heels) chosen the moment when the Champion is weakest to cash it in? Like, they're supposed to "backstab" the Champion.

I don't know how Cena's actions in this are in any doubt. DBD was quite clear after he won it that it was a 'tainted victory' and an 'easy way out' to prey upon the weakened Champion. Course he also declared that 'real men have beards' so, take that for what it's worth.

The point is: for years now Cena has been presented as the boy scout who will never so much as bend the rules as it's below him (and the WWE UniverseTM) to do so.

2. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought that as well. I don't like all the blue. I'm assuming this is just to tease us for the big reveal (hopefully next Monday).

Chris Jericho is not scheduled for any matches post Summer Slam. I believe this was already known though for quite some time.

I also had no idea that CM Punk and Lita were dating. Good for them.

Also TNA has locked up Austin Aries long term reportedly.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  4. Satyrquaze

That's a shame. It would have been nice to seem him working with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

Remember how in late 2009 we were all muttering in the general direction of WWE creative not to fuck it up with Bryan Danielson?

Seems like only yesterday.

5. Mr Silver

Ohhh, there is still plenty of time... ;)

6. Satyrquaze

^ Always expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed.

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Has there been any talk about the Star of Raw for what feels like a decade coming back for the 1000th episode. I keep hearing that WWE is pulling out all the stops, yet I have yet to hear anything on Stone Cold Steve Austin returning for the show this week. I'm almost expecting a surprise (Or maybe a late announcement making him permanent General Manager?) but I'm just thinking you can't have a Raw special without having the guy who made Raw almost what it is today on the show.

Bringing the Undertaker back post wrestlemania though is interesting.

8. Satyrquaze

Yeah, now that you mention it, I could see them sneaking him in as the permanant GM.

9. Admiral_Young

I wouldn't be surprised if Stone Cold was saved as a surprise. He was just announced as a playable character in WWE '13 so maybe they'll bring him out to promote the game or something.

Stephanie McMahon also hinted that she would be at the 1000th episode of Raw, speaking of people who could squeak in as a new permanent GM. Although I don't think Steph has a desire for an on camera role right now.

10. Admiral_Young

Not very much news going on right now it seems, even prior to the big 1000th episode of Raw on Monday. Bret Hart talks about his current relationship with WWE and about potential future roles with the company. It sounds as if things are cordial right now between them and that Bret is open to hearing anything they pitch him.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/quicknews/article_63508.shtml

Potential huge Summer Slam matches...

http://www.pwmania.com/artman/rumored-wwe-summerslam-matches-three-hour-raw-issues-more#.UAmKGqDN2Q4

Also I keep seeing rumors that Undertaker will return on Monday, and that Vince is planning some kind of major new angle that will be revealed at the end of the night. PM Mania reports that it will be similar to the Nexus/Punk type angles. (My heart is shouting n.W.o but my brain is saying be realistic!!! LOL)

I wonder if Shane will appear? I seriously doubt it, but I'd mark out huge for him if he did! LOL

Finally...speaking of the New World Order...a documentary retrospective DVD is in the works for this fall.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/258231-synopsis-revealed-for-upcoming-new-world-order-wwe-dvd

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  11. Mr Silver

I'd be extremely surprised if Shane McMahon is able to make an appearance considering his YOU On Demand commitments, then again Shane is the CEO and Chairman so he could easily justify making an appearance on WWE TV as being cross-promotional.

I wonder if Taker has grown his hair back? Perhaps he's decided to stick with the shaven look, a common thing that men with receding hairlines do - shave it all off before it falls out. Steve Austin and Kurt Angle have both done this and came away looking more badass, in fact in their cases the shaven head look is career defining. One would think that with their salaries that they could have easily undergone high quality hair replacement.

12. Admiral_Young

It was nice to see Rey back last night. I watched a bit of Smackdown. I maybe way off here but it occurred to me who Dolph Ziggler reminds me of now, especially with his current Show Off gimmick. He reminds me of "Mr Ass" Billy Gunn. The only real difference is of course is Dolph is getting a push right now and is quite talented (yes he's grown on me). Anyway that thought popped into my head watching the main event last night.

Is anyone excited for 1000th on Monday? I know I have expressed disinterest and disappointment over the last several months, but I gotta be honest...I'm really excited for Monday. Probably for the first time since Money in the Bank last year.

13. Mr Silver

I'm 50/50, on one hand the enthusiasm coming from insiders regarding the pomp and circumstance planned for the show is reassuring that big things will go down.

OTOH, The third hour (which becomes regular from now on) is going to include more social networking media - which could be a good part of the show if it's geared towards fans choosing matches or whatever, but I don't really know whether such a thing is likely. After all, this is the company that insists on cutting away to meaningless replays of B segments from the previous episode of Raw just to make a "quick buck" (as you Americans say) from sponsors.

"The Raw Rewind brought to you by INSERT CORPORATION"

14. Admiral_Young

That still bothers the heck out of me. I understand why they're doing it, and they aren't they only ones doing it, but it's tremendously annoying. We know it's probably going to be trending the entire night...and certain things will be trending number one, don't have to flash a graphic telling us this all the damn time!

15. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

The only thing I'm interested in for Monday is the title match. If that thing about a Nexus style thingummy cropping up is true though, you can bet we won't get a clean finish. I don't really need it while TNA has the Aces and Eights. What I'm really dreading is the parade of has beens. HHH and HBK, Rock, Undertaker. The only reason I'd want to see any of them is to get beaten by Heath Slater.

16. Admiral_Young

Just saw the new Raw logo...not too bad. Looking forward to tonight...probably am going to be pissed off, but oh well lol.

17. tomalak301

If they're changing the logo, can they change the theme song too? I mean I'm one of the select few that doesn't have a problem with Nickelback, but this theme has been a part of Raw for god knows how long. I think it might be the longest time any theme has been a part of Raw in the 1000 episodes they've had.

18. Mr Silver

The Nickleback song is something I associate with Michael Cole. Perhaps it's because WWE promises so much with the excitement suggested in the Nickleback song and then such intensity is quelled when Michael Cole chimes in with "we'll find out when we return..." - cue 10 minutes of terrible adverts.

19. Admiral_Young

According to wikipedia's entry for "Burn it to the Ground" it has served as the Raw theme song since November 2009. The song debuted in January. I wouldn't mind a change of theme songs for both shows.

20. tomalak301

I read that too. It feels like it's been a lot longer.