Cannot Wait!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by PKS8304, Feb 1, 2012.

1. PKS8304

PKS8304 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just finished making arrangements, headed to a convention this Saturday to meet J. G. Hertzler, ol Martok himself!

I met Robert Picardo in 1995, nice guy. I havent had many opportunities to go to conventions so Im really excited!

2. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

Have a great time! I've only been to 2 conventions myself so I understand the excitement and I am excited for you. Have fun!

3. MrBorg

MrBorg Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Qapla'!

4. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

Excellent! What convention are you going to?

I had a chance to see JG cut loose and cut a rug on the dance floor to Tim Russ' band in Vegas a few years ago! Great fun. Enjoy!!

5. PKS8304

PKS8304 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Its called Ithacon, its small in comarison to other conventions Im sure. A lot of Comic writers and artists make up the guest list but JG is on the top of the list!

6. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

Small cons are great! Usually much more personable and more opportunities to really meet and interact with the guests. :cool:

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Smaller cons are generally better and feel less rushed than larger ones. Though it's been a few years since I last went to a con.

8. GemHaters

GemHaters Captain

:techman:Awesome!

9. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I've only been to 2 conventions where Trek people were (+ one Buffy con - met David Boreanaz, but that's not relevant here), but one of them was Vegas about 6-7 years ago and since it was the big anniversary, everyone was there. It was really cool to meet the actors and listen to them speak - I was totally jazzed especially to meet Avery Brooks. That was very cool for me, although I met most of the DS9 actors at that con, really...plus lots of the actors from the other shows.

It's exciting - I hope you have a nice time!

10. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why is exciting to meet an actor who played a character on the show? Frankly, I'd be more interested in meeting the writers but even then, it wouldn't be that exciting.

11. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Don't hold us to blame for your general lack of enthusiasm. ;)

Different things excite different people for different reasons.

12. Balrog

Balrog Commodore Commodore

Have a blast!

13. davisn456

davisn456 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The smaller conventions are much better all the way around. I've had the opportunity to meet John De Lancie, Wil Wheaton, and Chase Masterson all in more informal situations at conventions, and it's much more fun that way. Actually ran into Chase Masterson at Quark's bar at the Vegas Hilton (I soooo miss that place) as she was setting up for an autograph session. The group I was with (3 of us) spoke with her for a few minutes. Didn't ask for autographs or anything, it was just fun to talk. She was extremely personable to talk to. John De Lancie was speaking at a convention that was very small, and basically sat with the group instead of being up front. It was more of just an informal discussion than the typical celebrity standing on a stage and telling a story or two. It's interesting to hear their take on the characters, but I agree that talking to the writers would probably be even more interesting in some ways. I haven't had that opportunity yet.

14. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have fun! I got to meet J.G. Hertzler in Chicago a few years ago. The man is every bit as awesome as the characters he played. When my friend and I were at the bar during the second night of the convention, we heard someone come in the door and say "What the hell are all of you drunks doing here and who's buying?!". We turned around and nearly plotzed. :lol:

15. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I missed out on the chance to see JG, when he was here last year. But I love the smaller cons - as a few weeks I got to meet Chase Masterton and also see Walter Koenig. Also was with around 100 people when Avery Brooks was here last year for a convention.

16. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

I met Andrew Robinson a few years after DS9 ended, it was at a pub in London, he did a little Q&A, and then went around each table to talk with everyone there- seemed a great guy. Photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/znaddanz/4404737/

Would love to meet Martok- he's the man.

17. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

I hope you have fun ! I went to my first convention last year in Vegas, had a photo taken with 4 Klingons in costume ( Martok, Gowron, Lursa, B'Etor ) was very exciting but did not have a chance to talk to them, so I'm jealous of you :D enjoy your time, take lots of photos , I was blown away by fan costumes
    -Kytee