Halloween 2011: Costume Ideas, Events, etc.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gryffindorian, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Colonel Midnight

Colonel Midnight Vice Admiral Premium Member

We're having a party at the new house... so I guess I need to come up with some kind of costume. *oy* Hrrrrmmm... HELP!!

Also, I'm crafting up a playlist of Halloween-flavored tunes, so any suggestions there would be good as well. Here's what I have so far (in no particular order, and I'll admit some may not be the "proper" title, so bear with me):

1. Who's Watching Me?
    2. Addams Family theme
    3. The Munsters theme
    4. Thriller (of course... :p)
    5. Werewolves of London
    6. Monster Mash (Another *duh* ;))
    7. Twilight Zone theme
    8. Dark Shadows theme
    9. I Told the Witch Doctor
    10. Abra-Cadabra
    11. One-Eyed Purple People Eater
    12. Superstitious
    13. Sweetheart Killer
    14. Bewitched
    15. Outer Limits

Thoughts?

Cheers,
    -CM-

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't forget the Ghostbusters theme. ;) I had a Halloween CD that had a bunch of great tunes performed by the original artists.

Also, consider the themes from Psycho, Scream, The XFiles, and duh, Halloween (Michael Myers).

3. Gryffindorian

The Shining
    Tubular Bells (from The Exorcist)
    Harry Potter TSS Soundtrack/Hedwig's Theme

4. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

You know the rule - pics or it didn't happen!

love the pics - esp the big pumpkins eating the little ones. the barfing one is a classic now too! I planted my son's pumpkin from last year to keep the dog from eating it after it got squashy - got a giant plant and two pumpkins out of it - but I don't want to carve either one - their my pumkin babies!

5. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going as a zombie painter.

Vincent van Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!

6. Daneel

Daneel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had to work last Halloween, but I've got it off this year, and I fully intend to enjoy it.

I've been trying to think of some costume ideas, but it's hard to narrow it down. My roommate had an idea about dressing up as a zombie Nazi, and I thought I might join him in that.

Any thoughts on this notion? Would it be too insensitive/in poor taste?

7. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I'd avoid doing that... I mean, you might be with people that will get the joke without being offended, but if you're going to wear the costume in public, you're just going to stir up more trouble than it's worth. You never know who you might offend, with such a contentious theme. And random chance could end up with an insult to someone you don't want to confront.

8. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I know someone who attended a convention where a few girls had done the Orion Slave Girl theme... and yeah, the paint is tricky stuff. Some were messy, but one girl wasn't. She bought some special body paint for it, but the trade-off is that it's very hard to get off. One idea to get around it would be a green body stocking. Not something made of Lycra, though (too thick). Get something semi-sheer in white and then dye it green. Definitely get something that fits on the small side, as obvious wrinkles in the fabric will look weird. You can probably get away with a necklace affixed to the top and bracelets at the sleeve ends. Then the last trick will be to paint your hands and face to match. My girl friend from a few years ago did something similar for an outfit where she wanted her skin to look red all over, save for a bikini top/bottom.

9. Gryffindorian

Welp, I think I'm ready for next week's Halloween office party. Yep, we're having it on Wednesday, 10/26. I've got my jumpsuit, a utility belt, a police bag, a hat, camera, flashlight, ID, crime-scene kit.

10. Gryffindorian

11. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I attended a Halloween party tonight/last night. One of my best friends is married to an American so they hold a bash each year. I went as an All Black wearing a noose to symbolise their choking in previous world cups. Did the smart thing of making a "safe" noose, which proved smart since as soon as I entered their house I got it caught in their fake cobwebs, plus it stopped my friends from "accidentally" choking me to death.

It was a good party. We did the blindfold story game where you touch stuff that is meant to be body parts and carved pumpkins. Never got to carve mine as I helped two other people work on theirs...place I'd left my pumpkin in my car as was too lazy to go get it. When we left we got given a bag of American candy, which is always a fun treat since you don't get much themed halloween stuff in Australia.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going out and visiting a friend 300 miles away from me, I have no clue what we are doing but it's New York, near Canada, so it will be cold.

I was thinking Waldo (His hat is hard to find!), Green Giant (too hard to do, and half naked[fun but cold] and green), The Doctor (I don't have a brown sports coat), Paul Bunyan (need the blue ox, and the beard causes kissing issues).

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I need a really cheap Halloween costume that will not require me to shave my beard.

Ready? Go!

14. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Bearded Lady

15. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

My costume:

[​IMG]

The bow tie was a bit too bright red but otherwise I think I did ok.

16. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My suggestion would be to go as the hippie Hitler from the original "The Producers" movie, complete with peace sign necklace, earrings, and flower.

I saw a Waldo costume kit in Party City. It wasn't on the wall with the full costumes, but with the costume parts.

My wife & I already have our costumes, since we went to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Disney World a few weeks ago. We had the added restrictions of needing simple costumes that we could still get on rides with, plus something that isn't too hot. We ended up going with white t-shirts decorated as the 2 and 3 of clubs, which were two of the cards painting the roses red in Disney's Alice in Wonderland (original cartoon version). Simple, cheap, and effective! :)

17. Gryffindorian

Help me out here ...

18. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I am going to guess Doctor Who (though I haven't seen the show).

My fiancee and I are going to go as Zombie Garth and Betty Jo from Wayne's World 2 for a Zombie Party (and reg versions when we go trick or treating with our nieces and nephews).

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

How many other characters have a sonic screwdriver?

20. Gryffindorian

I don't know. How many?