Star Trek Season 2 on Blu Ray question

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Quimby, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Quimby

Quimby Lieutenant Red Shirt

Anyone know why Season 2 and only Season 2 of Star Trek on Blu Ray seems to be out of print? I received Seasons 1 and 3 as gifts recently and when I went to Amazon to get Season 2 I found that while the other two are available like normal, Season 2 was only available from Amazon through their re-sellers. Anyone have any idea why?

2. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Season 3 was never even released at all here in Australia, so I am beginning to suspect that the TOS Blu Ray releases weren't very successful.

Hard to imagine isn't it? :eek:

Given the shocking state of the world economy, maybe this Blu Ray release was a bit too soon after the DVD releases to justify many people taking the double dip.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry, you can bet they'll be repackaged and re-released again in the next few years.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Best Buy is still carrying season two, and Amazon is carrying the box set of all three seasons on Blu-Ray. Not sure why they don't have season two available at the moment.

4. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

It probably just means Amazon.com is out of stock at the moment.

5. Scrambo

Scrambo Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have to say in shops its been hard finding the tos season 2 and there arent many tos season 1 dotted round either.

But yes it prob just means they are out of stock for now possibly?