Gaming Deals

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

^ I went to Gamestop with this coupon but damn their used prices were high! In many cases it would have been cheaper to have bought them brand new on Amazon.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you live near a Target, they're supposed to update their clearance prices on Mondays.

Prices aren't going to be the same across the board at every Target, but right now the big titles that are on clearance include Battlestations: Pacific, FEAR 2, HAWX, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe and The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena for the 360; and FEAR 2, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Guitar Hero: World Tour and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for the PS3.

If you're really lucky, you'll find Left 4 Dead for less than $15 and Ninja Blade for less than $10. Some Targets are selling the PS3 Endwar bundled with a Bluetooth for under $25. I found a Riddick: Dark Athena at my local Target for $15.

3. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I picked up Mirror's Edge yesterday from Best Buy for $20. Not worth $60, but well worth $20 so far. It is a lot like a First-Person Tony Hawk in some ways with combat.

4. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OK guys, let me tell you how to get Batman AA for the low price of $48.49. Submit a pre-order with Amazon and use the code 5OFFARKM. Reap the rewards!!
    That is unless you want to fight a bunch of skeletons in some sort of challenge mode, then go ahead and pay the extra $15 bucks.

The code is good for 360 and PS3 versions.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  5. PKerr

6. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

For those who live in Canada (or Ontario, at least, not sue about other provinces) Blockbuster Video has a great deal for game rentals where you pay $30 a month (it comes right out of your bank account) and you can rent unlimited games. You can only have one out at a time (but they have another offer that you pay $40 a month to have 2 games out at a time) but it is so worth it when you're a gamer.

For those who don't know, the cost of renting games is about $10. I have had my Gamer's Pass (that's what this offer is) for two weeks and I have already rented 4 games so I already have more than my money's worth.

All you have to do when you return your game is take it into the store with you, pick out your next game, walk up to the cash and tell them which game you are returning and which one you are taking out. No Blockbuster card required (except for the first game you rent when you start the program) and there is NO DUE DATE on the games. You just bring it back whenever you feel like it. Finish a game in 5 minutes? Bring it right back and get another one. You can also cancel anytime you want.

It's like heaven.

7. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you get GH5 you get a free copy of GH:Van Halen in the mail (US only). Sounds like a good deal to me!

8. Aragorn

Amazon's video game deal of the day today is the Rock Band 2 bundle for $90 for all three consoles.

9. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For those of you are who are members of Best Buy's Reward Zone Gamer's Club, you can print a coupon off of your account at myrewardzone.com and get a $10 BB gift card with the purchase of Madden 10. Coupon is good this weekend only.

I picked up Madden 10 for the PS3 at lunch and got the deal with no problem, but you must have the coupon.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

At my Target today there were a bunch of $13.98 360 games on clearance including Sonic Hedgehog, Tomb Raider Anniversary, some war shooter Front Lines or something...

11. PKerr

12. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This isn't a gaming deal, but my Target has season one of Burn Notice at 50% off, as well as Angel seasons 1-4 for $40.

13. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

That's cool and all but, let's try to keep this about Gaming deals. That information would be more appropriate in the GTVM (Burn Notice) or SFF (Angel) forums.

14. Aragorn

Metroid Prime Trilogy for Wii is $30 at Fred Meyer this week if you have any around you.

15. Aragorn

Batman: Arkham Asylum

$20 gift card with purchase this week at Toys R Us.

On Tuesday only (Aug. 25) between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., if you're a Rewards R Us member, the gift card is $30.

16. PKerr

As some of you may or may not know the Xbox 360 has had another price drop.

The Elite has dropped $100.00 to $299.00
    The Pro (while they last) has dropped $50.00 to $249.00

Amazon has some pretty good bundles available.

Buy an Xbox 360 Elite, Get a Digital 12+1 Month Xbox LIVE Subscription free.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_85203411_3&docId=1000420621

Xbox 360 Elite Halo 3 / Fable 2 Bundle $299.99
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0026GQ8WA/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

Xbox Pro 60GB w/Free Halo 3, Fable 2, or Halo Wars $249.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_85203411_3&docId=1000420621

Xbox 360 Arcade w/Free Banjo Kazooie or Lost Odyssey $199.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=amb_link_85203291_3&docId=1000420621

17. PKerr

18. PKerr

19. Aragorn

Tales of Vesperia for the 360 is Amazon's video game deal of the day today (Aug. 29) for $14.98.

20. Aragorn

This week at Best Buy, 360 games are buy one, get one 50% off as long as it's $79.99 or lower for in-stock games.

But online, this sale applies to a bunch of preorders too! So if you want, you can get Assassin's Creed II, Modern Warfare 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Halo 3: ODST, Tekken 6... or if you're super patient, BioShock 2.