Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

If it's new, the barcode should be different. And look for a red delta on the spine that the UK press release spoke about... I would think the US one would have that as well.

If there's no visible difference, don't bother opening it. Call them and ask why it's an identical-looking set first.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

I know that when Universal had a problem with the initial DVD release of Back to the Future the barcode was the same, save for an "R" on the corrected version. I suspect this will be similar either the barcode will be slightly different or totally new. I suspect the former as I assume it's not easy -or cheap- to "register" a new barcode for an item that's effectively the same item as a previously registered one.

3. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Yeah, I had heard about that.

I spoke with another rep from Amazon last night and this person, after actually taking the time to look into it, said that it won't be the new set. Why they're still shipping the old one is beyond me...they should be holding off on shipping them until the corrected sets come in. Oh well.

4. Salinga

Salinga Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In Germany Amazon just send out a message, that you have to send the damaged discs to this address:

Trekworld Marketing GmbH, Borsigstraße 13, 30916 Isernhagen

Then you get the corrected discs back.

Of course this means: If your discs get lost on their way to them - your fault. Buy a new set.

5. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

I also did an exchange with Amazon.com, expecting to get a corrected set. My package is supposed to arrive Monday, so I'll soon find out. After reading the recent posts here, I'm not too hopeful.

6. NewHorizon

Yeah, it won't be the corrected set, the second rep I spoke to took the time to dig into it and said they do not have access to the corrected sets at this time. Guess we'll both be sending them back and waiting for the new sets to become available.

7. Joanna McCoy-Kirk

Joanna McCoy-Kirk Commodore Commodore

I got the new set this afternoon, and they are the uncorrected versions. :( I guess I'll have to put up with these discs until the company handling the disc replacement program gets around to sending out corrected discs.

8. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Has anyone who sent an email in received a confirmation of some sort yet after submitting their disc codes?

9. NewHorizon

If you received your discs from Amazon as a 'replacement' then just print off the pre-paid label the emailed you and send the disc set you just received back. When the corrected discs become available, you can submit a request to exchange again.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Nope.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Nope, which is sort of annoying. It would have been nice to get a "The codes are valid. You'll get your discs... sometime."

12. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wonder how long it would take to actually produce new discs?

13. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Just a quick update for UK patrons. After purchasing the set in-store from HMV, I rang the number listed upthread. I was instructed to return my discs in person next week, by which time replacement stock will allegedly be on the shelves.

Honestly, I am somewhat sceptical on the successful outcome of this action - from both an availability and/or resistant/unwilling employees standpoint. I was clearly told those on the shop floor have been fully briefed however. Hmm, we'll see...

14. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but Skin of Evil has some audio glitches as well. When Yar is transported to sickbay some of the dialogue has an echo. Also my dics freezes at certain points.

15. LOKAI of CHERON

Do you want to rephrase that?!!! In seriousness, no problem with freezing on my disc.

16. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just called the Deluxe Company and there is no ETA on the discs at this point. People should be receiving confirmation emails when the discs are ready but it's not known when that will be. I don't mind waiting, as I was surprised it would take only a week to fix all these corrections. The thing I was surprised about though was being told about the August 10th date. Not sure if they should have done that.

17. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think I need to rephrase, but I should've checked my spelling though. ;)

My disc froze once for several seconds during Skin of Evil. Freezing however in my experience is usually a problem on individual discs and not entire batches so I don't expect that a lot of people are experiencing the same issues. The sound issue however is a problem in the mixing of the sound.

18. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

No problems.

No problem

Tiny bit in the holodeck scene with Riker, Troi and Troi's "future husband", but that was the same as on the 2002 DVD 5.1 mix, so I think that might be an issue on the original audio tapes at Paramount/CBS and not a result of the new mix.

The sounds of those automobiles was really good, but no problems with the audio.

No issues

Again, no issues.

I don't hear what the problems are, except for source problems that can't be fixed since they were not caught back in the 80's.

19. LOKAI of CHERON

The problem is specifically with the DTS HD Master Audio on seven of the episodes. If you're not listening on a home cinema system you might not notice anything. But, if you do, the problems are horribly, blatantly obvious. All other sound options across the set are fine.

20. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I'm listening on a Yamaha 5.1 surround system (it's 10 years old so it doesn't have the decoder for DTS-HD or Dolby Digital True or even PCM 5.1, but it does have standard decoders for DTS and Dolby Digital) and I'm switching between the regular DTS and the enhanced matrices that make the playback sound like you are in a theater or add reverb to mono movies, etc, and as I said before, unless I 'glue' my ear right to the speaker, I don't hear anything wrong with the audio.