The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It probably happens more often than we think. :D

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Easter is a month away, but Hawkeye has already found something special in his nest...

[​IMG]

"What. The. Fuck? TASHA!!!"

Hulk decides to keep Clint's "babies" warm until Easter.

[​IMG]

3. cooleddie74

"Hulk Incubate! NURTURE!!!"

"Hulk want first one to hatch be girl!"

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well...the countdown is officially on until I finally get my hands on the Diamond Select Enterprise-E. The comic shop received their shipment today, one of them has been put on hold for me. I'll be going to pick it up on Saturday. I'll try and take and post of a pic of it. I'm really excited. A two and a half year wait is almost over :)

5. cooleddie74

Two and a half years? Wow, I couldn't imagine waiting that long on one collectible, but congratulations on reaching the finish line. I can't wait to see some photos of this beauty.

6. Admiral_Young

If I had extra cash on me...I'd pick up the Enterprise-B as well, but that's probably gonna have to wait a while. It's that gorgeous. Most of the delays are just waiting for Diamond Select/Art Aslyum to finish whatever alterations/sculpt changes/touch ups they were planning for the re-releases I think. It's been really annoying and frustrating for those of us waiting for these ships. I can hardly wait. LOL. I'm REALLY tempted to go tomorrow but am too busy to make the trip.

7. cooleddie74

I recently saw some pics of the Enterprise-B on Facebook, and it is one of the most gorgeous ships in her scale that I've ever seen. If I had the extra cash I'd buy one of her myself.

There's just something about the Excelsior-class variant that's irresistable.

8. Admiral_Young

I know what you mean. I think an Excelsior is being released as well? The two ships that fans from the line want the most seem to be the Enterprise C (I would buy it in a second, I love the Ambassador-Class) especially if they used Rachel Garrett...voice chip . (I've forgotten the actress who plays her now). They have Alan Ruck's voice for the Enterprise-B, which is pretty awesome, and of course the Defiant. Art Aslyum has been vague about both so far...telling us they don't know what future lines will be yet.

9. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally tracked down an Enterprise B a couple of days ago for a decent price. It shipped this morning. I have been looking forward to getting my hands on one for two years. From what I have seen it was well worth the wait. I promise to post some pictures when she gets here!

10. cooleddie74

Tricia O'Neil played Captain Rachel Garrett in case you were still wondering. She also played a Cardassian scientist visiting the Enterprise-D in the sixth season Beverly episode "Suspicions."

11. AstroSmurf

Actually it was a Klingon Scientist. She was the one that threw Beverly around the science lab when accused of killing the Ferengi scientist. :bolian:

12. cooleddie74

Oh, that's right, she was the Klingon. Thanks for correcting that.

13. AstroSmurf

^ I almost didn't but you would know I was not doing it to be a smart ass.

And just continuing the discussion of new Diamond Select ships, I would also like to get my hands on the Enterprise C and the Defiant. But the one piece I have been almost crazy to get for my "Collection" would be the Deep Space Nine station. The Playmates version sucked and no one has ever bothered doing a version of her since. I have even seriously entertained having someone build me a model of her (which would be like a $3000 investment) just to get her on my shelf. I would love to see what DS could do with her. I wouldn't mind seeing what they would do with a Runabout too.

Admiral_Young I had thought about picking up the Enterprise E but I am not sure I really need another one. I own the Bandai version and I actually love the size and the detailing on it. Once you pick yours up I would love to see some images of the DS version up close just to weigh my options.

I also need to snag the Bird of Prey and I am preordering their cutaway of the original Enterprise. DS keeps getting all my money!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  14. cooleddie74

Two new multipacks of "Star Tours" figures scheduled to be sold in Disney theme parks starting this summer. The Imperial Sky Trooper in the second set looks very cool. It's a shame they didn't sell him single-carded at mass retail, he'd be a good seller.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Admiral_Young

Tricia O'Neil!!!! That's right. Thanks Eddie!

@AstroSmurf...this is a new and improved Enterprise-E. They've basically corrected all the problems that fans were complaining about with the previous version, particularly the bad paint job. I've only seen one youtube review of it so far, and the dudes were practically giddy about it. I'll do my best to post a pic of it when I get it. If I find the youtube video of it I'll post that too.

16. cooleddie74

Didn't Playmates manufacture a Captain Rachel Garrett action figure in the '90s? I thought for sure she was one of the minor characters that got immortalized in 3.75" plastic form.

After all they made figures of Picard in his blue "Tapestry" uniform and Tom Paris as a mutated salamader thingy, so I always thought Captain Garrett was a no-brainer what with her being a captain of an Enterprise and all.

17. AstroSmurf

^ I about 98% sure they never made a Playmates version of Captain Garrett. I even checked some of my lists (since I own a good number of the Playmates line) and couldn't find any mention of her. They never did one for Captain Harriman either.

18. cooleddie74

Hmmm. That's odd. Oh well, oversights did happen in the old Playmates figure line.

19. AstroSmurf

You can say that again. They did about forty variations on Picard but never produced figures for Ezri Dax, Martok, Kai Winn, or Riker without his beard. Come to think of it, the didn't do a Brunt, Damar, or a Weyoun either. I could think of a dozen more from TNG they didn't do.

Go here for a complete release list: Memory Alpha

20. cooleddie74

Ugh, don't remind me. It was one of the reasons I stopped buying them.