The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by doubleohfive, Mar 17, 2010.

1. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I just picked up the series -- 60% off at Barnes & Noble last week! and have been reliving 1993-1994 as I've watched it all over again. I particularly love the cameo Carlton Cuse makes in the pilot. :lol:

Any other fans here? Any haters? Do any of you even remember this show?

2. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

93-94?? I didn't realize it was that long ago. I feel old. I remember liking it but never was able to catch very many episodes. Bruce Campbell is a god!

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Yeah, crazy how it's been so long. I forgot what a bastard John Bly was!

4. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very entertaining show indeed, a shame it was canceled so soon.

Really completely preposterous, like so much of Bruce Campbell's work. One of the things that makes it so great, his charisma can carry almost any idea no matter how ridiculous :lol:

5. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amazing show. Didn't deserve to be cancelled, and this was notice, as it was featured in Reader's Digest's "Save Our Shows" article that season.

6. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

I liked this show, I wouldn't say loved but the characters definatly carried it for me, specially Lord Bowler. I still remember the ep where we get inside his house for the first time and find it a dead posh place with it's own butler and fine china Lol

7. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

It was a good enough show, and Bruce Campbell is always fun to watch.

8. data_lover

data_lover Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i bought that for my husband, too. i think we will end up watching it together when he gets back from AIT. you know what other show i liked with him? jack of all trades. i know it was lame, but i liked it.

9. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bruce is the sole reason Jack is watchable.

10. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Fun show, am I wrong in thinking that it started the Fox-Cancels-Beloved-Scifi-Show trend that continues to this day?

11. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

It's still one of my favorite shows, but I have a huge thing for fun characters. Comet the Wonder Horse was awesome, especially the episode where he got angry at Brisco for riding a motorcycle, or where he caught up with Brisco after catching a train ride on his own then tried to act coy about it. (Sure, it was mostly Bruce Campbell's acting that carried those scenes, but they were still great.)

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

To be fair, a large part of the reason FOX has cancelled so many SF shows is simply because it's bought so many more SF shows than any other broadcast network, and most shows of any sort get cancelled young.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Loved the show, but from what I remember, the rest of the series never really lived up to the fantastic pilot.

14. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved the show as a kid when it first aired, but years later after it came out on DVD I finally got to watch the whole thing and it doesn't hold up as well. I guess a point of the show though was to be a very PG family-friendly western with a lot of jokes made to reference our times (like the "lead zeppelin"). Seeing the same jail cell set used every single time no matter what town they were in was kind of funny, though they did try to explain it away by saying it was the style of a certain architect.

15. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

started with Alien Nation in 90-91

16. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gods.

My head just told my that Trixie, that gorgeousness Trixie (that was her name? because that's the whores name from deadwood who's husband is building Cylons now... Oh, Dixie!) is Lilly on Gossip girl after not eating for 20 years. My gods she looked so much better when she ate. Although being horrifically thin like that does make her seem taller? Or maybe it's just that the rest of cast of Gossip Girl is a foot shorter than the cast of the Adventures of Brisco County Junior?

Comet was only in 11 episodes?

WTF?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  17. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

His star power and charisma was too big. They didn't want the rest of the cast feeling like second fiddles.

18. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I really liked Kelly Rutherford...

19. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

I'm a big Bruce Campbell fan. I missed the series on TV originally. About 6 months ago I thought about the show after watching Bubba Ho-Tep for about the 20th time, so I put it on Netflix. I couldn't even make it through the 2nd disc. I wanted so much to like it, but it just wasn't happening. :(

20. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

A bit too cheeky, but watchable.

IIRC, one of those shows that seemed to ignore the racism of the era it was set in, like some sort of holodeck program.

I seem to recall many people thought this show would succeed and the X-Files would bomb.

Funny how it turned out.