The Event: "Pilot" - Sept. 20 on NBC - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aragorn, Sep 20, 2010.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

8.2%
  2. Above average

30.6%
  3. Average

32.7%
  4. Below average

20.4%
  5. Poor

8.2%
  1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was like they were trying to do a parody of Lost - sorry, you're not allowed to do a flashback to a flashback. Union rules or something.

Time travel, aliens, alternative reality - all bad, overused options. Hopefully it's something else. Even clones would be preferable.

2. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

If there are no such union rules, there ought to be! :techman:

3. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

Yep, interesting... There most definitely is some kind of WWII connection. Perhaps the 'space nazi' idea is not so far-fetched after all??? :D Is there perhaps a 'Philadelphia experiment' connection?

As for couple chemistry, I think the two actors (the young couple) actually have pretty good chemistry. In general the cast of this show seems pretty good - With the possible exception of Sophie. So far her voice really grates me and she seems too bland.

4. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

C'mon, you were clearly pointing it at him. You quoted him and then said 'you'.

5. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cant we all get along? Hows this, when the season is over or it gets cancelled, can someone reedit the episodes and put everything in order and then i will watch the show. Sound good everyone?

6. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

As the age of the internet increases, negativity will eventually rise to the point where even light cannot escape. ;)

7. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No im being honest here. I cant stand flashbacks or shows that open up with someone thing happening and then go 2hrs earlier. Just put the stuff in order and i watch it. Gosh can you imagen if they did this to "V"?

8. Greylock Crescent

Greylock Crescent Adventurer Admiral

Heh ... if the next few episodes are as bad as the pilot, no one will have to worry about my discussing them. :p

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  9. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

It's one of those things where I felt kind of confused while watching, then once the episode was done I found that I could follow what happened, so there wasn't any need to use the flashbacks taht much.
    It's a little like those fantasy novels that have a cast of hundreds and many maps at the front. It can feel daunting when you first pick up the book...but after you're done one of the books you realize you weren't lost at all. I feel that way about Martin's Song of Ice & Fire series, easy to follow but overwhelming when you first look at it.
    Not that I'm comparing those books and "The Event" but that the audience may be needlesly confused by flashbacks.

10. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    Yeah... the event will be concerning all those lights the wwii flyboys claim to have spotted...

Strange Company - Military Encounters with UFOs in WWII
    http://www.forteantimes.com/reviews...ny_military_encounters_with_ufos_in_wwii.html

11. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

You know, if you insist on repeatedly making stupid comments unrelated to the show in response to my posts in here, at least get the facts straight. I said; right in the post that you're quoting above, that it wasn't "just directed at him." As in, it was directed at him and at other people who do the same thing.

Any other shit you want to make up to try and score some points here? Because you've tried and failed twice and obviously suck at this. Just stick with discussing the show, champ.

12. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

No, this was the post of yours.
    I've discussed the show already, I'm not trying to score points, I just didn't think you were being very nice.

13. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Present Day

I just finished watching the pilot.

8 Days ago

I programmed my DVR to record.

11 minutes ago

I tried to remember what happened 7 hours ago.

7 hours ago

Nothing happened.

Present Day

I delete next week's programmed recording.

14. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I don't find it very nice to complain about people having a negative opinion on a new show in a discussion thread. I don't find it nice to complain about the length of someone's post in a discussion thread. I don't find it very nice to say that post looked like it was being made out of spite, as if I could have spite against a TV show. The prior two things you defended, and the last you said yourself to cause trouble.

Now, I'm done wasting my time responding to your bullshit. I came here to discuss the show, not all these fucking side issues you keep bringing up and defending.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

30 Seconds Ago

I lol'd. :lol:

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

If anyone cares, it's reairing Saturday on NBC and USA.

Actually, it looks like I was wrong. :(

Whoever posted the video mistakenly IDed her as Taylor Cole.

You would've seen her from Heroes or Summerland or a bunch of guest star roles (Numbers, CSI: Miami, Supernatural, or as a hooker on NCIS).

17. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah... In that case, it was Heroes.

18. Tyson

Tyson Fleet Captain

HOLY SHIT

Watch this show about a thing that happened! Continue watching so that eventually you might find out what that thing is! Nevermind the flashbacks, keep watching! It's a mystery and you wanna know what happens, don't you?!

This show is crap, the people that made it should hang themselves.

19. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

This was funny. I laughed. Thanks.

20. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Didn;t know this thread was here, revived a thread in Media to talk about it. We're getting the 2nd ep in AUstralia this week.

After 15 min of ep 1 I thought this is not for me, I've spent too much time in too many series (Lost, Flashforward, Heroes, etc) for shitty/no payoff What irritated me the most was the guy running around going "OMG! OMG! What's going on!?" Got old quickly.

That said, I'll watch the start of this week to see how it goes. And my son thinks it's okay, which is not a bit of a thumbs up.