TOS Complete Series BluRay

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by austen_pierce, Oct 27, 2013.

1. austen_pierce

austen_pierce Captain Captain

Hi everyone. I'm noticing that Amazon and most of their affiliated have dropped the price of TOS complete series bluray set to $100. This is down $20 from earlier in the week.

Anyone know why?

Is this a good time to buy or does this signal the potential of another release?

2. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Back in August I picked it up for $82 from Amazon, which was less than I paid for the DVD set years ago. You can do better than $100 if you're willing to wait.

3. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

If people keep buying there will always be more releases coming.

4. KarmicCurse

KarmicCurse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Amazon is having a one-day sale of the TOS 3 season pack for $69.99.

5. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Goddamnit I knew I should have waited. But thanks for posting the heads-up.

6. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

There are no advantages to getting the three season set vs buying them individually btw. They just have a flimsy piece of plastic around them and then are shrinkwrapped together. No nice box to put them in or anything. Just so you know in case you can find the individual seasons cheaper. I got my set just this week and paid close to $90 for it. I wonder if the time range is close enough that they'll give me a refund for the price drop?

7. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ You can ask them and see. Amazon's pretty good, so they just might... I've had something similar happen at amazon.ca, and they did refund the difference when I asked about it.

The alternative is to return the current one and buy the new one at the lower price, but you'll be out the return shipping, and that would only work if you haven't already opened it.

8. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I'm in the middle of watching season 1 now.
    It occurs to me that pricing thing with Amazon is with pre orders, so it's probably not going to happen. I'm happy with my purchase, but I wouldn't mind getting that $20 back.

9. austen_pierce

As the OP, yes I saw the sale yesterday and had that 'goddammit' moment too. I'd bought it at $93 a few weeks earlier. Do I wish I'd waited and saved that $24? Sure. Did I still get a great deal at $93. Heck yes.

10. austen_pierce

Because I bought less than a month ago, I DID ask them. They AGREED to refund the difference. I am now a very happy guy. :techman:

Of course I'll just spend the difference on other Amazon merch. ;)

11. KarmicCurse

KarmicCurse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The box set has been $72.99 on amazon for a few days now.

12. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Note that a disadvantage to buying the series set, rather than the individual season sets, is the packaged sets have slipcovers for seasons 1 and 2, but no slip cover for season 3. It may be fine for most people, but some people with OCD may find this annoying :)

13. TowerPower

TowerPower Commander Red Shirt

Yep - I got the set for 72.99 as well. Looking forward to the bluray viewing.

14. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

$72.99 (about £45.00 in the UK) is a genuinely awesome deal - less than a dollar per classic episode! Can't be bad. :techman:

15. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I know I paid roughly $60.00 a season when I bought them on release day.