So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

"Mudd In Your Eye" - it's been a while and watching some TOS blu has put me in the mood.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished the third book in Kim Harrison's The Hollows series, Dead Witch Walking, last night.

3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I finished Foundation by Issac Asimov. It was ok. It had some interesting ideas and a few interesting ideas, and it kept my attention. I wasn't a huge fan of the fact that it couldn't find one character to stick with through the whole book, and the psycho history is pretty stupid, but i9t was a decent book. I'm not quite sure what to read next. I have more Sci Fi and fantasy books that I bought last month, and I'm also waiting for the next book in Star Trek: The Fall series.

4. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I listened to the abridged audio reading of Star Trek The Lost Years (there is no unabridged reading at this time). It had enough high points to make me curious to read the book for the whole story at some point. Interesting issues touching on the ancient past of Vulcan and Surak. There's an odd plot point about Spock being pissy because Kirk told him he was going to resign from Starfleet, so Spock resigned and started his Kohlinar (sp?) training, only to find out Kirk took the promotion to Admiral after all. Spock in general seems hurt over Kirk suggesting him for a promotion to Captain and generally moving on to life without Spock and the Enterprise. It has really slashy subtext.

5. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Finished From History's Shadow this morning. Slow starter but reached a point where I couldn't put it down. I liked this a lot.

I just started The Poisoned Chalice and I'm already 100 pages into it. Even though I had some issues with the first book in the series, I'm really digging The Fall.

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading Moonrise by Ben Bova. I just finished reading The company of the dead by David Kowalski.

7. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just wrote my review of Peter David's classic TNG novel, Imzadi.

Currently reading DS9: Mission Gamma, Book Two: This Gray Spirit by Heather Jarman.

8. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I finished the Phoenix Conspiracy by Richard Sanders last night.

9. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    It's taken me two weeks but i've finally got through all 1100+ pages of 'It' by Stephen King. Although overall it's an ok book it is nowhere near the classic novel it's made to be. It could do with losing 300 pages too.

10. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

Raise the dawn

11. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

A got a lot of Star Trek books recently at a Goodwill, so I've got a lot of stuff to read. I just finished Q-In-Law by Peter David. He's an awesome author, and I really like Q. The book itself was pretty good. It had a few flaws, though. I think Q came off as a bit too outright vindictive for no real reason when it comes to what he did. I know its set pretty early in TNG, and the book came out in 1991, but Q's actions just seemed a bit out of character. Still, there were a lot of great moments, and it was a good book overall.

What I read next is a hard choice, but I think I'm going with Infiltrator (TNG #42) then Star Trek TNG - Section 31: Rogue.

12. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

VOY novel Ghost Of A Chance.

13. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

I'm reading Pawns Of War . . . again. I like John Byrne's work - easily the class of IDW's Star Trek stable.
    I'm looking forward to picking up his new work, Strange New Worlds (Star Trek Annual 2013); which will immediately go to the top of the reading list.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I finished up the story I was reading in the Urban Fantasy anthology Dark and Stormy Knights, and started Oaths, the 4th ST:SCE novella in the fourth paperback collection, No Surrender, and the 16th overall.

15. Kertrats47

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Finished The Fall: The Crimson Shadow (which was excellent) the other day. Now I'm working my way through A Ceremony of Losses. :techman:

17. Kertrats47

18. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Despite being distracted by lots of Tor manuscripts, I finally finished The Witches of East End. It was interesting to see how the TV show ransacked the original novel for story ideas, while often going in very different ways with them. And it's funny; I kept visualizing the actors from the TV show, even though the physical descriptions of the characters were often very different in the book . . . .

19. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Star trek The Crimson shadow by Una McCormack

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Earlier today I added Spider-Man: Brand New Day Volume 1 to the stuff I'm reading.