The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Heck yeah, he is.

My Buckys:
    [​IMG]

and just for good measure, my Steves as well:
    [​IMG]

The new Marvel Legends Steve Rogers is horribly out of scale, but it's still a really nice looking figure.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Some recent pics of some of my STAR WARS stuff just piled up in order to take some photos. Some of you have seen these before but they're only a couple of months old or more recent. Ignore the "January 1, 2004" datestamp...I had just changed the battery in my camera and couldn't be bothered to program the correct date into it before I took these. ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TribbleFeeder likes this.
  3. OdoWanKenobi

Your Star Wars collection puts mine to shame. Though, I could never ever be a MOC collector. I enjoy posing my figures far too much.

I notice there's one thing in the bottom left corner that doesn't quite fit there, though. ;)

4. cooleddie74

Thanks, but your Sideshow Collectibles collection is nothing short of amazing. I wish Hasbro could achieve that level of accuracy and detail on their collectibles and for a reasonable price. To be fair, Hasbro's 12" line has had some really amazing winners over the years but none of them stack up to the Sideshow Collectibles offerings. I know a few guys who collect Master Replicas, Medicom, Kotobukiya and Sideshow stuff and they have some really great stuff.

5. OdoWanKenobi

And now Hot Toys is getting into Star Wars, too. I'm gonna be sooooooo broke.

6. cooleddie74

I worry about going broke and I don't even collect the high-end stuff. :lol:

7. OdoWanKenobi

Well at least their releases are greatly staggered. It's more expensive stuff, but there's fewer releases, and several months between them. Plus, I'm going to be collecting less lower end stuff now, too.

DC Universe seems all but dead, unless Mattel can get their act together. That frees up some funds for me, since even if the line ever does get going again, it will be smaller waves and no Build-A-Figure.

Marvel Legends I'm all caught up on, except for a freaking Ghostrider. Hasbro hasn't even announced wave 3 yet. I suppose they're waiting for SDCC. It's idiotic how they released the first two waves so close together. There was such a small window for wave 1, that a lot of people are missing figures. Ghostrider in particular seems to be impossible to find, and there's a lot of incomplete Terraxes out there because of it. I'm dropping Marvel Universe, I think. The quality and releases are just too inconsistent for me.

As for Star Wars, well I've already spoken about how my enthusiasm has waned. I've essentially limited myself to OT and EU stuff now. Of course, that's all hard to find when the pegs are overflowing with Episode I and Clone Wars stuff.

8. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

no, he was never released in Britain and I've not bothered getting him in my time of collecting these past 3 years.

strangely, they didn't see fit to release Big Ben the British GI Joe guy over here, either....

9. cooleddie74

One of my two Vintage Collection Prototype Boba Fetts. You had to send in an order form, five UPC codes from the backs of carded packages as well as a check or money order for $6.99 to get each figure but it was well worth it each time. This is one of a very tiny handful of Vintage Collection figures you can't find at retail and is one of the coolest Boba Fetts I've ever seen in any size or scale.

[​IMG]

For those of you who don't own him but want him to add to your Vintage Collection lineups, the mail-in offer ended on March 31st. You can't send off for the figures anymore but he's still available from certain online dealers as well as eBay, where I've seen mint or near-mint packaged copies of him go for as low as $19.99 including shipping and handling. The numbering sequence on his packaging is VC61.

10. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

[​IMG]

"Man, I wish they'd get this pep-rally started!"

11. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perhaps a missed opportunity for Hasbro to release Star Trek Transformers. They could probably do some interesting things with giving Voyager a robot mode and stuff like that.

12. cooleddie74

I for one wouldn't mind seeing a J.J. Abrams Enterprise that turns into an Autobot. And if the Klingons are in the next film then we could also get a D7/K'tinga-class cruiser(altered timeline design, of course) that transforms into a Decepticon. The possibilities are almost endless for a series of STAR TREK Transformers that could cover the Roddenberry, B&B and Abrams eras.

13. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hey cooleddie in this post in the first photo who is that guy in his underwear in the top left?

14. cooleddie74

Luke Skywalker from the 2001 Deluxe "Bacta Tank" set. It's Luke is his, well, "medical diaper" when he's being dipped into the tank of antibacterial fluids and treated for his wampa wounds in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. :)

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ooo! thanks :D

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Can we post other toys? Seeing cooleddie's stuff makes me feel a little better about my American Girl collection:

[​IMG]

:p

I have quite a few Star Trek figures from the Playmates era.

I collected Smurfs when I was a kid, but my nephew took them from me when he was little! My sister returned some of them to me- I need to take photos of them.

17. cooleddie74

My mother loved the American Girl dolls. That's a nice collection you have there. Is the one on the lower row and on the far right the girl from World War II? The girl with the round glasses? My mom loved that particular character.

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

those look great. i have the Marvel Universe Winter Soldier and Steve Rogers. haven't found ML Steve Rogers yet.

19. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yep, that's Molly. She's my mom's favorite.

20. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

CO-BRAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

[​IMG]

Action Force.

[​IMG]

the bad guys from AF; the Red Shadows. Going l-r they are: a Kraken, a Muton, a Red Shadow, a Skeletron, Baron Ironblood the leader, Black Major his no. 2, a Red Shadow, a Muton and a Kraken