The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I have no ships to post, or I would happily post away. Have you got some ships? Post your ships and remedy the ship-anemia of this thread.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Finally scored some Ewoks I didn't already own: Romba and Graak from the 2007 Anniversary line. These two furballs were nowhere to be seen a few years ago and most online prices for them are a little high, but my friend's toy shop had them on a near-mint cardback and let me have them for just $10!

3. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only ship I have is the Playmates Runabout from Deep Space Nine. I'll have to dig it up and take a photo.

4. cooleddie74

I remember that Deep Space Nine. A real shame about '90s Trek toys, isn't it? Much better than the sales would indicate, but then Star Trek hasn't been at the top of the toy heap since the Mego action figure line of the '70s.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

My LCS got in a huge shipment of Star Trek ships a couple weeks ago. There's Bs, Ds, Es, AGT Ds, and Birds of Prey all over the shop. I just haven't had the funds or space to pull the trigger on any of them.

6. cooleddie74

I don't care what some of the more demanding and nitpicky collectors say, the 2009 Legacy Collection Stormtrooper is a very good figure. It's not as good as the more recent versions and there are minor issues with the legs and helmet, but it looks pretty fantastic and is a good army builder.

7. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That guy has turned up in his SAGA Legends packaging at some discount shops near me. I'll probably pick up a couple if they still have any in a week or so.

8. cooleddie74

Yeah, my local TJ Maxx got in a handful of the 2010-11 Saga Legends Stormtroopers and sold them for $4.99 each. You're right, I believe that figure is a straight repack of the 2009 Legacy version. It's a good trooper. In some ways the Anniversary Collection version with the silver coin from 2007 is better (it's also one of the last Stormtroopers that doesn't have a removable helmet so that's one less thing to lose) but I'm a fan of most Kenner and Hasbro Stormies over the years. It's pretty hard to go wrong with one of those guys and they always sell well.

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

No camera sadly--I meant what was available on shelves from the market.

10. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I've got the Hot Wheels Enterprise-D:

[​IMG]

Edit: I really thought that photo was larger! :lol:

11. cooleddie74

Hot Wheels made an Enterprise-D? Wow, I'm more out of touch with some toy lines than I thought.

12. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I've just found out that my Rookie ODST and his Mongoose glow in the dark...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. cooleddie74

That's neat. Is there anything about HALO toys that isn't pleasantly surprising or cool? Or both?

14. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

You want ships? I have ships! I am crazy about them so I grab what I can when I can.

The first four were made by Bandai about ten years ago. They are snap-together model kits that came prepainted and lit. The detail on them is staggering considering the size. They were also expensive but worth every penny. Unfortunately they do not make them anymore. The rest are toys or collectables.

Enterprise Refit by Bandai
    [​IMG]

Enterprise E by Bandai
    [​IMG]

Enterprise NX-01 by Bandai
    [​IMG]

Voyager by Bandai
    [​IMG]

TOS Enterprise by Diamond Select
    [​IMG]

Enterprise D by Diamond Select
    [​IMG]

Alternate Timeline Enterprise by Playmates
    [​IMG]

Serenity by Quantum Mechanics
    [​IMG]

Millennium Falcon by Hasbro
    [​IMG]

I also have Diamond Select’s Enterprise B and Bird of Prey as well as an X-Wing. When I find some time I will take some pictures of them to post. I also recently bought a model of the Battlestar Galactica. I need to snap some pictures of it when it finally gets here. I have also been searching for an Imperial Shuttle for a reasonable price. I am always looking for something to add to the collection.

I also have the Tardis and the Doc Brown's Delorean. Do those count as ships?

publiusr likes this.
  15. cooleddie74

:wtf:

I think I need a change of underwear now.

That....was amazing.

16. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Those are pretty amazing, thanks for posting them.

17. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I saved the best for last. Sometimes I will just stand in front of the Millennium Falcon and just marvel at her. All of these are sitting out in my studio so I tend to gaze at them when I should be working but the Falcon tends to distract me more often than the others. I also DO NOT pick her up and fly her through the apartment from time to time. Nope. Don't that at all.

I am also obsessed with that little Bandai NX-01 too. She sits on my desk right next to the computer. She even has a little bag I put over her when I am painting so she doesn't get any accidental splatter.

18. cooleddie74

The Hasbro Millennium Falcon is the epitome of awesome, isn't she?

19. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Holy shit, those ships...

As promised, The Avengers Saint Patrick's Day Shenanigans!

Everyone got a little drunk. "Hulk SMASHED!"

[​IMG]

Fury and Iron Man had wayyyyy too much.

[​IMG]

Thor, Captain America, and Black Widow are the last ones standing. They drank everyone under the table. In Hawkeye's case, literally!

[​IMG]

You okay there, Barton?

[​IMG]

I was going to get a photo of Clint with his head in the toilet, but I couldn't find some of my old dollhouse furniture. :lol:

20. cooleddie74

:lol: As I've said before, ten pounds of Win in a one-pound bag.