Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know, after looking up Eddie Fyers background, I think I agree the "legs women" is a new character.

At first I thought it was Rebecca Merlyn, but piecing together some of the story elements the writers are pooling from, I get the impression Fyers wanted to incident the Chinese military to save face for what could be mercery or even US political agenda.

I think everyone else would have to admit its a little weird that Ferris specifically got called out. That could be just dropping names, but I wonder.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

The show has done a lot of names drops that have setup nothing. Geoforce's real name character was killed off.

Tv shows and movies are always using fake, made up names for companies. Arrow gets to pluck names for the DC universe without needing to create their own. I don't think this means anything.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do we know yet if Ted Kord will be appearing on the show? I've caught several references to him and/or his company, but I can't remember if the character himself will be popping up.

4. Lighthammer

Remember?

It hasn't been but DC has been shoving Blue Beetle in every property they can recently. IT WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME!

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

But they'd been pushing Jaime Reyes more so than Kord.

Of course, now that Jaimie's book has been cancelled (twice?), it seems odd that it's not good money after bad.

Beetle and Booster were such a let down on Smallville.

6. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ha! I was thinking more of Ben Turner (Bronze Tiger).

This week's episode was pretty good, and the ending was great. The fighting choreography has really improved the last several episodes. That was a brutal Ollie v. Merlyn fight-not as brutal as the first-but still pretty hard hitting.

7. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Merlyn went to Nanda Parbat to train for two years after his wife's death. We don't know how long Shado actively trained Ollie so Meryln could have received better training in those two years than Ollie did in his five.

Nanda Parbat sets us up for several possible appearances, of which include:

The League of Assassins
    The Question (both Vic and Renee)
    Batman

If they include metahumans;

Deadman
    Elongated Man
    Etrigan

8. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I could see the non powered Kord Beetle on the show more easily than the powered Reyes version. It would be more in keeping with the universe they created. Of course he wouldnt have the beetle to fly around in.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

While a part of me would still love to see them incorporate superpowers into the show, I wouldn't be too upset if they never did.

10. Icemizer

There are a huge number of non powered characters that could appear on the show.
    I like the above Bronze Tiger idea.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Federal government has to take an interest eventually... And that means Amanda Waller and a lot of other unsavoury people.

12. Icemizer

Maxwell Lord you have failed this city.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd really like The Question to show up. Ditto the Ted Kord Blue Beetle.

14. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'd like to see Byron Mann return as Silver Lion :rommie:

15. Icemizer

Morpheus 02 you have failed this thread.......bwahaha!!!

16. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Well... I did not see that coming. I think that they will pull a "One Year Later" and have season 2 jump a year ahead.

17. Marc

Marc Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Hmm now to see where they go next season. We've got wrap up for two characters though I'm wondering if some-one will blame Oliver for one of deaths rather than taking responsibility.

Guess it's a bit of spoiler though when you know actors have been signed to become regulars for the next season.

18. Icemizer

Strong ending to the season. Didnt see Tommy going that way at all and am pretty sure Merlyn is not quite dead. Is Tommys end the moment that changes Ollie from killer to hero? I could have done without Felicity crying. Will Ollie assume the head of Queen Industries? We also need a new bad guy for next year. Cant wait.

19. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I am not convinced Malcolm is dead. Not because of what Oliver told Tommy. He said that because its what he wanted to hear. But because Malcolm's injury was no where as serve as his son's. More than anything he is too damn good a character to kill off.

Time jump is possible. But clearly we are going to see the aftermath of all this. Moria in jail, the effects of the earthquake on the city. This will have long term effects.

20. Lighthammer

I really have to admit, I could see this episode going a few ways and thats what made this episode fun, really.

- I expected Walter to be the guy to piece things together and make the announcement Moira did.

- I really didn't expect them to follow up on the Felicity hacking ties but we see why now.

- I expected Ollie to tell his mom who he was.

- When Ollie saw Laurel last, I was expecting him to tell her who he was finally (too) and expected Laurel would INSIST on confronting Malcolm and Tommy with Ollie in some sort of pseudo Black Canary costume.

- I expected Moira to die by the hands Malcolm Merlyn but I don't know exactly how. After SHE made the announcement, I expected a hitman to kill her.

- When Tommy confronted his dad, I expected him to say "I understand why you're doing this" and join him, at least in some sense.

- I didn't expect Tommy's mom to REALLY (at least to the best of our knowledge) be dead.

- I expected Roy was going to link up with Detective Lance enroute to the machine and somehow protect / help him.

- I NEVER expected Detective Lance to be suspended or pull a "James Gordon" (per Batman Begins). I have to admit, I really did expect him to die when he called his daughter.

- By this point, I expected this episode to turn into a "passing the torch episode" sort of episode where Malcolm, Moira, Quentin and maybe Diggle would die.

- When Diggle and Ollie confronted Malcolm, I expected to see Diggle finally in some sort of hero-esque costume. It does seem more and more like he's taking on the "Arsonal" role.

- I didn't expect Malcolm to have a second device (great twist).

- I expected Felicity to confess her undying love to Ollie when it seemed like the building was going down (and maybe have it get garbled).

- I didn't expect for a second Tommy would save Laurel and seemingly die.

- I didn't expect Fyer to die. That --- erp --- lets talk about that after we know what else happens on the island. They only covered a few months out of 5 years (and I hope thats not all they're covering).

- I expected Roy to do more --- something --- ANYTHING to get noticed by Ollie as a good, decent kid.

This episode was a rollercoaster and I'll have to admit, I have to sit on it see how I feel about it. I enjoyed watching it lots. I might feel a little different after I break down some of the events.

I think its obvious Deahtstroke and Shado work into the plot down the road, but I do muchly finding myself wondering how. Just now it seems like the three kind of have a "League of Light" (contrapositive to the League of Shadows, if that's not obvious) going which doesn't fit several of the character's traditional history.