Your favorite "Trek" finale season

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Joe Washington, Feb 28, 2012.

?

Take your pick

1. TOS Season 3

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. TNG Season 7

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. VOY Season 7

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. DS9 Season 7

28 vote(s)
    53.8%
  5. ENT Season 4

12 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Which is your favorite Star Trek finale season?

2. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

lol FIRST! :) While the finale of TNG was great, the final season was not. I have to go with DS9 on this one.

3. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

I find it difficult to decide; it has been ages since I've last seen these episodes. I don't think I have re-watched any of them. Finales tend to make me all teary.

Did the Voyager crew get home in the end?

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Had to go with DSN in order it would have been

DSN
    ENT (It was finally starting to be the show it should have been from day 1)
    VOY
    TNG
    TOS

TNG had a good final episode and their was a few decent episodes in that final season, but overall it was far from what the show was at it's hieght. as for TOS aside from a few gems it was a lacklustre third year for various reasons.

5. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    DS9

not much competition here, since other than ENT's, most of the other shows' finale seasons were among the worst of their respective runs.

6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9. It benefitted from the story arc of the Dominion War, of course. I will say that as much as it doesn't get a lot of respect, I thought the final season of Enterprise was pretty good. I almost voted for that, but DS9 really just outshined them. Had Enterprise's other seasons been as good as season 4 (or even 3), the show would have lasted longer.

7. BlueStuff

BlueStuff Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9. This is a very easy question. The final season was among the very best of the shows run.

8. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

No contest really. TNG 7 was quite uninspired. I still enjoy much of TOS 3, but it's very inconsistent and a clear step down from what had come before. VOY was crap and ENT, while being a bit better than it's previous efforts was still watered down UPN nonsense. DS9 is the one and only stand-out.

9. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gah, thought it meant the final ep and voted accordingly. But then I noticed some people actually voted for ENT which means the question could not possibly be about the finale itself.

10. Miss Lemon

Miss Lemon Commodore Commodore

That's what I thought as well. :borg:

DS9 it is then.

11. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I don't think the word "finale" is correct in the OP; it should have been simply "final season" instead.

12. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Indeed.

13. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

I thought that also. Was thinking about voting for TNG, as I loved the episode "All Good Things"

But went for DS9, as I loved how it ended, and how in that final season how everything was tired up.

14. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Commander

I have to go with DS9 with TNG a close second, and I hope we are talking about the televised finale, and not including Nemesis or TUC.

DS9 is a true finale, as it resolves almost every story arc, at least the ones that had not been resolved by that point. It is a true end to the DS9 story with the fate of Sisko left as a question. Too bad it was never revisited on screen, but at least the dialogue establishes he does plan to return.

TNG's finale was also great, but it doesn't really resolve the show...but then again it wasn't meant to. Seeing an alternate future, and revisiting the Q trial was a great concept and for its time, was ground breaking and innovative. And had that been the true end of the TNG story, it would have been great. Unfortunately, for me, Genesis and Nemesis both tarnish All Good things for me. FC and Insurrection are self contained enough that they don't, and besides having the Enterprise E, the stories were written in a way where they could have almost could have taken place during the run of the show. Genesis, besides being responsible for the death of Kirk (lame!), also was responsible for the death of Enterprise-D (also, lame!), That right there throws the monkey wrench into the possibility of its refit as seen in AGT. Nemesis, for obvious reasons (has it truly almost been 10 years, now since its release??!!) just gives the TNG cast a horrible send off. The only good thing that came out of it for me was Riker and Troi's resolution, in that they finally marry and Riker finally gets a command.

The reason I didn't pic the others:

TOS: Unless you are counting TUC, TOS never had a finale. It was just cancelled.

VOY: It really ended with no surprise...they get home. But because time travel is involved, and an alternate future, it just seemed like it was taking a page from the book of the TNG finale. I enjoyed it, but it just didn't seem as fresh and ground breaking, as TNG or DS9 finale. Maybe that is a microcosm and summary of the entire show? I don't know.

ENT: And finally, we have These are the Voyages. People actually picked this one? I suppose it really is just personal preference but, really? REALLY?????? Ugh, in my eyes, that was THE WORST idea for a finale, EVAR! Terra Prime was the true finale for ENT as far as I am concerned. I mean who's idea was it to bring in Fat Riker and Aging Troi for this, as if it is going on at the same time frame as the episode Pegasus, when they are clearly 11 years older? It MIGHT have worked as a generic episode, but as a finale??? The whole thing just smacks as an excuse for Frakes to insert himself into the show, just so he can say he was on all the shows, except TOS.

And, in the episode of The Pegasus, Riker is supposedly struggling with a decision that's about to impact the fate of Federation-Romulan relations and how it is going to impact his career, and he runs off to the holo-deck for a few hours, to re-enact the ENT crews final mission before the federation charter is signed? That's is bizarre. What if the viewer hadn't seen TNG or the Pegasus episode, either? They wouldn't get the reference.

Not to mention that it short changes the ENT cast, it isn't a finale for them, but relegates the last episode of ENT to actually being a TNG episode, and a sequel to a mediocre TNG episode, at that. TATV was a FAIL all the way around.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

The poll is about the entire final season, not just the final episode. Using "finale" in the thread title was probably a poor choice, as it seems to have led to some confusion.

Anyway, I decided to vote for DS9, with ENT a fairly close second.

16. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While I agree with anti-TATV sentiment, I should point out what the question was.

17. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Commander

This one?

Excuse my dyslexia, but the typo also confused me there. If it had read FINAL season, I would have been more clear.

In that light, I "ranke" :P the seasons as such:
    DS9
    ENT
    TNG
    TOS
    VOY

18. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I voted DS9. Season Seven - and indeed, the series as a whole - is criminally over-rated, but (as a huge TNG fan) I was disappointed with TNG season 7 and didn't like much of TOS, so that leaves me with DS9!

(Note; I have never seen Voyager beyond season 2 or any of Enterprise, so can't comment on those final seasons)

19. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've done it myself from time-to-time. Get psyched up for a response, by what I understand the question to be. When on top of the thread index, the last word gets knocked off since there's only so much room. Removing just one word can change the whole meaning. :)

20. Alienesse

Alienesse Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Voted for ENT's season 4. With the exception of the disappointing (to put it mildly) TATV, they had an excellent run.