The Trek-llennium Falcon

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Mar 13, 2013.

1. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The ship from the latest trailer, seen being chased by the bird-of-prey and sort-of fitting between gigantic structures on (I assume) Qo'nos.

It's been compared to the Millenium Falcon quite a bit, and although that was likely a huge influence, I think the design actually looks a lot more like this unused Starfleet scout ship design from The Animated Series. Could it be an Enterprise scout ship/oversized shuttle? Those console graphics look very much like the ones in TOS.

What were your thoughts? Like/hate/indifferent?

2. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I guess I am indifferent. It didn't grab me nor did I hate it. I am neutral.

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I'm not really getting why, to be honest—I didn't think it even looked that much like the slightly Millennium Falcon-ish Jupiter II which someone mentioned (from the Lost in Space movie)— but now that I've mentioned it I'm sure someone will step forward to explain.

4. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It could always be another Captain's Yacht.

I'm indifferent too really. But I'm sure you could make the case that DS9's Defiant was an attempt to purposely come up with a ship as cool as the Millennium Falcon.

Is it a Starfleet or a Klingon ship? A civilian one maybe, if they're undercover? Yes, I'll wait and see.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

My first thought was a civilian craft, since Kirk, Spock and Uhura appear to have gone rogue or undercover or something. But those consoles behind Kirk and Spock look so much like the blinking coloured squares of The Original Series that I've gotta assume it's a Starfleet craft. They likely "borrowed" it.

6. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Pretty much indifferent at this point, although after seeing the film that may change. I'm sure we'll see a lot more of it there and I am also quite sure that someone (Art Asylum maybe) will make a toy of it. I'll buy it, of course, and have it up alongside the rest of the ships.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well there seems to be a scene in STID not entirely unlike the one in ROTJ when the MF gets its dish knocked off flying into the DSII; tight squeeze and all. Maybe that's got something to do with the Falcon comparison.

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The ship from the Lost in Space movie was my first thought as well.