New Top Gear

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Lonemagpie, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

^^
    The cycling thing was as unfunny as could have been expected from Top Gear, but the rest of the show was just fine imo.

And next week sounds like fun.

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I liked this week's ep. And while it seems most people prefer the McLaren P1, I totally love the Porsche 918... that thing is just amazing.

3. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

What the hell, 7 episodes and gone! Where the hell is Top Gear?! I need my fix!

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Ask Dave :p

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

TG always does short seasons, that's nothing new.

6. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

the length of Top Gear seasons aren't short by UK standards.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I swear the seasons feel shorter each year. This year felt like 4 episodes and the "Christmas" Special.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I suspect that's because you were enjoying the episodes, so they seemed to fly past.

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

This year's Holiday special was a dud. And that bit at the end was just weird and really threw the whole thing off.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Recorded it, but haven't seen it yet.
    Apparently the Hate Mail is complaining about it, so they must have done something good.

11. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

That they metioned early on in the show about the falklands war and heading toward the Belgrano's home town was for me anway, proof, if it were needed, that the licence plate was not a coincidence.

And i also noted that said front licence plate was doing magic, one minute it was on the car, next it was gone, throught the whole show.

But yeah, i feel the whole show was somewhat of a damp squid that backfired on them towards the end, which i suspect would have had Clarkson pointing out how he had driven through Argentina with said licence plate and thus was another win for Great Brition, when of course the opposite happened, when they slinked out in the dark with their tails between their legs. lol

12. Lonemagpie

The new season starts tonight on BBC2!

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Finally. :D

14. Lonemagpie

Ten episodes!

Where has Jezza's bald patch gone? Has he been having plug implants? It was still there in the summer while filming in St Petersburg, but gone by the studio recording last Wednesday...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  15. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Top Gear is really crushing on the Winter Soldier soundtrack this series. Can't say I blame em.

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

They've also made a lot of changes in the editing style. It's way more flashy and summer blockbuster-like than it used to be. Over all, I've been down on the show this series. I thought the Australia trip was a bore, and the whole ambulance thing was one of their biggest duds ever. But last night's Peugeot bit was the best segment they've done in years. I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time.

17. Lonemagpie

Clarkson suspended (for punching the producer!) and this week's show cancelled.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31824040

Whatever you think of him, it's a pain in the arse that this will probably mean the show is cancelled mid-season (Sunday's episode is cancelled as they'd be recording it tomorrow), and it fucks up May and Hammond as well - plus everybody else who works on the show - as none of them have been suspended. The right thing to do would be at least simply appoint an interim replacement host so the rest of the series can be completed, rather than potentially put a shitload of people out of work to suspend one person. Trust the Beeb to overreact when they react at all...

18. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

BBC News is reporting that Clarkson has been suspended for an incident with a producer. No Top Gear this Sunday :(

19. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Probably handbags between a dickish producer and a dickish presenter.

Hope it doesn't put paid to the show...

20. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I doubt it'll put paid to the show saying Top Gear is one the Beeb's top shows, I guess we shall have to see what happens when the full facts become known. They could suspended him for the rest of the season and just go with the other presenters.