Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He also had a minor role in the John Wayne film Big Jake.

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the PETA episode.

3. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I was able to watch it yesterday after seeing your post, Forbin. I thought it was a well-paced, interesting episode just under 30min. And, I also liked how Penn & Teller showed a balanced view of PETA.

Yeah, Ferdin - according to how she is portrayed in the P&T episode - is kinda coo-coo. Cute, but coo-coo.

4. Roddenberry

Roddenberry Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I know I'm probably late to the party, but I'm watching season 2 of Prison Break and I've just realised where I'd seen T-bag before.

[​IMG]

Which led me to find out he also played Gaul in Star Trek Voyager.

5. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Another well known Trek regular, the Desilu backlot, makes an appearance here as well.

6. Forbin

Picked up the 70s techno-spy series "Search" a couple of weeks ago. It only took 3 episodes for Jeff Corey to show up as a mad scientist. :lol:

7. Forbin

In the 3rd season Dick Van Dyke episode The Life and Love of Joe Coogan, Rob makes a new Adonais-like friend at the golf course:

[​IMG]

...who he discovers is an old love of Laura's. When Laura sneaks off to the country club to "accidentally" bump into her old flame, she discovers...

[​IMG]

8. Joel_Kirk

And, as we all know, Jeff Corey also showed up in:

*The Outer Limits episode 'OBIT' (which I will watch again soon, as part of my plan to watch all of the 1960s OL episodes). I actually saw this twice before, but I wanted to watch it again to see if I missed anything.

*An episode of the 1988 series War of the Worlds called 'Eye for an Eye' where he portrays a veteran who remembers the initial Martian visit seen in the George Pal film.

*The movie, Surviving the Game with Ice-T...

Note: I just found out he - Corey - was also in the Bruce Willis film Color of Night. I remember seeing that freaky film, and not liking it as much, even though it was supposed to be a sexy thriller.

9. Forbin

SEARCH! Episode 5 features my second-favorite android babe, Louise Sorel, speaking in an outrageous faux upper-class European accent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Forbin

This week's lunchtime Mannix, season 5, "A Choice of Evils" featured Paul Carr as a rather polite kidnapper, holding Peggy captive so Mannix would do some work for his boss. Strangely, he lived thru the episode!

11. FormerLurker

FormerLurker Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Another appearance by Jeff Corey:

He was the farmer that shot one of the Mole Men in Superman vs the Mole Men. When Superman saved him from the Mole Men's death ray, he thanked him, to which Superman replied, "More than you deserve!"

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Not exactly on topic, but I just caught a 1960 Bonanza with Leonard Nimoy today.

(Seriously, this board's spell checker doesn't recognize "Nimoy"...?)

13. Forbin

The last two "Search" episodes I watched featured Malachi Throne as a foreign dictator with an outrageous accent, and Logan Ramsay as a slimeball. Type casting? :lol:

(not in the mood to do screen caps this weekend, sorry.)

14. Joel_Kirk

The original Mission:Impossible had a lot of Trek actors, but one that stood out - in a surprising role - is Joseph Ruskin; he portrays a guest IMF agent in one episode. This is surprising because he usually portrays bad guys (even in voice overs!) or characters who have some sinister aspect to them.In the episode, he is guest agent with some class, that I wonder what his character's 'day job' was when he wasn't on missions.

On the other hand, William Shatner, in his two Mission:Impossible roles, really shows that his acting abilities are limited. Leonard Nimoy - since Shatner is mentioned, we should mention the 'other guy' - basically plays Paris as a human version of Spock, but has a bit more range...especially since he has Peter Graves, Greg Morris, Lynda Day George (or whichever woman is the 'female IMF agent' for that episode) as well as guest stars portraying the marks, or villains.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  15. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Charlie X is hanging out with John Wayne and Kirk Douglas on AMC right now.

Also caught the end of a Rawhide with Susan Oliver earlier this morning.

Edit: And on Me-TV's Rawhide, it's Skip Homeier hanging out with Clint Eastwood and those other guys....

And another: Gene Dynarski does eggs-actly what Vincent Price tells him to on Batman....

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  16. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Speaking of Charlie X, here he is in "Mr. Novak", in trouble with Principal Burgess Meredith.

[​IMG]

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You know, it's kinda surprising that Meredith never appeared on Star Trek. He was on Twilight Zone, Batman, etc.

18. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Reading that I just realized that Elvis, Evils, Lives and Veils are anagrams. ;)

19. Forbin

Mannix, season 5, "The Man Outside". Another twofer! Mannix tries to figure out what over-ambitious blackmailer Kathy Brown is doing while Evil Mystery Man Cloud William tries to kill him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

For those who have MeTV, tomorrow, 4/29 at 2 ET, Will be the Bonanza episode, The Decision, where Dr. McCoy os accused of murder, and gets to be judged by...Dr Phil Boyce!

Yes the classic Trek doctor twofer of Dee Kelley and John Hoyt....where's Micah when you really need him?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014