Does anyone know........?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Dsven43, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Dsven43

Dsven43 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

If there are any new Myraid Universe anthologies or such coming out in the future? I really enjoyed those.

2. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've enjoyed what I've read thus far of the Myriad Universes collections, but they're kind of a niche of a niche type of thing. (then again, maybe not since they obviously sold well enough to make 3 of them!)

4. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Just wait until the current continuity 'kicks out' a novel and 'voilĂ ' - you've got a Myriad Universes story.

Quite a few of the older novels would suffice too !

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, no - wait until the next movie, with an offhand comment by Nimoy Spock, makes the entire post-Nemesis continuity into a myraid universe!

6. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I doubt we'll see another Myriad Universes book; the editor who conceived the project left Pocket several years ago, and the current editorial regime has their own ideas to pursue.

7. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Speaking just for myself, I liked them a lot. The authors obviously had a lot of fun writing stories where the usual rule of "put all the toys back in the box just like you found them" oesn't apply. And when the author has fun writing something, it's more likely the reader will have fun reading it.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm another big fan of the Myriad Universes stories. I've always been a big fan of alternate universe stories, and they were some of the best I've ever experienced.

9. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Who are the current editors again?

10. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Remember, there weren't just the three anthologies but a MyrU comic as well.

Some of the stories are among my all-time Trek favourites and their length encouraged me to re-read them.

11. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

According to a recent podcast interview with David Mack there are several "editorial contractors" (I guess freelance editors like KRAD in the past) who work with (for?) Ed Schlesinger, who coordinates the whole thing.