Fitness Checkin

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by kimc, Jan 16, 2009.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Congrats! Keep it up!

RAMA

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Wah, why don't you cry about it? :p

I really really really need to start putting more effort into my legs. I am getting top-heavy.

3. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I started a new routine, got bored of it, played around with it and fel sufficiently worn out after every session. Good stuff. Unfortunatly my back is still killing me and my knees are suffering a 404 error. Bad stuff.

I need to get weighed but according to a collegue (and CWF Champion in the US) I'm looking better than I have in years after shedding around 30lbs. Dropping the weight has made me quicker and more agile too, which is definatly a bonus :)

I'll be back in some manly trunks soon enough.

4. Triskelion

Triskelion Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hey backstept, congratulations! You're gonna feel better and better!

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I don't know what I did in the gym this week, but my muscles are sooooooooore!

6. trekkerguy

trekkerguy Commodore Commodore

Starting next week I'll be moving into a daily stretching/speedwalking
    routine. When Spring comes around and I get a bike that will turn into
    a daily one hour riding session to be supplemented later in the Summer
    by weight training.

I have some uh... plans for next season. :D http://www.boiseburn.com

7. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

You don't remember? :lol:

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just don't think I did anything too different from what I normally do. Maybe I just worked extra hard. I dunno.

My muscles are looking a lot bigger this week than they have in a long time. I think they're finally remembering how much bigger I used to be.

9. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Hey fitness chickens! Actually, I was more of a fitness ostrich last week with my head stuck in the sand. (Nah, I don't need to work out today I can do it tomorrow). I don't know if it was the cold or what.

Thankfully, I think I'm over it. I had pilates Thursday night. Yesterday I did a spin workout then today I did upper body weights followed by lower body matwork with the "magic circle" aka torture device from hell.

Yeah, I think I'm back...

10. trekkerguy

trekkerguy Commodore Commodore

I just got started last week, finaly.

Pretty much just stretching and walking for now.

At about 4:30 AM I stretch then start walking.
    Walk for a mile or two then head home and relax. :)

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have been having some seriously crappy workouts the last week or so. I don't know why, but I just have no energy.

12. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I'd been seriously struck down by that cold I got a few weeks ago, really lingered and beat me down, attacked everything. But now that it's finally over and fully out of my system I can get back to my program.

I made myself a 14 week program and was 3 weeks into it before I got taken down by that cold. So what I think I'll do now is start from Week 1 all over again and consider that last bit a heavy warm-up.

13. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I've been the same through the week which made me really lazy - though for some reason tonight I couldn't tear myself away. I've probably had the best workout in a while thanks to a sudden mood change :confused:

Though mirrors are my enemy... not in a bad way, I just keep taking a moment out to check myself out. Vanity attacks :lol:

14. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I do!
    I've really enjoyed my 40 minute treadmill sessions this week
    down to about 268 now if my bathroom scale can be believed :D

I haven't noticed any change in my waistline, but I'm sure I will at some point . . . like you can never see the hour hand move, but it does

15. JonathonWally

The gym is seriously kicking my ass this week, and it's only wednesday.

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've finally had a couple decent workouts the past few days. I'm trying to get my diet and sleep schedule back in order, but it's tough. My body was designed for a 30-hour day.

17. JonathonWally

I hear ya, it's been a real pain in the ass for me trying to get to sleep early and reset my schedule. Hopefully tonight I'll make some more progress.

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I haven't gotten too far into my personal training studies, but just the first few chapters of my textbook have already given me some new ideas. I can't wait to learn more (something I never said when I was studying Accounting...).

19. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

down to about 260 from 274 at the beginning of the year
    I can comfortably zip up my jacket now
    my ponderous paunch is becoming less pronounced :lol:

although about 5 of those pounds I lost as a result of the flu late last week, so I haven't been to the gym in a week which is bumming me out . . .

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I started my last two workouts with a half hour of cardio, which is totally unprecedented. I hate cardio.

I alternated between the elliptical and treadmill, and I brought a book with me. It kept me from getting bored. I don't mind the actual act of cardio; it just takes too long, and I normally get annoyed and stop before I accomplish anything.