Batman's Rogues gallery in the Nolan-Verse

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Capt_Pickirk, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I can see that, but I just dont seeing the Nolan Joker inspiring a fan who who would become the Harley know. The BOP Harley never struck me as being someone Harley would grow into.

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was actually thinking she'd be someone along the lines of the women who write serial killers in jail about how much they love them.

3. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Man, I had no clue that Golden Age Clayface was a master of disguise...

I should really bone up on Golden Age Lore.

Other than the addition of Temple Fugate aka The Clock King (Batman:TAS version) I can't really think of another villian to add to the list.

Also, this thread has made me want to go back and re-experience The DC Comics universe from Episode 1 forward. Looks like I've got another epic marathon in the works after I finish watching all of Doctor Who.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I'm actually just now watching the DCAU stuff for the first time. Up till about a week ago, the only DCAU stuff I'd seen was a couple Batmans and Supermans, and one JLU which I loved, but it turned out it was the finale and I could never find it again. The other day I bought the Volume 1 of BTAS, and I plan on working my way through to JLU.

I have been watching all of the animated movies that have been coming out over the last years though, and I've really enjoyed them all.

5. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

I don't know. I honestly didn't think Two-Face could work in the Nolan-Verse, but Nolan proved me wrong. Maybe it could work if he toned down the whimsical aspects of the Hatter.

Exactly.

6. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It could work. Somehow....

AND STOP SAYING JOHNNY DEPP SHOULD GET EVERY SINGLE ACTING JOB PEOPLE!!!! IT'S IRRITATING, TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!!!

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Apparently he's replacing Robert Downey Jr in that Wizard of Oz prequel. Very original!

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Well, he has played the part before.

9. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

What about an anti-Batman like: Prometheus?

10. Myasishchev

Myasishchev Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Prometheus has always been kind of lame. That's why when Morrison wrote him, he was kind of cool, but no one else seems to know how, because only Morrison understood how the character worked. Kind of a starfucker and attention-seeker. "You wrote excruciating poetry as a child, I can tell." There's other valid interpretations, I guess, but no one's ever developed one that stuck.

Besides, Prometheus was a JLA villain, and most (or all?) of the neat things he ever did were . An anti-Batman in the Nolanverse would, I expect, wind up looking like a reworked, non-joke Silver Age Killer Moth.

Of course, there's always Azrael, or Bane, or Deadshot, or, if his name didn't sound so stupid next to Batman's, I'd love to see Thomas "Catman" Blake.

11. Grimloxz

Grimloxz Cadet Newbie

Can you imagine Clint Eastwood playing the aged curmudgeonly Bruce Wayne/Dark Knight in Batman Beyond? He wouldn't even have to change his voice...

12. Capt_Pickirk

Capt_Pickirk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^
    :techman:
    That would be awesome!!

13. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

^ I'd love to see Eastwood as Bruce Wayne doing a scene like in Gran Torino where he beats the asian kid and threatens him with a gun....

"Don't make me put the suit back on, cause if I do, things are gonna get fuckin' ugly!"

That would, indeed, be awesome. :techman:

14. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Bane: Steroid-enhanced ultimate fighter but still intelligent. Warrior-poet. I'd like to see Jonathan Crane make his chemicals.
    Black Mask:[/b} A regular mob boss who needs to be anonymous.
    Catwoman: Some sort of burglar who originally just uses a black suit for camo during night missions and a grapple. Then the media calls her Catwoman with a whip.
    Clayface: No.
    Hush: Maybe as Rachel Dawson's brother or something. Similar to Eckhart's Two-Face.
    Killer Croc: No.
    Man-Bat: No.
    Poison Ivy: Maybe a chemist/drug dealer. Her chemicals would be a cross between ecstasy and LSD.