The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Apropos of nothing, has anyone played Plants vs Zombies? Insanely addictive! I checked out the free demo version from Playfirst. Maybe I'll hit Pogo to see if I can get another free hour...yes, I'm cheap...:rommie:

Too bad the game doesn't give you little crossbows and little guns with silencers and maybe also tiny little landmines so you can see which combination has the best stopping power against the zombie horde.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I haven't played it, but I have a friend who sends screencaps of his games from time to time. It looks hilarious. :rommie:

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are sunflowers (which are very important to zombie-fighting strategy as it turns out) that bob back and forth like some old Betty Boop cartoon, which for some reason is hysterical.

The best part is that you get to dress up your own personal zombie at the start and then it appears in the game, leading the zombie horde. :rommie: The Walking Dead needs to do a cross-over, I want to put a sherrif's hat on my zombie and maybe those overalls that Shane inherited from Otis.

4. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

Wow! intense opening

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

No Darrel!! fucking Andrea

6. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah! barn full of Zombies, is Herchal making his own zombie football team? lol

7. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

now it looks like were getting back to the comic which is great.

8. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

And this is why we don't give guns to women. Now go finish that laundry, Andrea.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Haven't read any posts about tonight's episode yet.

Just wanted to say I hated last week's filler episode. I don't give a crap about who Glenn has sex with and that Lori now might be pregnant with Shane's kid. This is becoming As the World Turns with zombies.

I'm also getting tired of the endless search for Sophia. Something important better had happened to her like she comes back with a cure for the zombie apocalypse or she has turned into a zombie herself. Anything else would be a disappointment by now.

I only hope this weekend's Daryl episode is kickass and makes up for last week's flop.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Gotta admit at that range it was a hell of a shot.

Oh, and obligatory "find the damn girl already" rant.

11. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

its forshadowing for andrea ;)

12. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah but you gotta admit that was a damn good shot. what all most 200 yards? :eek::eek::eek:

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Yep, Gotta admit.

14. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

This show needs to learn how to write its women better.

15. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sci-fi / Fantasy writers seem to have a difficult time getting romance and interpersonal conflicts right George Lucas had trouble with it and so did Roddenberrry and Berman.

On topic with last nights show. What is Herschel's point of keeping the zombies in the barn? Does he think he can cure them?

16. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He mentioned in the first episode we meet him something about someone finding a cure. When Rick mentioned the visit to the CDC Hershel still seemed insistant that someone will find a cure.

I imagine the barn contains family and friends lost to the walkers who Hershel believes can be brought back once a cure is found. He probably doesn't believe they are dead, but more like victims from "28 Days Later."

17. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is a good idea.

My first thought was that it explains the emptiness of the farm, by providing enough of an overall zombie-density on his property. This might hold if zombies tend not to congregate in groups that are too large, relative to some other distribution of resources.

The balance between humans and zombies may have been upset by the arrival of our heroes. Perhaps unless more zombies are put in the barn?

Just some musings there. I know they can be shot down. :)

18. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I see. So Hersechel doesn't believe they are dead. That Herschel wants them to disarm on his property makes sense now to the storyline. And now why he wants them to leave.

19. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He thinks they can be cured, which is why he keeps them safe in the barn.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  20. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

They really need to find Sophia. This was a good episode, but it should have happened at least one earlier.

Also fun to see Michael Rooker, though.