Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Eh. I got my copy of ME3 from Amazon, but no matter how much I might hate the ending, I loved the rest of the game too much to want to send it back.

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I hate the ending too, but there's still plenty of game there to enjoy. I'd only return a game if it was unplayable. Same for any entertainment media really. If a book's binding falls to pieces after a few day, or if a DVD won't play, or arrives damaged then yes, I'd take it back. But never because I didn't enjoy the story. Hell, I have a small stack of DVDs I wish I'd never bothered with, but that's my own damn fault.

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Heard about that. Wonder how many people will send it back?

I know I won't be because even if I hate the ending, I've enjoyed up to where I am currently.

5. superdeluxe

Apparently EA is offering refunds for customers in the UK from Origin, if they claim False Advertising, folks on BSN are trying to find out if it applies to the US as well:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/10302791/1

This is huge, basically it would admit that EA/Bioware knew the game had a potential to be false advertising and trying to stave off a lawsuit?

6. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I was very tempted to try to get my money back, even though I bought retail.

Decided not to. Fact remains that I enjoyed the hell out of it until the last ten minutes. I suppose I'll just have to settle for not doing business with Bioware again.

7. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Bioware worked on Jessica Chobot's likeness for a character who is not even slightly essential to the game. They put more work into her character than they did for Tali. Bosh'tets.

8. superdeluxe

Yup, holding onto my copy for the *slight* hope that we get a endings DLC. I've stuck with Sheppard for 5 years, I can wait another year to see if we get some closure.

9. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

10. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

From the comments I wouldn't expect much their busy clinging to critic reviews (which don't mean jack if the customer base doesn't give you money becuase they think it sucks) and are being defenseive about it.

Seriously is it that hard to consider that they screwed up.

11. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They don't owe us anything. They made a great game that we bought, enjoyed the hell out of, and in some cases didn't like the ending.

12. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

^ It's more than in some cases, and given how important Fan feedback has been in the development of the games for something as important as the conclusion of the trilogy, I think it's perfectly acceptable for people to sound their opinion.

It would be different if the endings weren't all variations on the same theme, but they are.

13. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Geoff Keighley's The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3 is now available for PC/Mac and Amazon Kindle (iPad version was the first to come out). I have yet to start reading the content about ME3 itself, but I am really enjoying reading about the early days of the universe, how big a gamble it was for BioWare at the time, and how the team came together to hash out story ideas.

14. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've read the Final Hours story; unfortunately I thought the ME3 coverage was a bit shallow. It covered the what, but it didn't seem to go that deep into the why.

15. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've just started a third run through the whole series, this time with a hardass, attitudinal FemShep...who I made to look like a certain similar female soldier I went through Afghanistan with.

16. Hartzilla2007

Quick question

I hear that if you do the Galaxy at War on the PC it will raise the Galactic Readiness Level on the Xbox as well and vice versa. Does this work for the PS3 as well?

17. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure it's linked to your origin or xbox account, so there's probably no crossover between the two.

18. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's linked to your Origin account, which is why there's crossover between PC and Xbox - even if you're on 360 EA makes you have one to play. It should cross over with PS3 as well.

19. Hartzilla2007

Well I hope so becuase then I can basically just use multiplayer on the PS3 which I do better on and reap the benefits on both the PC version which I can carry over stuff from both ME and ME 2 on and the PS3 version.

20. Hartzilla2007

I just noticed something , On the PS3 version I loaded a save from ME 2 that had Mass Effect: Genesis to cover ME and apparently despite meeting her during Garrus' recruitment mission in Mass Effect aparently My Shepard has never met Dr. Michel before Mass Effect 3 weird.