Breaking Bad Final Half Season

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Chuck Finley, Aug 6, 2013.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Well.. if the cops would analyze the money bundles they would find Jesse's fingerprints on them.. game over. He can't explain where the money came from and even if the cops wouldn't be able to charge him for something (i guess it isn't illegal to throw money around) the IRS would sure love to talk to Jesse about the money given that he had no registered job for the last few years, if ever.

I don't see Lydia being treated any differently, she's just a way more cowardly Walter White version and after the shootout in the desert has at least as much to answer for as Walter (doesn't matter that "only" some drug dealers were killed).

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Lydia and Walt are equally amoral but they're totally different characters. Lydia is extremely risk averse and hands off, preferring to hide in the shadows where everybody else does the dirty work. Walt is emotional and cares more about pride than money.

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

That's not what an anticlimax is. An anticlimax would involve the first scene of the next episode to have Jesse stop going apeshit nuts, call Walt, apologize, and become his best buddy again. Or some other disappointing result along those lines.

If, instead, someone shows up and stops him but raises the stakes even higher (he's not going to commit murder again unless its Walt, but just imagine the results if he meets Junior and tells him all about his dad), or he stops himself and decides to go with another strategy to get back at Walt that even more nuts, or any other number of possibilities, then it won't be anticlimactic at all.

You mean besides having tits, being passive, being hands-off and relying on others to do all the heavy lifting, and all around being absolutely nothing like Walt? I dunno. What a strange reason any of those are for her being treated differently.

Walter has been tempted but resisted. And what's wrong with people not being portrayed as horndogs? Not everyone is like that, and Walt's entire self-rationalization for everything he's done is to keep his family together.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

When Hank was reaching for Jesse's seatbelt, I thought he was going to hug him the way he did with Skyler. :lol: I'm sure the viewer was supposed to think that.

I was also wondering if Jesse told Hank about Gale and it looks like he did.

5. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Not as exciting as last week's episode (and the ending wasn't as cliffhanger-y) but still very solid. I kinda wonder how much they are going to stretch things out until the final episode. I guess this is all build-up, which the show admittedly does rather well.

On a side note, Skyler's transformation as a character has been very interesting to watch. She went from being loving and supportive of Walt, to angry after finding out the truth, to aloof/indifferent, and now it almost seems as if she's completely on-board with Walt and this whole thing. In the last episode, it seemed like she was an empty shell, merely going along with things because she's just emotionally drained from everything, but in this episode she was essentially encouraging Walt to kill Jesse. Quite the difference in attitude and demeanor from when she first found out. At this point, I feel like she's almost as guilty as Walt. That's probably an over-exaggeration, but she's definitely not innocent in all of this. She had an opportunity to bail, and that opportunity seems long gone.

6. JirinPanthosa

Hank knew some pretty specific details about the events of the series. It was pretty clear Jesse told him everything.

Brilliant episode, the way they showed Walt's perspective before they showed Hank's perspective. And Hank's attitude 'Oh who cares if he dies' was the most obsessed we've ever seen him.

7. Agent Richard07

I noticed that Laura Fraser was credited for the episode, but she didn't appear.

I was thinking the same thing. We have four episodes to take us from where we are now to Walt on the run with an M60 in the trunk, no family in sight and a derelict house.

She didn't strike me as fully onboard with Walt. She does seem angry and resigned to the fact that this is her life now and this is the man she has to live with.

8. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

It just didn't seem like a lot happened in this episode, even though we had Jesse teaming up with Hank (though I doubt Jesse is going to work directly with Hank... if that makes sense). The preview for next week's episode didn't reveal much, and I get that it is a preview. I am just curious as to what happens which leads us into the events we saw in the season premiere.

That's what I meant to say. She's not fully on-board, but she's dealing with it as best as she can. I think the most telling part was the line "We've come this far... what's one more?" or something along those lines. Skyler has reached a pretty dark place, as has pretty much every other character in this show (besides maybe Walt Jr).

9. JirinPanthosa

The only thing Skyler is on board with is not getting caught until Walter dies.

10. Agent Richard07

Talking Bad just revealed an interesting tidbit... Skyler's wardrobe has been shifting to cream tones to symbolize the life being drained from her.

11. Agent Richard07

Speaking of Talking Bad, Chris Hardwick looks like Aaron Paul.

12. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

Well, somehow I forgot today was Sunday( alcohol), but I just caught the rerun. Old Yeller:rofl:. I love the humor:rofl:, but I don't think Walt is going after Jesse, I think he's going after Hank. I don't think Jesse told Hank about Gale because that is murder, no matter how you slice it. Hank just can't let it slide and now that Gomez is in on it, I just don't see it. I see Walt coming up with some other, sinister, plan.

It's interesting seeing Skyler transform. It seems like she is breaking bad as well, but for some other reason, maybe the money?

13. Agent Richard07

Sounds like he did. Hank referred to him as a murderer when he was talking to Gomez.

14. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Stockholm Syndrome

15. Chuck Finley

Chuck Finley Commander

16. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

that was quite the meta convo Walt had with Jr., wasn't it?

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

There was a moment in Talking Bad where I was sure that as Betsy was leaning to one side that she was going to put her hand on RJ's leg, but then she course corrected... And missed him by a couple inches.

It's not an impossible pairing?

18. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I really should watch that. :D

Now I don't think it was as good an episode as the last few have been, but I loved Walt slowly exploring his house at the start. Very tense. I also liked how they showed things from Walt's perspective first, before flipping to Jesse's. It was nicely done and kept me guessing.

I somehow felt bad for Walt when Jesse mistakenly thought he was going to have him killed. Any hope Walt had for reconciliation is off now.

19. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

What plan do you think Jesse came up with?

I believe he's going to tell Walt jr. about his dad because that would rock Heisenberg to the core.. with everything he did he always made sure that his family is safe and didn't know (Skylar just broke through the ruse).

Taking away Jr. in a kind of way could be devastating to Walter without having to fire any shots because his family is the only thing left he cares about.

Additionally Marie talking about this poison also made me sit up and take a note.. i feel this may become important because it is a very cruel poison on the hands of someone who wants to torture and see the other suffer.

20. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's only bad to poison other people.

Walt is a monster.