Timecop: The TV Show... MY EYES! MY EYES!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Guy Gardener, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only 9 episodes.

Wow.

I remember it so vividly from 15 years ago, but what truly surprised me is my spit-take upon seeing the hero: "Holy shit it's Andy from Charmed!!!"

Next was the laughter I produced when they claim that 2007 is the distant neverneverland future where from Timetravel is possible.

I'm half way through the second episode and so far it's not too horrible.

2. spooky spice

spooky spice Commander Red Shirt

I liked the movie, didn't know they'd made a TV show.

And Andy was in it?! :sigh:

3. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

they made a sequel, too.

4. Guy Gardener

The male lead.

The only lead.

He plays a most excellent Han Solo.

There's something wiggy about the wardrobe department from Charmed which made everyone look bizarre, because all their clothing was maybe three sizes too small.

I'm half way through and I think there was a break in production since the tone and gravity seems off from what has become before, but 3 of the first four episodes were about an evil leaper form the future, a more more distant future responsible for the fabric of the present these time cops are protecting, duelling with our hero.

But then in episode 5 some evil bastard gave Hitler the bomb.

How they strapped it onto an advanced V2 Rocket was reminiscent of what they did in Galactica 1980 except it was a little more feasible.

feasible.

**grumble**

What sort of escapist world are we living in where we can compare, contrast and rate different time travelling Nazis?

My god.

There's a kid right now in episode 6 comparing Top Gun to Star Wars.

"An f16 is a superior fighter to the mig. Anyone in an f16 could have saved the day in Top Gun, but Han was flying a piece of junk with a monkey screamnig in his ear the whole time, and he took out half the imperial navy. A superior man will beat out a superior machine every time, Greedo would have shot Goose and Maverick dead before they even left the Cantina in the first movie."

Now, THAT'S what I call writing.

5. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I remember the 'Who are you supose to be? jean Luc picard?' line from that show, but thats all I remember. lol

6. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Damn, now I have to track down this show and finally watch it straight through. I'm having flashbacks to the "future tech" vault when they'd encounter tech from beyond their present.

And I always thought it was odd that they couldn't travel uptime themselves, but those uptime to their present could.

7. TremblingBluStar

TremblingBluStar Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

I watched a few episodes when Scifi would show it years ago, and he was easily the best part of the show. I had no idea there were only 9 episodes!

8. Guy Gardener

The last episode has Bruce Campbell in it as a fellow Time Cop and they have a buddy adventure.

Then of course Ron Livingston as Elliot Ness was a delight.

In my final evaluation, despite the awful uniform, and bad fake science...

Better than Time Trax.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  9. Captain Mike

Captain Mike Commodore Commodore

Wasn't Don Stroud in it? The guy played Bob on "The 70's Show" and was Nickie "the Nose" in FC???
    EDIT : That is Don Stark...my bad!

10. Valin

Valin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know about that. "Time Trax" had the sexy Mia Sara (who played in the film "Time Cop") in it.

11. Guy Gardener

In two out of 44 episodes.

She died half way through the pilot and then played her great great grandmother the cop for the rest or the episode, and then had another because she's special.

(Is that counting the pilot as two episodes? So it might have been three sort of.)

It must have been difficult to convince American Actors on Holiday in Australia to stay on holiday for a little longer to film a couple more episodes to constitute a story arc.

12. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, so after seeing your thread here. I managed to track down all 9 episodes of Timecop: The Series.

I have to say, TV of the era was so cheesy. I was having Lois & Clark flashbacks. (from the later seasons)

The other thing I noticed was that the show was in production limbo early on and episodes aired out of order both production order & story order.

Hemmings would go back on a mission, then another, then she'd go on her "first" mission back through time....

The episode "Rocket Science" was obviously the pilot which was later rejiggered and re-dubbed for airing.

And to top it all off, it seems like the very last episode of the series should probably have been the first regular episode after the pilot.

Despite all of that nonsense. I still enjoyed the show and agree that it was better than TimeTrax (Despite both shows never bothering to explain the contradictions)

I mean come on. "Someone is buying my company in 1997 because I saw the computer screen change logos?" Really? It was like people could remember both timelines.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ That makes more sense than the disappearing sleds in the film.

14. Guy Gardener

It's weird on the show but we see them send empty sleds through the time/space membrane (not their words) to collect time cops.

In the second movie they use what looks like a dentists chair with bondage restraints, and then they jab the time cop full of drugs.

15. cb31

cb31 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I thought it was a pretty good show, absolutely better than the 2nd Timecop movie with Jason Scott Lee! I don't know about it being better than Time Trax though, I always enjoyed that show as well.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I suppose that could work in the film as well. It would have been nice to have an explanation to that effect, though.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Believe it or not, there were a handful of tie-in novels, mostly published after the show was cancelled . . . .

18. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

I enjoyed it, actually.

19. ReadyAndWilling

ReadyAndWilling Fleet Captain

i remember this very vaguely. i'll try and check it out.