William Shatner wants to return as Jim Kirk in Abram’s Universe...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by 1bulma1, Jul 25, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do you really think Abrams cares about canon? :p

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

More than his detractors do, at any rate.

3. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Sure but they'll need to get him on a liquid-only diet first.

Seriously, Bill, I think that ship is now far, faaaaaar in the distance. So far, it's gonna topple off the horizon.

He really wants it, though, doesn't he? :vulcan:

4. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure the next movie wouldn't be able to survive Shatner's huge ego. :p

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yknow, seeing Shat in a brief cameo as Future Kirk or something would be a blast, but only if it were kept a deep dark secret and really sprung on us only on opening day.

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Parallel Universe, bay-bee! :p Canon is MOOT!

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Or whenever Karl Urban blurts it out. :p

ShatnerKirk's appearance in STXI would have been from the Prime universe ( though at this point it's possible they could do another time travel story and feature Shatner as future Abramsverse Kirk ). The Abramsverse in general is not an entirely clean slate because everything before 2233 is supposed to have been the same.

8. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

That would certainly motivate PineKirk to stay in shape.

Maybe the mind-meld prime-Spock did with PineKirk left some residual memory of prime-Kirk and he could have some kind of flash-"forward".

The issue being that Shatner looks a lot older than when Kirk died.

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Shat makes everything better.

Get it done.

10. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Nimoy has dignity. Shatner has none.

11. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think that's a problem with this character. It's kind of a built-in trait -- the "no-dignity" thing :lol:

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Good thing the likelihood of a storyline featuring Shatner as a returning KirkPrime is just about nil, then, isn't it?

Exactly. Just like all those other times over the last four years when Shatner was asked essentially the same question.

It costs Shatner nothing to say "Sure, I'd love to!" (again) and he gets his name mentioned in connection with the movie (again). The rest of his answer (as quoted by TrekWeb) makes it plain that he's not taking the idea seriously at all, but sure, why not say that?

13. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reporters really need to just stop freaking asking him this question. It comes up every fricken time someone talks to him again and we all end up having the same discussion. I think I have everyone's opinion on the subject friggen memorized.

My other previous 20 responses to this topic: Shatner cannot be Kirk because blah, blah, blah but Shatner as different character would blah, blah, blah.

14. Matt S

Matt S Lieutenant Red Shirt

Only character that makes sense was/is Spock for obvious reasons. Shatner could do a voice over ONLY - giving him a new role wouldn't work either. Too distracting

15. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

So? Marina Sirtis wants to return as Deanna Troi in future Star Trek productions. Michael Dorn wants to return as Worf in future Star Trek productions. I'm sure if you asked most of the actors who were in any form of Trek if they'd like to return, at least half of them would say yes. Doesn't mean they have a snowball's chance in hell of it actually happening.

16. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

And, seriously, what else are they supposed to say? "No, no, a thousand times no!"

Let's be realistic here. If some poor actor made the mistake of saying, "Nah. I'm done," the next headline would be: "So-and-So Turns Their Back on Star Trek!"

And we would have an endless thread about how they are sick of Star Trek and are letting down their fans . . . . :)

17. Brainsucker

Brainsucker Captain Captain

well, I love to see the old evil Kirk from mirror universe though. But it just me.

18. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Especially since it's kind of a big step from "I would love to" to "I feel entitled".

19. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Come on! Shatner returning at Kirk Prime would be great.

Then Shatner and Pine can fight at the end, and it will end with "I... have had... enough of YOOOUUUU!!!" as Shatner kicks Pine into a lava pit.

It'd be awesome!! :rolleyes:

20. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Thank God that we have these smiley-faces to tell me if something was intended as sarcasm. Seriously, on the internet, one can never know!