General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

One year ago WWE had one of the hottest angles/story lines when CM Punk threatened to leave the company when his contract expired as the WWE Champion if he beat John Cena at Money in the Bank. Interest in this storyline was immense as fans every where were questioning if this was a gimmick or real. In reality it was really an awesome way of repackaging CM Punk into an anti-hero type character after his boring heel character had basically run it's course. He and John Cena had one of the best matches fans have seen in a very long time. The crowd was in a frenzy and electric

One year later and all that interest and momentum has been lost, but CM Punk has remained one of the most popular WWE Champions in recent history and served as the longest reigning champion in recent history as well. Is anyone really that excited for Money in the Bank 2012 this year? Can we expect a title change as significant as the one from last year? I frankly don't think so the way the booking as basically gone since last year. So since I'm bored, here are my picks for the known matches so far, keep in mind I haven't been able to watch Raw or Smackdown recently so I might be a bit off:

Pre-Show (Once again the WWE Tag Team Titles are not being defended on a PPV). Kofi Kingston and R-Truth Vs Hunico and Camacho (Non title match I guess)

Winners: Kingston and R-Truth

Big Show Vs Kane Vs Chris Jericho Vs John Cena (Money in the Bank Ladder Match for a WWE Championship contract)

Winner: The Jericholoic in me wants to pick Jericho, but I think Cena is gonig to win this. He's been out of the championship picture for much longer than I originally thought.

Damien Sandow (Who?) Vs Tyson Kidd Vs Christian Vs Santino Marella Vs Tensai Vs Cody Rhodes (Money in the Bank Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship contract)

Winner: This could be a Jack Swagger type situation here...maybe Tyson Kidd? I'd like to see Cody win this.

Sheamus (c) Vs Alberto Del Rio (World Heavyweight Championship)

Winner: Sheamus

CM Punk (c) Vs Daniel Bryan (Money in the Bank Ladder Match for the WWE Championship With AJ as special guest referee)

Winner: CM Punk. I'm actually nervous about this match LOL. I could see it going either way. I doubt they'll take the title off Punk though with two weeks to go before episode 1000. Oh and AJ will have some kind of significant impact in this match as well.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

IMO, the most entertaining new heel in WWE in ages. He was promoted from FCW to Smackdown a few months ago which would be why you haven't heard of him.

He's basically doing a modern-day version of Lanny Poffo's "Genius" schtick but does so really well. Hasn't been in any matches against non-jobbers yet, but at initial glance appears to be decent in the ring (I didn't follow his early career so I have no clue how he performs in the ring).

3. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

Batista's first MMA fight confirmed.

This should be a laugh, considering Batista is at least 43 years old (his DOB is a matter of dispute, some say 1969, others say 1966) and going against a guy who is 10 years younger than him with four fights (3-1-0) to his name!

I sense the possibility of a WWE comeback as early as Royal Rumble!

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I find it interesting that when I watch Raw now, the most interesting character is a WWE Diva, AJ. Everything about her right now is interesting and I hope they do her right in Money in the Bank. I'm also hoping this kind of changes the Diva division and the writers realize they don't have to write the whole "Sex Sells" thing for the divas to make them interesting. A little bit of that can go a long way, just make sure the stories are right. Kharma proved this too when she was in storylines.

5. Admiral_Young

6. Mr Silver

My MITB Predictions:

World Heavyweight Championship Contract MITB ladder match - Dolph Ziggler

WWE Championship Contract MITB ladder match - The "5th man"

WWE Championship - Daniel Bryan (new WWE Champion)

World Heavyweight Championship - Sheamus (retains WHC)

The man WWE can't trademark (Ryback) - will defeat two jobbers or a low/mid carder

I'm making some out of the box picks purely because I think WWE is aiming for a night of swerves.

7. Admiral_Young

Dolph Ziggler won, John Cena won (Admiral M) the prediction you made earlier looks like it could become a reality. CM Punk retained his WWE Title and AJ looks like she wasn't a major factor in this match. I think Cena and Ziggler are new champions by the end of the summer time.

8. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh, it seemed that every match from start to finish had the wrong guy jobbing... with the possible exception of Dolph Ziggler.

9. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoyed mitb ppv. The one complaint I have is that they made thw tag team champion ship a dark match. What the hell it's like the don't care about the tag teams any more. I thought brining in the miz was great.

10. Mr Silver

I was surprised at how different Miz looks - in a good way. His new look actually gives him a hell of a lot of presence! Now all that's left to do is change his theme music, put him in a couple of programs with top level talent who excel at getting their opponents over as much as themselves and he could easily be WWE Champion by the end of the year.

11. Admiral_Young

Maybe he's finally gotten his act together...that was a nice surprise to see him back. I have my cable situation finally resolved, so I can now once again watch Raw!!!

Edit: Maybe after Raw, Cena will become WWE Champion at the end of the 1000th episode. Punk will be presented with the new WWE Title by Triple H or Mr. McMahon, then Cena will come out with his briefcase and cash it in and they'll have the match. Cena and Punk "grapple" for a few minutes before we get a couple of false finishes and then Cena maybe counters a GTS and puts on the STF....or is able to get an Attitude Adjustment on Punk which stuns him enough to get the win...boom...newwwwwwwww WWE Champion John Cena, fans go nuts and we get Angry Cena Girl ;)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  12. Satyrquaze

"If Cena wins I riot."

13. Admiral_Young

Pretty much how I feel as well...I know I will go back to not watching...but it does look like Admiral M's onto something with his prediction.

14. Mr Silver

Even though it sucks mega ass, I can't think of any financial reason why John Cena shouldn't win the WWE Championship next week and then be immediately challenged by The Rock for a title match at Summerslam.

Cena/Rock II can only add to the buy-rate. I just hope WWE doesn't abandon CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in favour of another mega Cena reign.

15. Sheep

Jericho as a pseudo-face against Dolph "OMG they're finally pushing me" Ziggler?? Yes, please.

Teasing an AJ/Miz alliance, hopefully with the Miz interrupting the AJ/Bryan wedding and making his way back to TV in time to push his new movie? Yes, please.

Ryback beating Swagger? Well I guess you can't win them all.

16. Satyrquaze

That just tells me that they might just continue to have Jericho continue to lose when it matters. No, thank you.

Ziggler may be a heel, but nothing he said last night is false.

17. Admiral_Young

^ I agree with this regarding the Jericho thing. AJ/Miz has tons of possibilities. The Awesome One and the Crazy One :) I still maintain that I have no interest in seeing Rock Vs Cena for a WWE Championship. It was the one thing I was against when it was originally announced and if they do it again and it actually happens...I'll be upset.

18. Sheep

I'm okay with Jericho losing to Ziggler as long as the feud is entertaining. Pitting Ziggler against Jericho is just about the best (realistic) thing the WWE could have done since both guys can work in the ring and deliver great interviews. This is a great opportunity to elevate Ziggler while giving Jericho his mojo back even if he loses.

19. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think cm punk will retain his title. Johnis all ready screwing up the MITB by not back stabbing someone. I mean every winner of the MITB has screwed who the current champion was.
    And what is with the miz's new out fit I mean really.

20. Admiral_Young