What would you have done?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Rennick, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Rennick

Rennick Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I often find myself day-dreaming to plots that I would like to have seen on Enterprise.

I do this to relieve stress. I scribble down things: plots, encounters, characters, etc.

I also like to hear what other fans would like to have seen done on the show. So tell me, what would you have done?

2. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

I would love to have seen the Romulan war.

3. Rennick

If Enterprise did the Romulan War, then how many ships would like be employed?

Would they only be NX class ships?

I like to imagine the scenario with four or so NX class ships, along with a joint Vulcan-Andorian fleet.

Having fewer ships, in my opinion, adds a nice level of direness to the situation, which makes the eventual victory all the sweeter.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The rescue (or attempted rescue) of the "real" ECS Kobayashi Maru. The thing that inspired the famous unwinable test seen in Wrath of Khan and Star Trek. The only problem is how they manage to survive... it'd have to be something pretty special.

5. Rennick

I had never thought of that -- that is genius.

You've got my head in a buzz, trying to come up different ideas for how that could have happened.

6. Mister Spock

Mister Spock Commander Red Shirt

I liked the idea of bringing Commander Shran aboard Enterprise full time.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed. That would actually have happened, if the show had made it to a fifth season. I always wondered what role Shran would have fulfilled. Leader of the ship's MACOS, maybe?

8. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting thought really....
    It's always called the Earth-Romulan War, but Earth had only a handfull of actual starship by then, according to ENT. So how could they fight of fleets of Romulans? With the help of the Coalition according to ENT. But, it wouldn't really be the Earth-Romulan War then, would it? More like the Coalition-Romulan War.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Die Hard in a restaurant.

10. Guy Gardener

Earth had lots of ships that could go Warp one and they had a staggering amount of ships that were sub light. The Closer the Romulans got to earth the more Earthican Forces it would have to deal with.

11. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What I would have done is bring back the FUN of The Original Series.

12. Rennick

This sounds insignificant, but I would like to see them flesh out the role of Commodore more.

I've only heard it referenced a couple of times in all of Star Trek, and would like to see the ranks actual function.

Something between a Captain and an Admiral, and has executive powers in times of crisis, able to command a Starship over the Captain, if the situation calls for it?

13. Rennick

Leading the MACOs seems likely.

I can't see him sharing any duties with Reed.

14. Guy Gardener

The M.A.C.O.'s at some point would have been difficultly assimilated into Starfleet.

If they weren't assimilated, then the Romulans got in a lucky shot and killed almost all of M.A.C.O.s in one shot, and it seemed daunting to rebuild them from nothing... Or they could have defected?

Where did they go?

15. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

I would have had difficulty working with Shran becoming Archers underling. His experience and knowledge was too great. Otoh I could see him as a strategic attache or special envoy. What I would like to see is the formation of a coalition fleet which would include Shran.

I might still call it an Earth-Romulus war if the primary theater were around earth space and other powers were inconsistent in their support. Indeed it seemed that the Romulans had become aware that Earth was the primary threat to their plans.

16. Guy Gardener

Becuase Humans build communities?

17. Bad Thoughts

I might have liked to see more real aftermath of the Temporal War by following up with Enterprise being dragged into a Suliban Civil War.

18. Bad Thoughts

Yes, in part. However, it should not have taken long to realize that Earth was central to foiling unification and that it is the weakest of the regional powers.

19. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would have liked to see the NX-01 refit on screen.

20. Guy Gardener

Earth's weakness, it's lack of arrogance and capacity to suck up to get their hands on better tech was perhaps what they most brought to the table.

the Network forced the war on Berman, and then forced the resolution on Berman becuase "You're not doing it right! Why arn't you doing it right!? Oh just stop, stop even pretending to try you muppets!"

Meanwhile, if Archer was Future Guy, doesn't that mean that he was encouraging the civil war by being a super prick on purpose, and thus betraying his allies? He knew it was doomed and liked it that his forces where going to splinter and fade away.

A self cleaning weapon.