STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

I also tried inviting you. Before you attempt to call us out, how about fixing whatever's going wrong on your side? You're either IN a fleet already, or have some other invitation holding this up.

Problem isn't on our side...

2. fyre

fyre Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Okay, that's completely my fault. I apologize for any inferred anger on my part, I was frustrated and thinking I was being ignored. I just resumed playing the game again after a long absence and I did not know that I could not be asked into another fleet while I was already in a fleet.

The fleet I used to belong to had disbanded and I was the only person left. I just left that fleet and would humbly ask to join the TrekBBS Armada.

Thank you,

fyre
    Mustard Tiger@TerokNorCal

3. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ok, question. I have a growing pile of contraband and I'm not sure what I can use it for. Should I save them for the Starbase or is there something I'm missing with them?

4. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You an turn five at a time into the security officer for dilithium.

5. Uncle Sol

Uncle Sol Commander Red Shirt

You should be able to turn it over to Security in a DoFF assignment. Security officers are on every base. The Klingons can do the same at there base and you get a nice dilithium reward for doing it.

6. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ok, great, thanks. :techman:

7. fyre

fyre Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Also, if you don't want dilithium, they are selling for quite a premium on the exchange.

8. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I am sorry that I have not been so much in the game in the past week or so:), though I have tried to contribute at least somethings for both of the starbases.

I guess I just needed a small break from the fleet missions..and I had some other stuff I wanted to do.
    Not going anywhere from the game though:cool: and I try to be more active again.

9. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

No worries. I've always advocated that base building more like a team-based marathon. It is important to take a break when contributing to the base starts feeling like a chore.

10. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey all

For anyone that's online, anyone fancy working on a 'clean slate' storyline with me?

Been wanting to do this for a while... we all start afresh, new characters, and run through from the start together...

Could be fun... hopefully we could get a tactical, science and engineering trifecta in the team :)

Anyone up for it?

M

11. intrinsical

I noticed someone changed the military provisioning project which I queued. I don't really have much problem with that as the starbase is a communal resource and I understand the urge to rush-build the tier 2 starbase and shipyard. However, I would like to point out why I have only been queuing provisioning fleet ship and provisioning personal equipment projects at the starbase.

For me, it boils down to the fact that it is a lot cheaper to stock up on provisions at Tier I while the cost is at its cheapest.

As you can see in the table below, a Tier 1 shipyard provisions 5 ships while Tier 3 shipyard doubles the number of ships provisioned to 9 ships at triple the cost. Science and engineering provisioning are important too, as they control how many ship weapons, deflectors, impulse engines, ship shields, personal shields, personal armor and personal weapons we can buy. And like ship provisioning, provisioning costs also increase as we grow in tier with diminished returns.

[​IMG]

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Which is retarded to say the least. Since the quality of the provisions doesn'tchange, the number you get should increase, so it is more difficult to get then, but reflects the effort pit into achieving them.

13. intrinsical

Yes it is retarded, but that is the way Cryptic designed it.

So the optimal thing to do is to provision as much as we can while we are low tier so we won't need to waste huge amounts of resources provisioning at higher tiers.

Another reason to do provisioning projects is because the 1000xp projects require a large quantity of duty officers. Traditionally when we do these duty officer heavy projects we always get stuck for weeks trying to scrounge up enough duty officers. Ever since we switched to purely provisioning projects, we have been able to complete them swiftly and our military/engineering/science xp has increased dramatically.

14. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm starting to see it as a way to get rid of excess crap my character has accumulated as a way of donating a good cause.

I mean by this point since I maxed out crafting and am level 50 I only need data samples for schematics and admiral gear, so all the in-between stuff can go so I can free up my bank slots.

And seeing as I have my crew where I want it I don't need the over 1,000,000 expertise I have stocked up so I'm happy to but that towards fleet projects.

In fact I think we may want to start seeing what stuff we have in the fleet bank can go into fleet projects if its just taking up bank space.

15. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or start putting it up on the exchange to generate EC to buy needed DOFFs.

16. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, should cycle some of the stuff in the bank, anyway. A good amount of it is getting stale, and doesn't move around much. Sell off some of it in favor of needed Starbase projects, or at least new and interesting stuff for the bank...

17. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

18. intrinsical

Its the Enterprise, every single last one including the sailing ship and the space shuttle. What more needs to be said?

19. NAHTMMM

NAHTMMM Commodore Commodore

Looks great to me!

20. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mike@mikestretton

Please be gentle.

I am Captain - level 37, commanding a Galaxy class that lets me down against Romulan Warbirds. I have a KDF character that I have never used. I have only ever done individual missions/episodes in this game because I do not have the knowledge to do Fleet actions or anything else. I am willing to learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.