Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I caught the trailer. I really liked it. It does seem considerably darker and more mature than the Raimi films, but I think that's a great approach. It also looks like they are trying to find a different conduit into the origins by exploring Peter's actual parents. I think that's a cool and different approach, and plus, you can't go wrong with Campbell Scott.

Honestly, the POV swinging sequence definitely felt like it could have come from the opening title sequence of Panic Room. The cinematography has these muted, dark colors that definitely seem reminiscent of Fincher. It's weird because I wasn't expecting the film to have this tone. I was judging from (500) Days of Summer, Marc Webb's debut, which was a pretty bright and relatively light-hearted film with some serious moments. The Amazing Spider-Man looks and feels completely different, though.

I'm on-board.

2. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if the POV sequence was shot specifically for this trailer. The original Spidey movie has the big, elaborate bank heist with the helicopter for it's teaser, and this also looks like something that could have been thrown together fairly easily.

You'd just need a free runner in a costume and some creative camera moves.

3. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The POV webswing has been compared ALOT to a video game's graphics. Specifically "Mirrors Edge"

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

again, it reminds me of Strange Days, and scenes like this (warning, foul language and violence):
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9EFw3yPhmc&feature=related[/yt]

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope the POV sequence was created specifically for the trailer. The CGI was pretty bad. Even though I'm well aware the film is more than a year away from release and the CGI will look considerably better in a year. It just seems like it was recently created.

6. davejames

I'm starting to wonder now how they're going to fit The Lizard into this gritty, realistic world. It wouldn't be that hard to buy him in one of Raimi's colorful, comic booky movies, but in this one?

Heck, even having a guy swinging around the city in a red and blue costume seems like kind of a stretch.

7. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

This didn't look like a "gritty, realistic world" to me. It did, however, look like a low-quality, dark bootleg of a trailer.

8. davejames

Well I was definitely getting a slight indie movie feel from some of those shots, like the one of him by the shipyards. And the general tone certainly didn't seem all that comic booky.

9. Samurai8472

10. davejames

Ha ha. I like the new costume, but that is one shitty looking action figure.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Looks okay to me. I think it's one of those action figures that's actually supposed to be, ya know, played with. :eek:

12. Python Trek

Python Trek Commodore Commodore

West Consin, People's Republic of America
    I'm prolly in the minority on this (I often am, come to think of it), but my favorite aspect of super-hero lore is the origin story. Typically, after a slam-bang origin issue or movie, it's all downhill from there. And in the case of Spidey, he has the best origin in comics history, IMO.

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The producers are playing up the concept that this is a more "gritty realistic" movie in the current issue of Ent. Wkly.

14. Samurai8472

Trailer Officially Online

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJQS16dGk0w[/YT]

15. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

coooooooooooool....

16. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Wow, that was pretty cool.

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

That first-person sequence is going to look amazing in 3D (once they polish up the CGI).

18. Samurai8472

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That looks awsome! That (and Avengers) was easily one of the best first trailers I have seen in quite a while. Next year is going to be an amazing year for geek movie fans!

20. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Two words: DNA Recombination.