Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

And of course, my problems were due to not having patched the game using MCPatch. Yeah, duh! :lol: After I realized that, I kicked myself.

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sorry, gotta say it.

"D'OH!!!"

No mass flame son the forum, so I guess we're good.

Oooh and it turns out we can use the bonemeal trick to bring tallgrass to our pre-existing world! Thanks Notch!

You can call me Johnny Grassseed from now on. ;)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  3. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That could have something to do with the new animal spawning rules, the ones designed to stop them spawning around torches at night. I can't say that I've noticed fewer animals about, but I haven't gone searching for any either.

I haven't experienced this either, but that's because my rail line doesn't touch any corners as they seem to impact the cart's momentum.

I have some bad news for you. ;) Someone realised that clay is screwed up in 1.6 and that it can only spawn where the x and z coordinates are the same, which makes the conditions for an already rare resource almost impossible to fulfil. Notch is toying with the idea of releasing 1.6.7 tomorrow to fix that one issue, otherwise it wont be fixed for a long time.

Good luck! I went there the other day to download a texture-pack and found the most childish dispute I've ever seen on the internet. :scream: That site is like an internet version of The Lord of the Flies, but with no hope of rescue.

4. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I only use the forum to look up mods and textures and stuff, never to discuss with people. Do not toy with the Minecraft trolls!

5. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

It's amusing though. Besides there's some neat discussion in the mod suggestion thread (on the odd chance the thread hasn't already been trollthrashed).

6. Owain Taggart

Has anyone experienced seeing less spiders since 1.6.6? On Robert's server, I haven't been able to find any spiders at all.

7. TheGodBen

It finally happened! :D

[​IMG]

I finally had an excuse to build a jukebox. Now I just need to find a green one.

8. Owain Taggart

9. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I actually thought a Herobrine function in the game would be pretty interesting, especially if it wasn't officially announced by Notch until Herobrine had left a few craters and mysterious Aztec-style ruins on your map.

Oooooo. Multiple competing Herobrines on a map.

10. Cutter John

AHHH! Creepers sighted on the server! No spiders though.

Ben - Lucky! I only ever found one record in a dungeon. Not even sure where it is anymore. Wish I could do that 'skelton kills a creeper-get record' trick.

Owain - I wouldn't even know where to start on a thing like that. Now if they could create a cpu that would let MC run itself...

Itsnotlogical - Or the ultra rare "Herobrine was Here." block.

11. Owain Taggart

Or a computer playing Minecraft ;) Or is that what you meant?

12. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Yo dawg, I heard you like Minecraft, so I put some Minecraft in your Minecraft so you can play Minecraft when you play Minecraft.

13. TheGodBen

We need to go deeper... to find all that redstone as it only appears on the bottom 19 levels.

In 1.7 news: Jeb is back working on Minecraft; Pistons are currently being worked on; you will need shears to gather wool from sheep.

14. Robert Maxwell

Shears?? Fuck that noise! I want to punch sheep and get wool!

15. Owain Taggart

I'm starting to dislike all the one-use tools. They're crafted to get at something once and likely not get used again. Which can be a problem resources are scarce.

16. TheGodBen

Shears have 4 uses, according to Jeb. They shear sheep (and destroy wool blocks faster), they cut leaves (possibly meaning we can collect and plant leaf blocks), they diffuse TNT and there's a fourth use that he says is a secret.

17. Cutter John

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
  18. Robert Maxwell

19. Owain Taggart

Still, how many times is one going to use them or have a need for them other than that one time? It's like axes. I rather use my fists than use axes because you can't break them. Well, not in Minecraft anyway.

20. Cutter John

Exactly Owain. It just needlessly eats up a slot in your inventory.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011