Will Transformers 4 & 5 Shoot Back-to-Back?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Oct 18, 2011.

?

What Do You Think?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2012.
  1. Bring On Transformers 4 & 5 with Michael Bay

26.3%
  2. Re-Boot...all different producers, director & designs

36.8%
  3. Wut? lolz

36.8%
  1. Whofan

Whofan Fleet Captain

I wonder if Speilberg would do it...but he's never directed a sequel that wasn't to a film franchise he started, or in the stuff adapted from books, done the first one. Tyrese Gibson suggested Spielberg as a choice, but we'll see.

I could also see Joe Johnston (Captain America) or Stephen Summers (GI Joe-another Hasbro property-and the Mummy films).

One thing I'd like to see them get rid of is the 'macguffin'. TF1 had the Allspark, TF2 the Matrix and TF3 the moon stuff. I'd stop trying to make these films too much like Indiana Jones or National Treasure that way....it kind of made the backstories way too convulted and contradictory. (Although IDW has been trying to sort that out in their movie-based comics with some limited sucess).

Also the same could be said of the 'ancient transformers'-Sentinel Prime was too similar in MO to The Fallen IMO.

Also there's the question of how they're going to bring back all the Decepticons that got killed off. Granted, they did bring back dead Transformers before (Megatron and Prime in ROTF)...maybe they can make Megatron into Galvatron, his rebuilt (and even more insane) incarnation from the later seasons (and animated movie)? or even have Starscream's remains become Cyclonus or Scourge (Since outside of the toys Thundercracker or Skywarp were never introduced).

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

They don't need to bring back all the Deceptions or Autobots that were killed if they do another one though. There are plenty more characters Kruger and pluck from the mythos. The trouble is that they kind of limited themselves already by having Cybertron be a wasteland already in the films. Theoretically there could be all kinds of other TF's roaming and scattered about and on other of their colony worlds. That is if the TF's in the movie 'verse actually managed to colonize. I'd be in favour of rebooting the entire franchise. I don't know if Hasbro really wants to do that.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had forgotten he's romantically linked with Rosie Whatshername that replaced Megan Fox.

4. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh course If they got Welker just be warned his Megantron isn't screechy anymore.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My point was that if Unicron is the same character in all TF universes, they can just portray him as such. They already know how Unicron should act because we have seen it. He's planet-sized - that's the scale.

6. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

The Fallen's supposed to be the same in every universe too, but the movie one is different. so.... yeah...

7. Mr. Laser Beam

But what aging famous actor would do Unicron's voice this time? :D

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Clint Eastwood?

9. Mr. Laser Beam

I'm thinking Sean Connery...

10. Obiwanshinobi

I think people would confuse him with Jetfire. :lol:

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I look nothing like Sean Connery...wait, what? :shifty:

12. Obiwanshinobi

Are you the artist formerly known as Jetfire? And also I meant Jetfire from Revenge of the Fallen.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I will be Jetfire again after Halloween. :bolian:

As for voice of Unicron...Charlie Sheen. :p

[edit] I know. :lol:

[also] On Transformers Prime Unicron is voiced by John Noble.

14. Obiwanshinobi

speaking of which, how do you change your name anyways? I can't seem to find that option on the control panel. Do I ask a mod?

Ooh, John Noble, he would be great.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

16. Obiwanshinobi

Cool thanks

17. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Planet-sized is the problem. Have you ever tried to get into a fistfight with a planet? Personally, I can't even beat up Australia, and it's the smallest of the continents.

Interaction between a planet-sized transformer and a truck-sized transformer is just a bit difficult to film.

18. Obiwanshinobi

Well he could be a planet-sized mothership orbiting earth that has a smaller version of himself or a minion similar to Starscream or Shockwave come down to prep the planet to be consumed. They've changed a lot of characters around already, I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Unicron. And just so long they don't defeat him with a virus, I'll be cool with that.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I thought a previous thread determined that Unicron is the size needed for Plot?

So, if you need him Planet Sized, he is, if you need him Truck sized, he is.

20. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I still wanna a very slow-moving, quiet, humane sequel to DOTM in which survivors of the Chicago attack cope with PTSD, try to rebuild their city, mourn the loss of their friends and families, and, just maybe, find new loves of their own amidst the ashes and charred corpses. Maybe with some Bollywood-style dance numbers. Preferably starring Daniel Day-Lewis as a firefighter who lost his leg in the attack, but rediscovers happiness when his sister gives him a puppy.

In fact, there should be lots of puppies. Like, this many:

[​IMG]

[LEFT] IMAX 3D that and I'll show. :p
    [/LEFT]