So now that (spoiler) signed up for a (spoiler)...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Seska, May 28, 2013.

1. Seska

Seska Lieutenant Red Shirt

...and we're apparently going to get our dose of her rather than any Janice or Christine...

do you think Kirk will be putting his BIG GAY SON inside Dr. Marcus for this alternate iteration? :luvlove:

It might be a few years before we get another David, but I sure do miss him. A transgendered son might be even cooler, and more up with the times. I hope the universe is listening.

What say ye? Yes, no, maybe so?

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Re: So now that (spoiler) signed up for a 5 year mission...

I say this thread will be locked soon...

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This thread could have had potential, but the OP ruined it.

4. Seska

Come on, you guys. No reason to be uptight. I know I'm not the only one who thunk this.

5. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

We're not uptight. You're inappropriate.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

No, to this bizarre thread. Closed for lack of (worthwhile) content.

7. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

After talking with the OP via PM, I have decided to reopen the thread. There was some confusion over the tone and lack of focus in the OP, which led to a notification and some disagreement here in the thread, but I have been assured by the OP that no mockery was intended. The OP should be along to make another post to refocus the thread, which will presumably be about the appearance of gay and transgendered characters in future Abramsverse films. So, everyone try and be cool and open-minded about the OP's post and have a good discussion. Thanks.

8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Sounds like somebody missed the meeting where George Takei is gay but Hikaru Sulu is not...

9. BriGuy

BriGuy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No.

10. Seska

Many thanks to Locutus for being such an amazing moderator. This board is lucky to have him on staff.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologize if my first post came off a little hard. I was thinking more along the lines of the end of Star Trek 12, and of all the people who sign up for the five-year mission is Carol.

Now at a few other points in the flick, Carol is holding her stomach. Perhaps this is b/c nuKhan kicked her... but then again, somebody here on the trekbbs has an aviator of Janeway in a two-piece black bikini, and at one point Carol was wearing a quite similar bikini while alone with Kirk. Kirk didn't put on his boots after their encounter (this time), but I did read a little into that scene.

The Great Bird of the Galaxy never really let any of the characters say they were gay, and so when gaydars around the nation pinged for David Marcus, mine pinged, too. There was never any indication that David wasn't gay, or was, but those who know knew.

Does this current iteration of the Trek have room for even one of the many letters in the LGBTLMNOP alphabet? Will it be Carol and Kirk's alternate universe son? I hope it is, and I hope after twelve feature-length films and 700 some odd episodes, we FINALLY get thrown a bone. Will it happen in Star Trek 13? Can it?

From the Delta Quadrant with Love,
    Seska

11. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

Carol gets impregnated by Spock Prime. Her son David is the first gay, 1/4 Vulcan, prime-JJ hybrid.

Realistically... Now that Star Trek has gone down the reboot rabbit hole, I don't know that this universe will be around long enough to find out.

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

If they were to have a son in the very next film, unless there's time travel or a major and highly unlikely time jump involved, I doubt his sexual identity would be an issue yet. He's not gonna come out of the womb a lanky 20-something with a Greatest American Hero perm.

I think it's more likely that they'd spend a film or two dangling the Kirk/Carol relationship as a "will they or won't they" situation.

13. OpenMaw

OpenMaw Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To be fair, though, do we actually know that of this Hikaru Sulu? I think it would be a nice touch.

14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I'm objecting because the thread title is technically a damned spoiler.

15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

That's a good question.

Was it ever stated that Sulu was or ever had been in a relationship with Demora's mother?

It's been a while since I've seen GEN, but I think the Kirk just asked "When did Sulu ever find time for a family?" If Sulu is gay, then Kirk is just affirming that "Sulu, his husband, and their daughter are a family."

I can't think of any other instance that specifically suggested he was into women. I know he sort of flirted with Rand once or twice, but you could just as easily chalk that up to being friendly.

If they do decide to have a gay character (and it really is time), Sulu is the obvious choice. George is so popular now, that I think much of the general public thinks Sulu was gay. I know I've had to correct people on that more than once.

And just from what I've seen of him, I think Cho would probably jump at the idea. Hell, why not have a little fun with it and have Penn play his partner/husband? I say that jokingly, of course. But the two had such great bro chemistry, there's a good chance that would translate romantically.

16. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

David wasn't gay anyway.

He was having it on with Saavik.

See the publicity photos for STIV.

Anyway I'm not happy with a sexualised child in any shows except maybe documentaries. David's at most going to be 4 or 5.

Pick someone else. The only one's who have been shown to be in a heterosexual relationship are Spock, Uhura, Kirk and maybe McCoy (ex-wife). You've got Scotty, Keenser, Sulu, Chekov, Marcus or anyone else in the crew.

17. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So you've ruled out Scotty and Keenser as a couple? ;) Lots of extra time on that ice planet with no other company....

18. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

How come when it comes to the discussion of Carol and Kirk's child, it's always a son? This isn't the same universe. They could do a different spin on things.

19. Pavonis

Pavonis Commodore Commodore

Can Kirk have kids in this timeline?
    McCoy may have saved Kirk's life after being exposed to lethal doses of radiation, but did he save Kirk's gametes? Perhaps nuKirk is sterile, in which case there will be no David, gay or otherwise.

20. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Isn't David dead by the time STIV happened?