DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'll be interesting to see who DC puts on the book after Daniel concludes his arc. Otherwise I'm no longer interested. I was willing to give Diggle a chance, but Daniel alone is a deal breaker for me.

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Who says there is going to be a new writer? If the sales stay the same, the new permanent writer is going to be Tony Daniel.

3. Admiral_Young

If that becomes the case then I'll be dropping "Action Comics" altogether.

4. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

5. Admiral_Young

Oh dear. This is becoming comical now. I thought DiDio had smoothed things over with his writers and what not during the creative retreat a few weeks ago? I guess not.

6. Hound of UIster

Haha no.

Didio's entire thing is that he changes his mind like the wind.

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well, this just makes me not regret at all my decision to drop Action Comics. This is getting ridiculous.

The Lantern books were already going to have an uphill battle in a post Johns/Tomasi/Bedard world. Getting into a revolving door of creators already is not good news.

8. Admiral_Young

DC has named Fialkov's replacement...also he departed due to "editorial and creative" differences. Hmmm. This is a familiar theme isn't it?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/josh-fialkov-off-green-lantern-books.html

This relaunch is starting to fall apart now IMO. I think it achieved it's goal of increasing sales last year, no doubt about that, but the way things have gone down in the last several months with these musical creative teams...I don't know what is going on there but it's nothing good.

I've even read that the original concept of the Trinity War has changed several times since first teased last summer.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Tony Daniel writing again? Yay, one less book to get!

I have no clue what happened in Action #18. Who was the team of superheroes that showed up? Did they appear in an earlier issue?

10. Admiral_Young

The Wanderers...are they whom you're referring to? I've only glanced through it so far, I'm assuming that Morrison is using this issue to tie things in with Multiversity.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So it's a reference to something that hasn't been published yet? :lol:

12. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

That's something new for Morrison. Usually he makes references to ultra obscure things that happened in a single issue several decades ago, and makes them key plot points like you're supposed to remember them.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wonder if all of these people leaving will cause any kind of reevaluation of how DC works with it's writers? Because all of this constant shifting of writers is getting rediculous, and it's kind of starting to make me reconsider even reading any of DC's stuff. I don't think I'm going to want to get into a series, only to have the writers change half way through a run, and then have the series totally change directions.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

All that matters is how much copy they sell! :p

15. Hound of UIster

Pretty certain they are ripoffs of the Guardians of the Galaxy like how the Shi'ar Imperial Guard are ripoffs of the Legion.

16. Admiral_Young

Remember too that he introduced President Superman as well...and we know that he will be appearing in Multiversity. Now that I think about it...House of UIster is right, they did remind me of the Shi'Ar Imperial Guard a bit.

17. Hound of UIster

No I'm saying they are analogous to the original Guardians of the Galaxy (from Marvel comics) like the Imperial Guard were based off of the Legion of Super Heroes.

Captain Comet = Vance Astro
    Parrot man = Yondu

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  18. Admiral_Young

Oh I understand now. Yeah that would make sense.

19. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Wanderers are old Legion of Super-Heroes characters. They even had their own short lived series in the 1990's.

20. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Ahh, The Wanderers. Where one of their team members happily raped a dinosaur and bragged about it.