Babylon 5: The Gathering/In the Beginning

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by BruntFCA, Oct 5, 2012.

1. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If they find the first season crap, then Babylon 5 likely isn't their kind of show. Sorry, not buying "absolute sense."

2. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

...you might have missed the part where I said I probably would not have stuck with the show based on the first season.

Obviously if I'm arguing for the value of the AV Club's approach, I must be someone who thinks the series improved later on and that watching the show was not a complete waste of time.

So I do not follow where your problem is.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I don't know why, because I enjoyed B5 S1, for the most part, from the get go, but, yea, S1 is struggle for alot of people to get through. There were a few episodes in S1, I didn't care for in first run (most of them I found a new appreciation for on rewatches, being able to see how they fit into the picture as a whole, and being able to seperate A stories that weren't so good from B stories that were [IE: TKO for instance])

4. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am finishing a ds9 run then i am going on a B5 run and finishing out. I got worn down by the telepath arc, as it was the worse bit of B5.

5. JoeD80

JoeD80 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Pretty sure I iterated it above already. Just because the later seasons are better doesn't negate the quality of the first season. Anything else I say is me going around in circles again.