Halo 3: ODST Remastered

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Servo, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Back in December it was announced that, as an apology for the buggy multiplayer in The Master Chief Collection, anyone who bought and played the game before 19/12/2014 would be receiving a remastered version of the Halo 3: ODST campaign free of charge, along with a remastered Halo 2 MP map, Relic.

No specific date was given, just that it would be sometime in the Spring of 2015, so it can't be too far away, fingers crossed. Unfortunately, 343 haven't confirmed whether anyone who didn't play before the above date will be able to purchase it, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't available on Xbox Marketplace at some point.

Polygon ran an article last month which showed a screenshot of the ODST campaign, and a then/now comparison of the MP map.

I remember playing ODST on the 360, and I really enjoyed it, despite not being blown away by Halo 3 initially, so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on it and blasting through it again.

Anyone else looking forward to this?

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

ODST is my favorite Halo game next to Reach and the original.

I'm among those who will get the Remaster for free, and I'm looking forward to replaying the campaign in co-op yet again with the fiancé.

[​IMG]

ETA: Almost forgot about the Relic remake. What a great, beautiful map. So hype!

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

So what you're saying is Halo 3 ODST your third favourite of 6 games? I played all of the Halo games but I have to say 2, 3 and 4 where underwhelming, I did like ODST and Reach though.

4. Servo

I'd have to say that Reach and ODST are my two favourites by a long way.

5. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's more like ODST and Reach are tied for second place. :D The original remains unrivaled.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Boy, I'm surprised to hear the good word about ODST. I was extremely disappointed with it back in the day.

7. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Agreed wholeheartedly.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ People here have good taste in Halo games :techman:

9. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've still not popped Reach into my 360 for a play, but I really enjoyed ODST. Not least because of absence of the Flood.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Reach was orgasmic for me as a Halo lore fanboy. The Fall of Reach is still the best Halo novel to me*, and getting to witness part of it was pretty mindblowing.

*(caveat: I stopped reading them after the fifth? one or so)

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  11. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In terms of lore and settings, The Fall of Reach probably was the best, or at least most important.

Though the recent ebook-only short novel, New Blood, was awesome. It's told in first-person POV by Nathan Fillion's character from ODST, and the rest of the surviving ODST characters feature in it too. The only bad thing that I have to say about it is that Fillion didn't read the audiobook.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

That sounds awesome, I'll have to check it out.

13. Servo

Woke up this morning to a new message notification from Xbox Live, which contained a code to download ODST. Downloading as we speak. Guess I know what I'm doing with my weekend now.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

ODST Remaster achievements are popping up all over my activity feed already.

15. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Knowing that Nathan Fillion is back as Gunnery Sgt Buck has me all giddy and flying all over the place!

Behold:
    [​IMG]

16. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Bam said the lady, that looks freaking awesome! I wasn't even sure at first it was from the game or a high-quality collectible. Even though it's probably just from a cutscene, that's still some incredible detail. :techman:

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's also very flattering to an aged Nathan Fillion.

(thank you, based video game graphics)

18. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

That is a pretty good likeness.

I remember when I played "Beyond: Two Souls" and "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare", the in-game representations of Ellen Page (phwoaaarrrr), Willem DaFoe (both in B:TS), and Kevin Spacey (in CoD:AW) were stunning. There were times I had to take a double-take to see if what I was watching was "live or Memorex" so to speak. :)